The Rambling Notebook

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

msterswrdsmn

The Rambling Notebook

Post by msterswrdsmn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:59 pm

OOC warning: Sei is a Chaotic, High INT-LOW WIS 0 self-control character. You have been warned!

Entry One
Hello book. I'm Sei! I finally got around to getting this journal put together. Drunk-me keeps forgetting things, and it was mentioned I need to write stuff down so I remember it. I mean, I guess? I remember things just fine! Mostly. Sometimes. When I don't drink.

Okay, so I probably needed this. Whatever. Its been about a month or two since me an' Tera got sucked off of Skal. Kinda miss it, really. Okay, I don't miss watching people eat bodies in the town square (I wonder if my painting is still there?). I think everyone is on the mainland now, though. Tera (obviously; same magic sinkhole!), Very, Blue, X, Stalking Elf, Keelin, and Blade-Dancing-Elf-Person (S something?) are all here. I even saw Porkules and Tamoris the other day! Oh, and Mach. Mach is here too. Still trying to figure that one out.

Sidenote: That elf family is huge. Keep forgetting whose is an' who isn't a part o' that clan.

Shop is doing good! I'm offically "rich" now. Didn't expect it, but i'm not complaining! Scroll cases sell really well. Even better when you undercut the hell out of everyone else (seriously, 7000 for a scroll case? Bloody hells, they're easy to make!). I do miss the guy that had it before hand. I have yet to find a single person that makes throwing knives without having to put an order in for 'em.

Magic training isn't going too well. Casting burning hands at my cleaver just scourched the metal. Its gonna take a day to buff that out. Maybe Ice Dagger? I should totally try Ice dagger. Its already in a blade form, so why not? It should totally work! Maybe I need to polish the blade first? Oh! First I should deconstruct the spells incanation an' figure out which parts can be directly applied to a weapon!

Gabby an' me came up with theory on how the mind-eating statue works. Its pretty much a permanent phantasm that reacts to the viewers subconcious thoughts. Its shape-shifting (?) is pretty much a passive reaction to a persons subconcious perception of self. The brain-whispers it does is also drawing from the darker recesses of the subconcious; ironically, the harder people try to prove their "theories" about the statue, the more the statue will play along with it, based on their subconcious desires, making the "true cause" harder to seperate from whatever subconcious self-fulfilling prophecy is going on. Probably helps I've never seen the thing.

Assuming we're right. It also gave me an idea for a new painting! I just need a few phantasm killer scrolls so I can start copying the non-malicous elements out of it. And putting it in a painting. I think i'm gonna title this one "Your Mother".

msterswrdsmn

Re: The Rambling Notebook

Post by msterswrdsmn » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Entry 2

Ice dagger did not work on my blade. All it did was make it fly across the room and out the window! Whoops

Unrelated note: Rest in Peace, random squirrel family, whom were taken from us in what can only be described as an act of the Gods as a heavy slab of sharpened metal fell from the sky and into their nest. Why the Gods would do such a cruel thing, only Ao can know, and absolutely not the guy in the inn room next to the completely innocent bystander Sei.

Note; It takes about half a day to regrow my insides (carved out courtesy of the Talassian horde). Hurts like hell. Tried getting drunk to numb the pain. Went down the hatch and right through the hole in my stomach. Burned like hell. Would not recommend trying again.
(sidenote; still feel pain)

Need more paint for paintings ("Your Mother" and "The Great Election of Cordor" on hold) and the mural ("Rainbow Sugarland"). Need some additional tools for the Mural to speed up the painting process.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Entry 3

I'm an apprentice now! Mage apprentice, specifically. I guess it was worth the effort to carry around that ratty old spell tome after I got expelled from that school. I have to write a thesis now. Not sure on what, though. I already wrote one on how to steal stuff. It didn't go well. I already started one on regeneration, but thats not really magic-ey enough, maybe?

That Mirabelle woman and that Kera hin did give me the idea to specialize in sound magic, though. I think I can use more sound related magic than either divine or traditional arcane masters can. So yeah, thats something to think on, maybe. I'm not sure how to really expand on "I MAKE LOUD NOISES WOW!". Maybe I should bug the druids first. I heard bats can use sound. Maybe I should actually I dunno. Research my research instead of just making stuff up and BSing it.

Speaking of BS. Kera said i can't imbue. Something about too set in my ways and not being able to learn new techniques. Meh. Oh well. Imbuing is overrated, anyhow. We also found a growth that may or may not interfere with learning new magic. And making me part troll. Weird. I'd pick at it, but apparently its in a spot that'll leave me paralyzed if things go wrong. So. Golem exoskeleton first before picking.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:01 am

Entry 4

Wow. I forgot I had this thing. I guess its time for an update, huh?

Still with the Arcane Tower. I think they call me a mage, even though I can actually do mage things. Wierd, huh? I mean, i'm not carrying around that boring old tome anymore, so it should be pretty obvious? I have more knives than magical gear on me!

Speaking of gear; Astra made me some really nice things! I really need to figure some way to thank her for all this stuff. Maybe some nice artwork for the tower or something? I haven't done a lot of painting yet except for the training paintings I hung around Skal. And the torture painting. Yeah. Thats still at my house.

Thats right. I have a house now! No more sleeping in the gutters behind the bar in Greyhammer! Granted, its in the desert and its a toss up as to whether or not a pirate, drow, or slaver is wandering at my doorstep, but its nice, once you get past the desert heat and crazy people on the island. I also have a roommate! Tua! We have a wierd relationship like that. Best work partner ever! The borderline-servitude thing wierds me out. A lot. And makes me uncomfortable. But other than that we're great! Only best friends kill slavers and creeps together then drink themselves into oblivion! (Tua's record is something like 18 bottles of wine). Turns out working independantly with a partner is 1000000000 times better than working with a group like I did with the Frostblades. I think that was killing me on the inside. For several reasons.

On a related note, I need to talk to the Starglows about borrowing Doves door-knocking knuckles.

Sad note; lots of friends died or disappeared in a years time.
-Sedilla- Went crazy, snapped, went on a murderspree. Was able to honor her last request, but couldn't do anything to save her at that point. Sad.
-Stalking Elf- Dead in combat; killed by Underdark Ogre defending the Lye. I miss being poked.
-Freja- Some sort of epic showdown in Cordor? Missed it. Good-bye, voice of reason in Cordor~
-Rhud, Tara, and Krathos have left the island to rest and/or to move on to better things.
-Ned hates me for doing my job. Screw it, i'm not changing!