South of North

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Germain

South of North

Post by Germain » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Between the Two

The oak tiller had a smell about it. The distinct odor of time; a mixture of the sea and salt air, the rough hands of those that wrestled it in the past, and the wood itself. It occurred to me I had never noticed the smell before.

Father had always said the tiller had a mind of it's own. "To fight against it is to fight the sea... and the sea isn't going anywhere, Edala". His form of wisdom and advice came from experience; the scars upon his weathered hands and face to support the reasoning in his words. Perhaps it was why, in that moment, I thought of him the most.

Breathing was difficult, as the oak tiller and I became better acquainted. The weathered oak pushed against my windpipe as I attempted to push back; to no avail. There it pinned me in a state between ship and sea, as the violent storms tore the longship asunder. The cries and screams, from the rest of the crew, were not lost upon me. Try as I may, I could not muster enough breath to resonate my own call for aid above the crashing waves and thunder.

How I envied them.
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

Germain

Re: South of North

Post by Germain » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Grim Distinction

Her hair was pretty. I'll give her that.

Otherwise, Helka was a smug and petty girl in my opinion. She was said to have been from one of the tribes, near to the Wall. As such, her strawberry blonde locks stood out among the other Untaken; as we were largely raven haired girls from around the City of Sails. Fair skinned with hazel eyes and a tad taller then the rest, she had the penchant of reminding us that we were 'southerners'. Her voice often dripped with disdain for us; the swagger in her step a visual reminder that she thought herself above the rest.

I wonder how much time she spent tending to that hair.

As the sea waters receded in the room, those lovely strawberry blonde locks flowed outwards towards the drains as they swirled to and fro in the waters. Cast against the backdrop of the black marble floor, her hair and fair skin stood out in stark contrast. Though her hazel eyes, now rolled back in her head, were a sure sign that she was dead.

The Dread Lady of Fury, looked down upon the bloating corpse of Helka and shook her head in disappointment and disgust. "This one shall remain Untaken - for she is found wanting. May her wretched corpse be given to the sea and serve to feed the Bitch Queen's domain. For she is... was... unworthy of Umberlee's mercy."

"Praise be to Umberlee, Queen of the Depths." The Untaken chanted in unison and without hesitation.

Her hair was pretty. I'll give her that.
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan