Lucas/Nyilan

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

susitsu

Lucas/Nyilan

Post by susitsu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:22 am

"Diem kept insisting I start keeping a journal. Finally gave in." -[Date unknown.]

susitsu

Re: Lucas/Nyilan

Post by susitsu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:12 pm

"Ive been thinking about something. Diem keeps saying it's good to write down my thoughts, so here we go."

"What that druid put me through was an amplification of all I have suffered. Compiled into those mere minutes I spent on that nightmare producing chair. It may not have made me stronger physically or magically, but I know my will has doubled in strength since then. However, Yniah disappeared sometime after the incidents leading up to the destruction of that Drow House. Perhaps he saw me a lost cause, that with this bloodshed, I would corrupt Kee."

"But I could not fight the fire in my chest then. The Deep Gnome gave me the excuse I needed, and the Matron of Xun'viir saw the same. It gave me glee to act, when Oturo even tried to convince me not to attack."

"I was extremely patient in claiming this part of my revenge. It was a delicious dish."

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:20 am

"House pet. It was honestly very endearing how Phalmae treated me sometimes. Those were genuinely fun days. I hadn't had any of those since the incident on the Sword Coast that brought me to this isle."

"This all would have been so much easier if a damned devil saved my life and not a demon. I always sorta liked Andelos. I mean, truly, he had the heart of a theater performer like me. I found our speech-off on the road covered in minotaurs to be one that bonded us in a way. How odd, that through knowing him as a boy, as the Wanderer, I came to know my most violent enemy better than his close travelling companions."

"All while avoiding him, of course. Andy was crazier than myself and Lilaevera combined. Always going on about the 'Blood War being now.' Sodding Hells, I don't even like demons that much. He would never accept that. Jerk. Should have died by my hands, not Talona's plague."

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:03 am

"Speech-off. Ha. The roads were rarely lonely, not simply because true solitude is something that had become alien, but because... something, somebody would always wait at the length, some voice louder than the ones I used to carry with myself. Some, even worth a stop to hear, reply, and hear again. The birth of a chain, out of control".

"That was another thing lacking, control, I mean. But the lack of it was not something that vexed me. Had I the control, I wouldn't have walked the road, I would have skipped it, and I would have missed every single opportunity that was waiting for me along the way, and I would never have known all that I could regret. You surely know what I'm talking about, perhaps even better than me".

"Regret walked in a few days ago, reminding me again of what was lost, what would not come back, what couldn't be, and what was still waiting to be. I don't think I ever saw Angela cry before that day, and I don't think I will ever again, not me. Perhaps the brats will. The die was cast a long time ago, and one can cut the dust resting over the cards. None can see what lay below it, but I still remember the last prediction".

"The road goes on, even if we are not to walk it to the end. Don't tell her I said that".

[The page stands out. The calligraphy is identical to the previous, even the plume and ink used, but the author does not seem to be the same.]

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 am

"Kiravias."

"Ever the snoop. You could never stay out of where you don't belong."

"Like my journal, you nosy Chance Mage."

"I took some time to investigate that last entry rather deeply. Without mentioning it. What's one more secret from Diem? As if you aren't familiar with that. Dare to judge, old friend. And truly my oldest friend."

"I remember when we first met. My fragmented mind was something you helped put back together. Bit by bit, I began to recollect what sanity was. Those memories are still a bit foggy, but you're the most prevalent in them. There was always something that connected He and I."

"I wonder where you are now, my 'old friend.' Truly, my dearest friend. I wonder if you ever knew, but the moment I had found out you sought Diem, I withdrew. I withdrew as far as the Underdark. Yet, somehow...she always came to me. I do not take pride in that I took her from you. But know I seek her to be happy, by my side at all times. You might hold some spite for me. For her being mine, and for how I changed her."

"But it's like you said. You can't deny chemistry. And above all else..."

"Fate."

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:05 pm

"I wonder what Asb'el's been up to."

"By the Gods did she give me mixed signals. One moment it's following me around, making snarky remarks and just being the most infuriating woman she can, next she won't even talk to me, and later she would be treating me with the upmost kindness."

"If not for our game with the room signs, I'd have thought us enemies."

"Then we definitely weren't enemies. Paush really changed up the rules. Me, working with Cordorians. The Black Chain moving from mercenary company to the forward defenders of the realm in Sibayad. Our land. Asb'el nearly dying, if not for an entirely happenstance decision to make contact with her, then have Borrus summon her. What kind of Abyssal Warlock am I to leave a favor like that unchecked..."

"Well, I'll always savor the irony of the fact I forged the steel that has melded with her flesh. What a mad woman. I would never do that to myself, and for the same reason I refuse to become a lich."

"Maybe I'll send her a letter. I'll bet she was kinda pissed I just vanished without a word. I really am terrible with goodbyes."