Cassius' Dreams

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tomato

Cassius Dreams

Post by Tomato » Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 am

I was reclined like a king on my fluffy Rothe cushion. It's bigger and heavier than I am and I love it.
Oka was there, on the carpet, and Tzu, sitting on the leather armor excuse for a cushion she sewed together, and Mire, on the silken shadow woven one.
They were hissing amongst themselves, trilling and making that hshssshs sound. They was so cute. Orange and ochre and blue. They're so damn warm and adorable.

Then I woke up, I was slumped like a king on my fluffy Rothe cushion. It's bigger and heavier than I am and I love it. The long legged exemplar Matron like a silken black widow with one of her daughters or nieces or whatever, and a really handsome blonde man I didn't know. Conspiring with wine on the couches. They were smiling, and I really didn't care if their smiles were smoke, I love it.
The Undergarden is growing. People come and not once was the peace broken.
It's so great.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of Saelynn

Post by Tomato » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 am

She looks amazing. She always looks amazing. I loved it more when she had those bloody runes on her face, but she's cute in formal blacks too.
"They're waiting for me to raise a toast in my honor." she waited, watching me. She's not gonna invite me, it's been too long, she forgot who I am. What I sacrificed for her. She doesn't trust me. Now that she has the book back, she'll..
"Do you want to join?"
I didn't care how stupid my crying looked, it's been so long since those were tears of joy. She's still my friend, I'm not alone.

She looks amazing. She always looks amazing. I loved her when she had leaves in her hair, next to that private fireplace we shared, when I lay on her lap and she played with my curls. She looks lovely in formal blacks too. I'm just not used to it.
"I heard too many Sharran words from you."
Here come the excuses.
"It's a public party, and I heard you're working with Gnolls. You appeared in too many of my reports lately."
And I remembered your promise to give a home if I stopped working necromancy. You never cared about that. This is a hollow excuse so you don't have to deal with your own hypocrisy.
"And you know what the public will think of someone like you..."
You promised to heal my fingers. They're still hurting.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of May'riina

Post by Tomato » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 am

We were sitting in the garden, of course, enjoying our beers. Well, I was sitting, maybe splayed, on the huge rothe pillow, she was perched with all the grace of a large bird of prey, glossy black and decked out with a year's worth of king's food in gold and silver and pearls. She's so pretty.
I could see she wanted to impress me, too, I noticed those subtle shifts of her head, so the chains and rings on her ears catch the light just so, the little ways she played with her hair, those hungry eyes glittering, the compliments. She really is an impressive drow. Her legs were so long, and that was before she even got up to dance and sway before me, spidersilk and beads pooling at her feet. She's so pretty.

"No, you see..."
She leaned in close, pointing at the exact place my mistake was at. Her hair smelled like vanilla and diamonds.
"The clock was considered an artifact too strong to fall into Illthid hands, so it was destroyed."
I placed a hand on my heart, to her, and bowed. A geture of thanks, since I had no words.
"And that's not how you spell my name."
She put her fingers on my own, and it didn't even seem like how weak they were disgusted her.
"Shri'isstra. Two S. It's all right. You're a surfacer, you can't be expected to know the intricacies of our names."

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of Lorelei

Post by Tomato » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm

My back was itching, and I scratched it.
It felt good.
I looked at the dead skin under my nails, and Lorelei was there.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of Isak

Post by Tomato » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 pm

It was pleasantly chilly with that faintest whiff of spores the houses around here always have, I was sprawled on those soft plushies Tenoch left behind, half-finished beer in hand. It wasn't good beer, but I never care about that sort of thing.
I was in my usual clothes, we both were. Isak was in those boring black and browns he always wears, the whiskey he just downed not helping lift his gloom.
He got up and walked to the bar to refill his glass. Maybe for the third time. He wasn't swaying like I thought he would.
I was feeling good. I guess I always do, since hearing that birdsong. This didn't really matter. Maybe I even kinda wanted it to matter, but it didn't.
And that felt good.
If any seer tells you he can see his own future, that's how you know he's a liar. You can't see your own, but there's a workaround. You can see yourself, reflected in other people's futures.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of his Mentors

Post by Tomato » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 pm

May'riina showed me her teeth. Ivory on red velvet. She's so much more gorgeous when she wants my opinion. My knowledge. My peer review. That burgeoning respect, hidden behind haughty eyes. I liked that. Her shoulder was as soft as I expected it to be. I want to rest my head on those silk covered thigh, and discuss the fundamentals of divination with her until her long smooth fingers teasing my curls tempt me to sleep. I wonder if she'll use such a chance to poison me.

Old Master Sjeckyik wasn't like Raudan at all, that dead man was just a good teacher.
Raudan put his arm over my shoulder, he leaned in close, and shared in his wisdom. He smelled like mummified flesh, but his voice was reassuring and what he used it to say was wise. He didn't judge my tears, he understood the mess I was in, and he cared enough to gift me this wisdom that comes with age. When I just met him, I called him a plowman, a simple fool. I'm not wrong often, but this time I am glad beyond relief at the magnitude of my mistake.

I don't think she's aware of it, but Lorelei shows a lot, even through her veil. It's in her energy. When her eyes are dark and unfocused, her hands open, she slouches a little, or leans against a wall like she can't support her own weight. She's a discarded paper whose owner didn't care enough to even crumple. She doesn't care, if she could lift her ennui enough she would speak a word and end the minds of every living thing in the room, or the world. It doesn't matter.
Sometimes, when she is trapped by the burning urge to know the flames lick at my skin. She leans forward, just a little, and observes. Really listens. When she's like this, I feel like she will remember every single breath, not a single beetle crawling in the corner of the next room over will escape her focus. She's so intense, like this. So heavy. Her skin turns into glass. Cold and hard. She transforms into a thousand works of art in faceted glory and embedded gems of unspeakably precious value.

Tebryn is a mystery, thus, I like him. Maybe I'll even demean myself to Xanalress or Undercommon for him.

Amadeo. I don't even have the words for that one. When he speaks, I feel like a simpleton. When he is done speaking with me, I feel infinitely smarter. I want to live in his pocket and listen to him always. It's so frustrating.
Last edited by Tomato on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of Emilio

Post by Tomato » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am

It was dark, and even though we were beside water I could hardly hear that cruel ripple.
It was moist, and warm. Stifling. The pleasant smell of spores and wet earth full of nutrients. Little weir lights were floating around the cave, reflecting off faerzess crystals.
He was squatting on one of the bigger dotted sullius, shadows were playing on his bare skin in stark relief. His bare toes digging into the dappled soft flesh as it supported his weight. Overgrown toenails full of fungi
He was enjoying a cheap local beer, the ruddy foam marking the bottled liquid's exact halfway point.
His green eyes were glowing through the gloom, locked on me as if he was preparing to pounce. his mouth open in a hungry grin. His teeth were bright white sharp points, the tongue's tip showing from between them like the petal of a soft, wine scented red rose.

Tomato

Cassius Dreams of Emilio

Post by Tomato » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm

His tail was swishing above the tall grass, wild mane of brown curls swaying as he sniffed around. He was hungry. Not for long. The black swans were nearby. At the pool, preening, scheming, plotting. Scarlet beaks searching their spidersilk feathers for juicy grubs.
Long claws digging into the ground. His paws were wet, but it'll soon be all worth it. He could see them now, circling in their stagnent little pond. The tall grass of the pond was enough to hide in.
Green eyes twitching with every moment, breath, and he pounced. His teeth closed on a graceful heck, a paw landed on the body, and the satisfying crunch of teeth on cartilage. The other birds scattered, abandoning the dying prey. Not wanting to be next. The lion will feast well tonight.