Evereska no longer

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

SwordChucks

Evereska no longer

Post by SwordChucks » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Its cold. Its always cold here. Cold and wet.
I've been through 10 pair socks, 5 pair of pants, and at least 2 cloaks since I arrived.

I arrived only a week ago to this semi-lawless little bi-racial town and its been miserable. I've met a few kind faces but each day away from home just makes It hurt a bit more. The name of this town doesn't roll off the town either, it sounds vaguely human with a hint of Dwarven thrown in for good measure.

No Matter.

Its home now, and that's that. I shouldn't complain, being trapped in Evereska as a child certainly gave me a longing for travel and exploration. Joining the rebuilt Vale Guard gave me a chance to hone my rangers skills, but it was never enough. The elves of my homeland (especially the older ones) were distrusting of other races and people, not that I could blame them, hungry mages waging war for the power of a Mythal will do that.

This was never me though. My father was a tradesman, a carpenter sculpting the blue leaf trees into amazing works of art, and on occasion he would take me on his trade trips outside of the city. I met Dwarves, Halflings, so many differing peoples.. I didn't know Humans came in so much variety.. but most beautiful were the other forests of the world. Dangerous no doubt, but glorious and amazing. Creatures of terror and grandeur, vast wilderness blessed by the wild nature of Silvanus.

This brought me here. To a frozen little town, in a frozen part of the world, with my posterior frozen to a seat in this longhouse.
Lets see what happens next!
The gods made heavy metal, and they saw that It was good..
:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SwordChucks

Re: Evereska no longer

Post by SwordChucks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Continuing Journeys:

Its been a few months now, that I've called the small village of Skald home. I've gotten use to the cold much quicker then I thought. A few journeys out into the tundra will do that I suppose. You cant help but love how wild the land is. The animals are fierce and protective, they keep the town at bay.. The Forest Father is strong in those wild places, but equally the corruption that persists in the Kurgan and Ghostwood is disturbing.. and old curse that I doubt will ever be lifted.

Ive made a few allies, no one I would call close, but still, its nice to see a friendly face now and again. For a few moments I was captivated by a mayfly bard, before I realized she had taken in with a pompous warlock.. well what I now know to be a warlock. Thought he was ok at first.. but we had a mishap in combat where his .. little demon imp attacked both me and the bard.. he thought it was funny. I wont judge a man for his predilections, but I will for his callousness.. the last thing Skald needs is more anarchy..

Ive learned a few more things about carpentry from a fellow named Ashar.. Thayan I think, not a bad fellow. Given me some pointers on my fletching skills..
The gods made heavy metal, and they saw that It was good..
:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: