Journal of a Maiden

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bryce Silver-Wind

Journal of a Maiden

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm not sure why I keep this journal, perhaps a way of looking back on my progresses, and my failures and growing from them further? Hopefully in the future this can help others more then just myself too.

As I sit here writing, I watch lil Harvey coo and giggle in his crib, hes fed and changed, burped and clothed. Hes such a little sweetheart and will be a heart breaker like his father when hes older. I love tending this little one, and the factor I am actually even allowed to. Before this I had never handled a human baby before and I never actually expected the chance to. I felt my heart melt when he was first placed in my arms. I already adore him and cannot thank Harvey enough for the chance to hold and care for him.

Harvey, the father is an interesting soul. So kind and passionate and gentle, giving and loving, yet his heart aches, filled with self doubt and denial of his own skills. He sees himself as less then what he is, unused to compliments or any real self esteem or worth. I will need to help him, for all he has done for me, I cannot let him stay in that state, hes so taken back and off guard by every compliment I give him, its heartbreaking to know he doesn't see the truth of his soul and heart. I have started to guide him to Eilistraee, he doesn't hold much faith in "The Finder" as he calls it and perhaps thats because there is no reason to find that connection, but he has shown much interest in the Dancer. Perhaps I can sway his interest to her and help him slowly build up a connection with her. Give him a reason to find faith.

Elysia, the mother is another of interest, she is very paranoid about me though. Understandably though repeating the same explanations day in and day out is very tiring and sometimes I wish people would find new questions, but I humor her and have agreed to try and answer anything I could to make her adjustment to me easier. Shes very pretty and I can see why Harvey likes her, and where lil Harvey gets his charm and good looks from. Hopefully I can get her to lower her guard with me and actually try and join me as a friend. I do need to learn more about her though, as I really don't know much. Hopefully soon we will be able to sit and talk more. She was fairly tired when I got to meet her.

Ameniel, a friendly elf with a warm heart, she was very protective of Bendir when I first met her, but the second time at the cabin she was much more friendly and open to speaking with me. She asked me the typical questions and I think I helped disarm her worries when I tossed my weapon away from me, to show no hostility. We spent nearly a full day talking at length before she said she may be able to help me in time. She was the first elf to actually truly give me a chance to prove I am more then the color of my skin and the connection to my much darker kin. I cannot help but appreciate it. Hopefully I can live up to her expectations of me.

Shera, a woman that I met when I approached Darrowdeep to try and join when their sign said all races welcome, admittedly they didn't know I was a drow when I entered their gates or I likely would never have made it. Inside the gates and sitting, Sir Eirik joined us and I revealed myself for what I truly was. They were both taken back and Shera was very hostile at first, though Sir Eirik held her at bay and asked my true intentions. I explained myself to him and why I had come. Though he told me that Brog would never tolerate my presence in the Keep, especially since they owned it. He gave me some names to look into, to try and help my cause and bid me good luck. Which was when Shera said she would come as she wanted to hear more. We went past the Campsite to a small hidden alcove and spent many more hours talking, I answered all her questions as best I could and told her I understood her anger. She asked why I had willingly followed her, given her prior hostility. My answer to her was simple, if I am to ask you to trust me, I must be willing to trust you, it is not a one way street. She seemed to approve that answer and showed me a safe place to hide during the day that I will not put within these pages for my sake incase someone finds this book. She still tells people we are not friends, but I think we are getting closer with each meeting.

Anuia, another of Darrowdeep though much more willing to speak with me and give me the chance, even if the Knight nearby wasn't. I hope to speak with her a lot more in detail as she was willing to hear me out, but unable to get much time away with me. She seemed to know a lot about the Dancer and showed a keen interest in me and in my training. Hopefully I will get to see her again soon.

Eirik, One of the leaders of Darrowdeep and the first person I reached out to from their group. He really does seem the decent sort and has stepped in to assist me a few times though he is limited due to his station and his alliances on what he can actually do for me. I don't fault him that. I am grateful for everything he has done for me, be it guiding me in names, verifying such for me, tending to my wounds and even leaving me some supplies. He has been very kind and I think he really does want me to succeed, but he cannot be a direct part of it. It is something "I" have to do. Maybe one day this will change and we can be friends more. Though patience is a virtue.

Veigal Finn, a very strange human that I have had very strange interactions with. The first time I met the man, he cried as he cut me down, he could only see the darkness of my skin and the evil of my race. Yet I felt sadder for him then I was angry. This man acted in pain. I was surprised when I woke up in Anundor, with Saslae and another male named Jhaamdath standing beside her, with Veigal's body in hand. They had cut him down on the surface and "rescued" me in the process. When they raised him the male identified Veigal as a male from a battlefield skirmish in Minmir and were arranging a ransom for his return, though I knew by their hand signals and xanalress, this man was in for a world of pain and suffering. I couldn't permit that, the Dancer would never forgive me turning my back on him. When able, I slipped him a lens hoping he would get the drift, and he did and vanished on them. Unfortunately for me, Saslae and the male caught on quickly that I had freed him and soon turned on me. They know who and what I am now, that I follow the dancer. I escaped but not without great pain. As well as several well placed lies about a Priestess of Eilistraee I was supposed to meet. Since I couldn't risk betraying anyone else. Thankfully soon after I escaped, I learned Veigal was alright and safe, a bit shaken from the experience, but hopefully it has shed some light on the fact I am not like the Lolthites he feared me to be.

There is infact a priest of my faith on this isle, though he is apparently very timid and nervous to meet with anyone he doesn't know. Reaching out to him even at Ievos advisement has been impossible as of yet. I have made contact via speedy, but he has for the time refused to meet with me. I must say I have never known our clergy to be paranoid to meet someone, but I do not know their story. Hopefully a connection can be made very soon. If not I am unsure how to even proceed with this. So many depend on his word for my future, yet he cannot be reached. Only that he claims I will be watched, how can he watch me if he has never met me?