Excerpts from a One-Eyed Journal

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

WanderingPoet

Excerpts from a One-Eyed Journal

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:07 pm

AR135-03-15
First Entry

Mentor suggested I started writing a journal. He hasn't said why, but he wants me to build the habit, so here I go. I have no idea what to write though. He taught me to read, to write, I guess I can put it to good use.

The forest is warm? A bear sniffed me today but left me be. A bug crawled into my hair and it took an hour to get it out.

...We have no cheese.

*a small doodle of a bear with a big snout*
AR138-05-12

He now told me why he wanted me to build this habit, it'll help keep myself attuned with my birthform, makes sense. He is teaching me how to shift! I hope I can become as big of a bear as he can, although he says that he is a lot more experienced.

My first attempts didn't go well, he laughed at me and then laughed more when I looked like a tomato.

One of my goggles broke today, will fix it tomorrow. Weather is cold for this time of year.

...Still no cheese.

*a small doodle of his goggles and the multiple lenses in place for when he wants to do detail work*
AR139-07-05

Mentor is dead.

I'm hunted. I must flee.
AR139-08-09
Amn again. I grew up here, but my gang is dead. I'm unwelcome here, I need to leave.

I'm still hunted.

The Vainglorious leaves at first light, I will stowaboard and disappear from the world for a time.

*a small doodle of a box full of magical items and a hin-sized carve-out*