Letters to Evermeet

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

flower

Letters to Evermeet

Post by flower » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 am

Dear father,

after few years I write you, to ensure you I am still alive and in one piece, but you already know that? I know our patriarch tracks house members with his magic regularly. Now, you want answers. Yes, i am not with forces at Myth Drannor, as you ordered me. And no, I did not deliver those two millions I had been collecting from your partners in cities on mainland.

I must confess in my eagerness I ignored your warnings and instead of land route took it by sea. Sadly, the crew i paid....lets say it was bad choice ending with ship sinking along with all gold I travelled with. I would continue my way to the army seizing Myth Drannor but circumstances came up. First, I was called upon by Corellon, who chose me. Second, i decided to stay and help to locals.

I supported certain woman called Clea. Together we challenged myonian leadership. I can wrong them but former ruler seemed overly passive, uncaring for city buisness. On top, she had been agressive in approach to people, unpolite. Such demeanor transfered to the city as whole.
I spent nearly whole year talking to kin and asking their feelings upon Myon, what bothers them, what they would wish for. And by random i run into Clea, finding out she has same agenda. So i became her supporter.

The day of challenge came. We stood up for better Myon. By all gods, if you have seen it, father! I stood two hours side by side my lady, defending her from commander, but he, least for a time, stayed polite and discussion was reasonable. Then appeared his wife, and my lady became constantly bickered and attacked verbally, directly or undirectly. This tantrum just reinforced her support. My lady was frustrated up to the point, where shared with me her worries she would need to exile both. I refused and reminded her, that this is not what we stand for, and if they cause problems, council, not her, should attend it.

After we won, I took some days ensuring we stop talking about them in negative manner. I suceed but I need to confess, when i want to put pressure when talking to someone about his behavior, I often use lady Arion as an example. Oh, I forgot to mention, their family left city right in the middle of challenge, and former coronal disappeared as well.

Before goverment was formed, I served as her advisor. I appraised her choice of mister Yeto as councilor, and also the others. To find a commander of local forces was harder task and she suceed in it after two months nearly. Now we got working goverment, and I am pleased they manage to run city succesfully. We restored friendship with dwarves, streets are now often visited, those assaulting her were hunted already and all looks on the best way for prosperour city.

Myself, was named a Judge. Her reasoning was, how calm i stayed under verbal assaults, and kept cold thinking. But now, our coronal runs into issues i am still calm and cold even when passing my decisions. From the start i knew, it will make me very unpopular person. If you decide one way there are always people wishing it the other. Now, they think i am too soft in my judgments...but I come from many different angles to evaluate person. But about this, i will write next time.

Corellon bless your trade, and martial arts of my brothers, fighting at Myth Drannor.

W.S.