It's About Time

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Waddles
Location: Somewhere west of the prime meridian. Or east if you enjoy the scenic route.

It's About Time

Post by Waddles » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:20 pm

First Letter Home

Dear, well, everybody.

It's Nel. Hi. Been a while huh?

I've been told to keep the apologies to a minimum so I'll get them out of the way. Sorry Pa for taking the spare coin set aside for my wedding. Sorry Ma for taking the spare linen. Sorry Ratch, Fern, Tok, Macha, and Teentiny for taking your big sis away to go adventuring. You'll understand some day. And, overall, sorry for scarpering off to catch a caravan without saying good bye.

Alright. Takes care of that.

I'm doing well; eating regular meals, sleeping in a warm bed, and staying out of trouble. I'm on the Isle of Arelith which is West off the mainland across the Trackless Sea. My old map should still be in our room. I run a Guild, sort of, called The Den. We help out folks coming to the island.

Got a partner, a couple of them, Rupert and Giogi Silveroak. They're elves but Giogi was raised by hin so he turned out right. As did his kid, Rupert. So if a Silveroak ever passes through Tammar expect a visit. It could be an elf, hin, half-orc, and who knows what else.

Look for the pin *a decent sketch of the Silveroak pin has been added.*

I don't have enough parchment to tell you half the stupid things Roo and I have gotten into. And sometimes barely out of. Adventure stuff. So don't expect a Hoarite or some harbinger of justice to knock on your door looking for me. Can't wait to tell you.

Other folks have come and gone as well. I'm still shy at heart so it's kind of passing hellos and checking up to see how they are doing. Or sneaking stuff into their favour. It's the quiet part of my life here and I'm getting used to it. I understand, now, how you two were content to settle down. Or, at least, I'm getting a better idea.

I'll tell you lot about all the folks I've met in the next letter which I promise to send before the year turns. Unless you don't want one. If so just send this letter back and I'll understand. I've put ten coppers and two silvers as to not tempt any would be thieves. I suspect the silvers will be gone because that's just how this sort of thing works. But don't worry. Take the coppers to a proper banker. It's got a surprise inside.

Love you all,

Nel Willoweep
Carpenter Extraordinary
We'll work on something together Pa

Ps. If this had found someone other than a Willoweep by accident than please ignore the last paragraph as the coins are all cursed. Cursed I tell you. Mwahaha. Seriously. Every egg you cook will be slightly chewy in an upsetting way. You have been warned! Owhhwhh!