A reminder about Monster Races

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

A reminder about Monster Races

Post by Irongron » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 am

If any player is any doubt about playing a 'friendly' monster race the server has had a very clear policy on this for over a decade.

Text below is from here: http://wiki.arelith.com/Playing_any_UD_race

Monster races

Here's the thing: when you play a monster race, expect to be treated as a monster race. Every civilized town for RP purposes can be considered to have a number of residents. If you got an ooc warning about hanging around a populated surface town if you are an underdarker, thank your lucky stars because the IC interaction would be: "look, a monster, everyone kill it." and then having the entire local militia attack until you all died. In fact, if you're playing a monster race, we're permitting it based on the understanding that you will react in just this way...avoiding towns upon fear of death.

Goblins, Kobolds, Drow, Orogs, etc, are considered a "Monster Race". Part of the RP of being allowed (note the very careful phrasing) to continue to play a monster race is rping as if you are a monster, an unwelcome member in traditional surface society. If you can't do that, there's absolutely no rule that says I can't delete your character for bastardizing the role play of the entire server. In fact, ask around, I will do it without hesitation or remorse if I feel as if in any way your rp is corrupting the vision of RP for the server.

Bottom line is, it's ok to agree to disagree on the principle, just so there is an understanding that if/when we catch it, the consequences will be severe. Up to and including permanent removal of the character and/or player permanently, in extreme or repetitive instances.

Jjjerm

It has nothing to do with alignment. If you have a non-evil monster, or have used a reward to be good aligned, you are expected to do so in the Underdark setting, or outside of civilsed lands (away from NPCs)

This is not a discussion.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: A reminder about Monster Races

Post by MalKalz » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm

It would appear that with the shift to Enhanced Edition, it is important to reiterate the following for all players:
Irongron wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 am
If any player is any doubt about playing a 'friendly' monster race the server has had a very clear policy on this for over a decade.

Text below is from here: http://wiki.arelith.com/Playing_any_UD_race

Monster races

Here's the thing: when you play a monster race, expect to be treated as a monster race. Every civilized town for RP purposes can be considered to have a number of residents. If you got an ooc warning about hanging around a populated surface town if you are an underdarker, thank your lucky stars because the IC interaction would be: "look, a monster, everyone kill it." and then having the entire local militia attack until you all died. In fact, if you're playing a monster race, we're permitting it based on the understanding that you will react in just this way...avoiding towns upon fear of death.

Goblins, Kobolds, Drow, Orogs, etc, are considered a "Monster Race". Part of the RP of being allowed (note the very careful phrasing) to continue to play a monster race is rping as if you are a monster, an unwelcome member in traditional surface society. If you can't do that, there's absolutely no rule that says I can't delete your character for bastardizing the role play of the entire server. In fact, ask around, I will do it without hesitation or remorse if I feel as if in any way your rp is corrupting the vision of RP for the server.

Bottom line is, it's ok to agree to disagree on the principle, just so there is an understanding that if/when we catch it, the consequences will be severe. Up to and including permanent removal of the character and/or player permanently, in extreme or repetitive instances.

Jjjerm

It has nothing to do with alignment. If you have a non-evil monster, or have used a reward to be good aligned, you are expected to do so in the Underdark setting, or outside of civilsed lands (away from NPCs)

This is not a discussion.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.