ILR (item level requirement) is returning, but will work a little differently.
- For now, it will only apply to weapons. (In future, it will be extended to other items as well).
- ILR will be set when an item is first picked up. It will never change thereafter - for example, if you add an essence to an item, its ILR will not be affected.
- It operates on a new scale, based on item values but changing every 3 levels between 1 and 16.
(So an item with value 10,000 can be used by anyone of level 10 or higher. Going from level 10 to level 11 doesn't give you more "reach" - until you reach level 13 you can use the same set of items. Level 16+ PCs can use anything by default, though see below.)
- Code: Select all
<2001 ILR 1 (iron)
<4001 ILR 4 (masterly iron)
<7001 ILR 7 (steel)
<15000 ILR 10 (masterly steel*)
<30000 ILR 13 (greensteel*, damask)
Higher ILR 16 (masterly damask)
- Items can have their ILR overridden in the toolset. This has been done for three classes of items.
- Greensteel items have an ILR of 13 (despite a value of ~14k).
- Masterly steel items have an ILR of 10 (despite a value of ~25k)
- The new powerful runic items added the other day have an ILR of 21.
- ILR will be clearly visible on the description of an item once a PC has picked it up, if the examiner doesn't have sufficient levels to use the item. So if someone offers to sell/give you something, you can check the ILR in the description.