Hatchling

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Irertaux

Hatchling

Post by Irertaux » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 am

I was hatched in a birthing pool, underneath the great Dark.

My brood were the last to hatch; purebloods. The serpentine hisses; psionic whisperings that I was not powerful enough to comprehend. While some have their mind enhanced through time, and through mutative gifts from the Lord, I was never gifted with the same Sight as my bretherin. Another slight, to my birth.

My skin was pale, and I was without scales, save for the ridges of my feet, and back. If it were not for my green, slitted eyes, and tongue fit for the Lord, I would have been discarded then. Luck is not oft thought of in the society of us, the Vrael Olo, but still I consider myself fortunate, in that sense, that I was birthed just right, just wrong enough not to bring attention to myself.

I was left mainly to my own devices, to grow with my hatchmates. We do not possess a childhood like mammals do, but grow quickly, and without that same warmth; we are cold creatures, and stronger for it. I do not miss those who saw me grow, and whom I saw grow in return; their names are erased from my mind.

It was only when I was fully grown, when I was inspired, truly. I saw through the Eyes of our Lord, the Divine Texts as my conduit; a glimpse of something Else, an aberration even to our kind. There are few words I can express in Our tongue to describe how I felt, but the language of fear is universal; and I was terrified, truly, for the first time in my then-short life.

When I was whipped for my crimes, my insolence, I felt my cold blood run across my scaled back. It reminded me of what we are - and what we could be. It was not the last time I was punished.

Irertaux

Re: Hatchling

Post by Irertaux » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 am

My caste was deigned for diplomacy, but I had no appetite for it.

The warmbloods disgust me, in truth. I can't stand their filth, their movements. Yet, I find myself craving to be near them, to watch them emote - to imitate them. It's the humanoid genetics in me, that which stains my bloodline. Those of more regal blood do not feel these urges, I know it. Their faces show only immediate emotion; true passion, like predators. I cannot fathom either approaches, for I am too accustomed to my fellow purebloods, newly hatched.

Untrained faces, showing no emotion but rage. This is what I am moulded from, and it will be my undoing among warmbloods. I must adapt.

Irertaux

Re: Hatchling

Post by Irertaux » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:17 am

Why are humans such delicious treats? I know myself to be an oddity to them, and perhaps I play up my peculiarities when I'm around them, but... It gives me pause. Not all of them will be so tolerantly curious. I cannot keep toying around with them like this, nor make myself obvious to them, so as to stroke my ego.

Adaptation.