Cerise Angelhunter's Notebook

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Cerise Angelhunter's Notebook

Post by Zaravella » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:08 pm

I've arrived and finally made my way to the Arcane Tower. It has been a long journey but here I am. I've penned my letter to the Archmages, so that I may be assigned a mentor. I am afraid that my self-study of the magical arts may turn into my own demise. I know not of the power of the weave.... yet. I know, that I know only a minute portion of it... But, to my delight, I am now able to summon a boar and a panther. Both of which are tame but how can I really know for sure that my magic's hold will... hold. I do not want to be their dinner. Hence my seeking help here at the tower.

Here is a copy of the letter I posted, for record keeping's sake:

Good day,

My name is Cerise Angelhunter, and I have just arrived in the isles. I was told that the Arcane Tower is where I can commune with fellow students of the magical arts. I am a diligent and dedicated student seeking a teacher, or teachers, who will guide me through my journey in learning the mysteries of the weave. I have not decided yet on which Spell Schools to focus on and I would like a preliminary introduction on all of them.

Currently, through self study I am able to cast spells up to the Second Level Circle, and I am able to summon a boar, and my familiar protector is a Panther. They both helped me find my way up here and fight through the goblins, hobgoblins, and dire badgers along the road. I believe I shall be staying here a while at the foyer reading some of your posted rules and some books I could find to start my familiarization with the protocols of this magnificent place. I am honored to be here. And I await your reply.

Sincerely Yours,
Cerise Angelhunter

"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Cerise Angelhunter's Notebook

Post by Zaravella » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Officially got accepted into The Arcane Tower as an apprentice. That was about a Sennight ago. Been doing some studying and finally learned the third circle of spells.

Met many people... but one friend who stuck to me is an elf named Celdur Imytholen. He has also been accepted into the Tower as an apprentice. We are both wizards. And I guess we understand each other. I am glad to have a friend here. Been a while travelling from Kozakura and I think I will stay here a while.

I met a couple of powerful magic users at the Arcane Tower Foyer two Sennights ago. My suspicions are confirmed. There is an access into the Underdark and Lowerdark in these isles. Hence, this makes this place a bit too dangerous for my liking. But there seem to be powerful citizens on the land... like this handsome mage I met.. an Enchanter. He is married though. What a lucky woman...

But that is frivolous. All frivolous and nonsense human tendencies.... My service to Mystra should be first and foremost in my life.

Have started Magical Defense lessons with Master Fiddock Cassey. That was exhausting. It drained me but it was very beneficial. Mostly because I am now more comfortable casting the Darkness spell. I have long been trying to avoid it. Darkness is something I fear of in my life.

"Walk in light" they often say as a greeting. I take that to heart I think, too much. I do fear the darkness... I wish to never walk in it but if I have to, at least now I know how to, without loosing my way.

More sleep tonight. I must prepare for the next lesson... I will need a good rest.

"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Cerise Angelhunter's Notebook

Post by Zaravella » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:54 am

Language lecture tonight. Archmage Starlock taught us Abyssal. I can understand a few words now... and can read some. I wish to practice the language more.

I have gained more spells under my belt so to speak. I can now cast spells up to the fourth circle and I am on my way to learning the fifth. I can feel perhaps I am very close in managing it...

Agent Paxton of the Trackless Sea Adventuring Company has been employing me and Celdur into doing these mundane tasks all around Cordor. It became a bit easy so today earlier before the language lesson, we went to the Blood Moon Orc caves and decided to do that advanced writ - just what Master Cassey had suggested.

It was challenging at first. Celdur fell unconscious - he was probably exhausted from casting so many spells. I had to be careful to manage my energy and control the flow of my magic so i can maximize all the damage I dealt. I am learning how to use the cloak of darkness in battle - it is truly effective as what Master Cassey had taught me.

I was able to pull Celdur into the safety of the shrine further down the road in order to rest and recuperate. I am somewhat proud that I did this. And I am equally worried - that maybe, my friend is not ready yet for the adventures I am dragging him into. This just gave me more motivation to learn further, higher, in the hierarchy of the weave.

We were successful. Eventhough we only finished half of what was required in the writ. We decided it is wiser to turn back and return to the Tower and go back another day, than going in further to fight the leader of the Blood Moon Orcs.

Afterall, we have acquired what we truly wanted - books and many scrolls to study! Master Cassey had told us of a library that these orcs kept - and we have found it to our glee! I have acquired "The Legend of The World-Shaper" - and I can now summon a prismatic dragonling.

Must sleep... it has been a long day.
-Honore de Balzac-