Make me a beast half as brave

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Royal Blood

Make me a beast half as brave

Post by Royal Blood » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

"Have I made a mistake?" I ask myself. I stand in the library of Myon surrounded by pillars paying homage to knights I never knew. Beyond those pillars are lines of statues honoring the royalty and Coronal's of Myon. Mine now stands amongst them, proud as ever in its stone form.

I reach forward to rest my hand on the statue. It doesn't represent just me. It represents everything I stood for. Everything those that stood with me believed in. I'm watching so much of that disappear. I lean forward, my forehead resting against the cold stone.
"I did what I had to."

My fingers caress across the rough form as an ache in my heart builds in the hope that those that trusted me do not feel betrayed. When I walked the path that was barren I bid them walk with me. I bid them kneel with me. To find peace in defeat. To understand that in defeat we would find victory.

I look up at my statue, I hear her words speak to me. In my heart I hear the words of war. To uproot that which I planted. My hands move to cover the mouth of my statue as I say to it. "We are finished here, love. The destiny of this place rests in the hands of others. May they not betray the sacrifice that gave them this power."

My eyes soften.

I remember the common tongue word for humiliation. The root of the word means soil or ground. So that when we are humiliated we are in effect returning to the ground of our being.

I know who I am. And in that I find solace. I step back from my statue returning it's imperialistic chin tilt mirroring the image that was crafted in my likeness. I turn away then, leaving behind that which I was to embrace that which I am.

Who has seen the Teu-Tel'quessir?
She went striding down the road pathed in dirt
Humble she knelt where the beasts did roam hungry.
Saying "Wait, we swear we'll love you more wholly, it is we that you are for only."

Who has seen the Teu-Tel'quessir,
Destined to be the one to blame,
To cease the hate that burned from the flame
Make me a beast half as brave, I'd be the same...

A spark of life for all that was,
The road of humility was clear. She could see the beasts come running
Saying "Wait, we swear we'll love you more wholly. It is we that you are for only."

Her crown rests upon the head of the beasts.
Her blood in their jowls.
For it was they that she was for only.

She was born to be the one we would know
But passed before I could say,
Lay here my love, your duty is done.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.