Letters to Tymora

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Zeskay

Letters to Tymora

Post by Zeskay » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm

The sun was bright, way too bright. Had it always been that way? She couldn’t remember. All she could think about was what had transpired only hours ago. She could still hear his words clearly and the disappointment and frustration they carried with them. They cut deep, and no conjuration in existence would be able to heal those wounds.

Miesha tilted her head back and closed her eyes. Mornings are the perfect time to pray to The Lady Who Smiles, but she couldn’t find the right words, so she decided to pull out her journal and write them instead.

Dear Lady Luck,

I admit I have been having a hard time seeing your Smile in my life as of late. If I had to pinpoint when this started, I would say it was when I was captured and subsequently lost my freedom. At first, I credited your sister with that turn of events, but as time went by, I was able to find your Smile shining through in the details.

Despite the adverse circumstances, I grew, thrived even, emboldened by your blessings and using the gifts you granted me to help others be bold and find their fortune. With time, I grew fond of the others who serve my Mistress. Even the original resentment I felt towards my captor shifted. I wouldn’t say I am fond of her, but I do respect her and do my best to try to aid her in the chase of her goals within my abilities.

One should be bold, for to be bold is to live, right? So just as things were falling into place, I took a risk.
*The ink pools here, denoting a large pause.* At first glance it didn’t seem like a large risk, but fate would prove otherwise. Through a very intricate chain of events, I was pushed away by those I had grown close to and cast out into yet another unfamiliar world. I hope that one day they can forgive me for my oversight; I never meant for any of this to affect them. I hold no ill will towards them, they felt betrayed and I do not fault them for that. I pray that you continue to Smile upon them for me, and that what we had built together can be salvaged.

Your sister’s doing or not, I'm sure I will find your Smile somewhere in this mess. I just ask for you to help me find it, because I’m honestly struggling right now.

As always, I put myself on the hands of fate and trust my own luck, and you, of course.

Your Troubled Servant,

Miesha

Sleep would certainly continue to elude her, so she just got up and stood on the road. It took her several minutes to decide in which direction to go.

Zeskay

Re: Letters to Tymora

Post by Zeskay » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 pm

She felt the darkness embrace her as she retreated into the Underdark. A sigh escaped her lips, no matter how long she had been down there, it always took a while for her eyes to adjust. The Hub was particularly quiet, which suited her just fine. She could feel she was spreading herself too thin and needed some time for herself.

Back in the comfort of her own little corner of Andunor, she relaxed. The lack of privacy wasn’t a big issue when your neighbors are hardly around. She built a fire under the cauldron, and plopped down on a pile of cushions while she waited for it to come up to temp.

Her thoughts were scattered, she needed to focus. She had to keep her eyes on the goal, but with her tendency to get involved and strive to help others she took several detours. The goal was still in sight, but she didn’t feel she was making significant progress.

The best solution for scattered thoughts, was to write them down. Reaching into her bag, she searched for her journal, which she propped open before her.

“Dear Tymora,

I can feel your smile shine on me, even down here, and it means so much to me. I know I struggled to find it in the past, but my confidence in you never waivers even when faced with misfortune. It’s just a matter of time till I see your smile peeking through, and that brings me peace.

I know you encourage us to be bold, but I’m finding it difficult to find the line between being bold and being reckless. An extremely delicate line in a place like this. Then again, the most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success, so it’s not exactly a deterrent.

Circumstances don’t define me. My path is full of obstacles and detours, but I always appreciated a challenge. I hope you continue to aid me in the chase of my goals, because I’m not going to stop tempting fate as I push towards them. It’s an in intricate and dangerous dance, but you have taught me that it is risk worth taking if we are to succeed.

Please continue to smile upon the Tribe and their ambitious endeavors, and all the others who have touched my life and made it better. You know who they are.

Your faithful servant,

Miesha"

Once the cauldron started boiling, she slipped her journal back into her bag and tried to decide what type of concoction to work on.