The Book of Grudges of Milbert Spanglenabber

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

wheat wharf

The Book of Grudges of Milbert Spanglenabber

Post by wheat wharf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Dear diary, I HATE Jerome Rottmanner.

I, the spectacular infiltrator and purveyor of secret and completely truthful information acquired through questionable means, Milbert of the GREAT House Spanglenabber of Lantan, SAY with property and grounded arguments that JEROME ROTTMANNER, the most despicable VILLAIN I've had the displeasure of meeting so far, SUCKS. Bear with me, good diary, and allow me to tell you the tale of this rascal.

He == oh how PREPOSTEROUS such accusations are! == said he would... and I won't lie here, this is my journal. No one but me will ever set eyes upon these words. == This is merely history recording! == As I was writing, Jerome said he would DENOUNCE me to the Cordorian Guard for stealing, for pickpocketing, an apple from his smelly backpack; he said I would sleep in a damp cell of the guard barracks with rats and cockroaches! Absurd, inconceivable! Bastard Jerome said, NO, he SHOUTED in front of the main gates of Cordor. EVERYONE heard it!

First, it wasn't an apple, it was a PEAR, and it sucked; tasted like sour grapes... and I hate those too. Oh, Jerome, Jerome, here is a Gnome that won't stand idle against your BLATANT lies and vile accusations. I know what you are up to, you devil!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I saw you telling that one fair knight of the Radiant Heart, inside the Nomad, about your intention of joining his order as a "FREELANCER" Paladin. Of course you won't join as a proper knight, I've seen you summoning a SKELETON in the Bramble to impress a Necromancer friend of yours. HAH! Your silver plate shines in the sun when its bright rays touch your armor, your red locks are well combed, and your voice is thundering, powerful, and commanding, but the true nature of your CHARISMA doesn't deceive me ... you are a BLACKGUARD, HAH! Good luck joining them, you bastard, Paladins will see through your rotten soul with divine magic... I think? Can they actually do that?

Despite being the single holder of this secret information, I won't tell the Radiant Knights about you, Rottmanner Jerome, no no. I hate Paladins more than I hate Blackguards, so count yourself lucky here, BOY. Do not cross me again, and your reputation shall remain intact.

Let me acknowledge first, good diary, that I just drank the whole content of a Clarity Potion, so I had an epiphany. What if Jerome didn't summon the skeleton, what if it was summoned by the Necromancer in black robes? I didn't see what happened after it, maybe he slayed both! It was night in the Bramble, too dark to see... Maybe I am wrong and he is right? Maybe I am being unfair with this diary entry? Maybe I should learn more about his point of view before writing these words? Well! The Clarity effects have just ran off, and I have no way of erasing the words I wrote in this paragraph, damned be me! Mental note never to drink Clarity Potions ever again, makes you write bullshitsis.

I hate the man regardless, he acted against me, he has my eternal hatred!

Jerome is a lucky one, indeed. See, no one but me will ever set eyes on this recently bought journal == the smell of new paper is so good! == so his reputation will remain as it is, and the Paladins of the Radiant Heart will remain ignorant of whatever EVIL PLAN Jerome Rottmanner has planned for them, otherwise they would act against him! But they know nothing of what I have written in this journal.

Now let me write about sour grapes...