DM interviews

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

DM interviews

Post by Mithreas » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:59 pm

As New Year is upon is, it's time for the dawn of a new DM shift.

We'll use the same procedure as for recent shift changes, with a couple of minor evolutions.

Returning DMs
If you are a past DM who was active on a recent shift, let me know that you want to return. When deciding who gets to come back, past activity will be considered - we have activity logs from the last few shifts, and we don't want to pull people back in just to warm the chair. So please only volunteer if you actually mean to be active.

New applicants
Hit me up on skype (JamesDonnyT) for a first interview.

Past applicants
In the past, we've extended a free invite to second interview for anyone who has previously attended a second interview. However, our selection process has generally turned out very consistent results, and it's been rare that someone gets through at the second (or later) attempt.

So we're going to run things a little differently this time around. As usual, there will be two second interview sessions. However, if you are a past second interviewee who didn't make it, you'll only be invited to come to the second second interview - i.e. we'll give the fresh blood first crack. After this, we'll have a better idea of how many DMs we still need, and we'll see if any of you who got close in past months or years can now reach the mark.

That said - if you're interested, let me know over skype so I can add you to the list.

--

Times and dates for the second interviews will be announced Soon (tm).
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: DM interviews

Post by Mithreas » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:42 pm

OK, we're going to shoot for the following dates and times for the second interviews.

Saturday Jan 17th at 8pm EST/5pm PST. This is Sunday 9am Singapore/12 noon Sydney, I think.
Sunday Jan 18th at 11am EST/4pm GMT.

The first slot aiming to be Australia friendly, the second to cover Europe.

The new DM shift will start on Sunday after the interview round is complete.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:03 am

A reminder that DM second interview rounds are happening this weekend! I have a good shortlist of vict... uh, candidates lined up already, but do contact me if you're interested in joining them.

Also! If you are interested in FL DMing, please hit me up on that as well. I have a couple of volunteers, and we'll be selecting new FL DMs shortly as well.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:54 am

Interviews are happening in 5 minutes on the UNDERDARK server. Please hit up that server to join. Thank you.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:28 pm

And we're done.

The active DM list is now:
DM Watchtower
DM Abracadaniel
DM GrumpyCat
DM El Guapo
DM Fomorian
DM Kratos
DM Noxt
DM Quill
DM Really
DM Void
DM Tophat

Thank you to all who applied - there were a lot of good candidates this time around.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Everyone - as you've probably noticed, I've been a bit scarce lately. This has mainly been due to flying around the world for (first) work and (then) holiday. It's going to be a few weeks before I'm not on a crazy schedule any more.

Therefore, while we're due a set of DM interviews around now, they're going to be postponed for about a month. I'll post an update when we have some dates identified, and when I do that, I'll also tell you how to apply (ok, it will be the same process as every shift, but I'm not yet ready to start processing applications so don't send them yet please ;)).

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 am

All right - I'm now ready to handle the next round of DM interviews.

See the top post for how this works - essentially, hit me up on Skype and let me know you want to be considered for the next shift.

Since we're running a bit late, I'm going to try and run second interviews this weekend. So get your applications in quickly.

I'm now in Australia, so the two second interview sessions will be scheduled to overlap Aus/US and Aus/EU.
- Saturday Jul 18th at 8pm EST/5pm PST. This is Sunday Jul 19th 8am Singapore/10am Sydney.
- Sunday Jul 19th 11am UK/noon CET/6pm Singapore/8pm Sydney.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:41 pm

The first of the second interviews is happening in about 20 minutes.

Please log into the -Underdark- server if you're attending. Thanks!

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:40 am

All right, the new shift is now up and running. Thanks for the previous team, we had a good run, and I hope to see most or all of you back in 6 months :)

The new roster is:
DM Void
DM Noxt
DM GrumpyCat
DM Wake
DM Merricat
DM Empusa
DM Innis
DM UsualSuspects
DM Watchtower

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:17 am

It's that time of year again :)

Same process as during the first post, except that if you've been to a second interview but not been selected within the last two years, then you're not eligible this time around.

The first second interview will be at
Sunday 27th 2pm PST / 5pm EST / 10pm GMT / 11pm CET / Monday 28th 9am AEST on the Underdark server.

If you cannot make this slot, please make it clear to me when having your first interview. I'm hoping to try and get everyone done in a single run (since I'm on holiday next week and can run the interview on Monday morning my time).