On Subdual

DM Noxt
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

On Subdual

Post by DM Noxt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Now that we've introduced the subdual system, there are a few things I want to address.

To begin with, exactly the same amount of interactive RP is required as always, even though you're "only" subduing someone. The same goes for the justification of the PvP: if you wouldn't have attacked someone when a subdual system didn't exist, then you shouldn't attack them now that it does. PvP is still serious and shouldn't be done at the drop of a hat.

Subdual is not meant to increase the amount of PvP that takes place, nor is it meant to let high level characters throw their weight around more. That's the opposite of what we want, and, indeed, if it becomes too much of a problem we'll remove it.

To reiterate, so it's abundantly clear: the addition of subdual is not meant to signal a culture shift. It is not an invitation to engage in PvP for more trivial reasons than before.

I, along with the rest of the DM team, will be keeping a close eye on how the system is used in the coming weeks. I urge anyone witnessing silly behavior to report it. The first couple of months will be especially important in establishing the culture of subdual - what is acceptable and what is not - and if necessary, I won't shy away from handing out harsh punishments to make an example out of those abusing the system.

To not become an example, just use good sense and show some common courtesy to fellow players.