War System & PvP

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

War System & PvP

Post by Irongron » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:22 am

WAR!

I took the decision recently to end the settlement 'War System', and have asked the team to remove it entirely following the latest event.

This is for many reasons, chiefly that it rarely led to any kind of meaningful resolution without DM intervention, and that it encouraged mass PvP events that have become all too frequent, and often unwelcome to many players. As such it will be removed entirely in the coming days.

In due course I hope to have this replaced with a system of 'faction war' which will work in a similar way, but exclude both NPCs and those not directly involved in the conflict.

PVP

In related news I have informed the DM team to hand out 'Marks of Despair' (http://wiki.arelith.com/Mark_of_destiny#Mark_of_despair) to those characters judged to be indulging in habitual PVP, especially when doing so in low-level areas, or against characters far below their level.

This will most likely come without prior warning, but will be removed again if the behaviour of said individuals is seen to have improved. This is not to say PvP is frowned upon, but following a recent surge in such activity I judge it to be necessary to limit such conflict in future.

I'd ask all our players to keep PvP to last resort and not to partake in one-sided conflict against those unable to defend themselves.