Echoes

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

ColorMeLucky

Echoes

Post by ColorMeLucky » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:53 am

It's a colder night than normal in the darkness of Castle Gloom's halls, a mysterious mist settling over it's environment and pervading through the dim, muting the torchlight that flickered like soft wisps of golden oil leaking to the surface of a clear lake. The Lord of Castle Gloom sits against the wall in contemplation of his duty, of his care and his charge, of the mess in his mind and his heart as the cell he is guarding is silent. A ward on the door, gentle but glowing a distinct white, is keeping the room within warmer just a slight, to make it manageable for the prisoner; Rachel M'haaren. Her fate was very much in the hands of Mach and Sylrie, more than ever.

A voice comes, possibly from no-one, possibly from everyone. The steel grey eyes light up silver as he scans his environs and finds he is alone, yet something pricks at the back of his mind.
"If you're here to kill me, y'better do a good job." a scoff from the lips, but the silence resumes once more, and despite the glow of the eyes now fading, Mach slowly rises to his feet and rests a hand on Ylariel's Blessing; a blade he'd forged in these very halls, and even now hummed with magical energy.

"She doesn't deserve mercy," one breath whispers in his ear, forcing the man to draw a blade and golden energy rips bright to light the glum mist. Yet, nothing reveals itself.
"She deserves to suffer," another called, feminine and dark, "Let her screams echo for vengeance...!" Mach heard; it sounded like Alexa Domana. Mach shakes his head and narrows his eyes and a huff of sound rushes as he lets out a grunt of frustration.
"She deserves to be punished. She deserves to suffer the Abyss, send her to the darkness, she threw away the light!" a voice like Aliel's calls now, and for a flicker, Aliel's form appears in the mist, kneeling as a woman holds blades over. A wince twists Mach's expression, as it shifts and fades again, like a ghost.

"... So we're doing this dance?" The silver eyed man asked, his expression is grim and set against fading lights, as an accusation comes once more, flying out.
"You are weak! She deserves coldest of justice!" a voice not unlike Cedric's shoots out, and Mach just sheathes the blade now and shakes his head.
"Sorry, 'm a sucker for brunettes," he answers with a brave self-amusement as he looks about. Finally he sees it; a shade perhaps, standing his height, with an unmistakable sword.
"You want to condemn me instead?" a brisk question, the shadow's blade draws, and the Endeavor he made runs him through as he closes his eyes. A flash of light, but then nothing, and Mach just opens his eyes and the phantasm is still standing in it's place before it had attacked, as if never had it given an inch.
"She will strike you. She will betray you. Just like all the others. You will be alone," the voice echoes, Mach's own unmistakable to him now. The clank of armor and clatter echo with the very unimpressed stance Mach takes; his tone now is exasperation. A standard bravado, but being so tired, a bit thirsty and maybe even hungry, apparently a tolerance level had been breached.
"No, I don't think I can ever be alone anymore. I have too many memories to be alone. Rami's always watching. Waiting. And even though I'm not really fully convinced, I do what I want."

Nothing but silence echoed after, and Mach gave a frustrated grunt. "Everyone deserves a chance when they prove they are capable of love" he muttered casually, and then chuckles in spite of it, "Gods above that was cliche. Bleh, I need more sleep."

Mach steps through the shade as it falls to pieces and he rests in the chair by the corner with a tired grunt. Tears fall down his face after a small time and he just shakes his head and wipes them away, sniffling a slight,
"Rachel needs this. Sylrie needs this. I have to be stronger," he scolds himself of the doubts, and shakes his head, "I have to do what is right. The plan will work," With this self-affirmation, he drifts to sleep on the wooden chair.
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin