The Journal of a New Dawn

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Shyntavin

Post by Shyntavin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 am

Day 1

I took the Ritual of Retraining today... it was incredibly painful...
I had so many things torn from my being... my very core...
Everything I'd worked towards... gone in an instant...
The pain was unbearable... I passed out.

I came to some time later... thanks to Elistraee's grace...
Or some more sinister influence... I can't tell... I'm not sure.

I awoke in the docks of Skaljard, wearing leather armour...
And a brain full of new knowledge... as though all of my training was...
Different... somehow... I could no longer remember how to punch as I once did...
But in its place, I was given knowledge of the blade, and the languages of the beasts...

This is a strange time... a strange time indeed...
I know not how often I will update this journal...
But I shall endeavor to do so as often as I am able.

**Beneath is a sketch of Twin Katanas, overlaid in an 'X' formation.**
"Hope rises like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams."

Shyntavin

Post by Shyntavin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Day 34

Over the course of the last month... things have become strange...
A small wild Hin named 'Tera' has made an appearance... she seems childish...
Mach also came to me... seeking someone to talk to regarding how lost he feels...
The chat... did not go well... from my point of view... Mach was angry... or upset.

I also learnt of Mach's story... it's oddly similar to my own... but in a much different place...
I did not rest well, overall... plagued by a night terror that's been recurring since the Ritual...

We also went for a few writs during this time... however... things did not go as planned...
Mach, fell in battle when we went to complete a writ...
He didn't answer my prayers... else... am I not being heard?

**Underneath the writing is a sketch of Sedilia, holding off several Minotaurs, carrying Mach's body.**

Shyntavin

Re: The Journal of a New Dawn

Post by Shyntavin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 am

Day 57

The last next to... month? Has been a wild ride... I'm amazed I have time to write...
A Necromancer appeared... along with a cult to the North of Skaljard, in a tower...
They seem to want Tera... Doe, Azalea and I among others refuse to let this happen...
Bounty hunters came to town... they made me consider killing them in cold blood...
I won't do that... I won't fall that far from my code... It's what makes me... me...
That... and my emotions... without them... I am... I am a puppet...

I was adopted by Doe and Azalea during this time... I call them Ma, and Aunty now...
Mach fell in battle again... this time on the way to the minotaurs... a Wyvern knocked him down...
Again... my prayers weren't heard by Elistraee... (Have I been forsaken...?)
It took Uncle's prayers both times... (Uncle is Mondalin... but he's called brother by Ma...)

After that... Mach sought me out to talk again... he's so close to breaking apart mentally...
I tried to tell him what he needed to do in order to stop this from happening...
He needs to focus on himself... I tried to tell him that... he's scared of letting go of his past...
I managed to make him go to the arena in order to release at least... some of his emotions...

After this... Uncle, Mach and I all made it successfully to the minotaurs... everything was going well...
Well until the fight with the Warlord... Uncle's pet Panther turned on him... and killed him almost instantly...
Mach was being beaten on... which left me to fight them all alone... it was... not something I am proud of...
It was a hard fight... which Mach and I barely won... I recovered uncle's body... we made our way back to town...

I ran straight to the altar and began praying to Elistraee... I was ignored yet again... Uncle wasn't brought back...
I lost hope at that moment... and began trying a prayer to another goddess... one I only know about because of a book I read...
I tried praying to Shar... though the words were foreign to me... they seemed to work... Uncle was brought back to life...
After a few moments of disbelief... I fell back against the nearby barrels... I was in shock... Have I been forsaken by Elistraee?

**On the page opposite this, there is a sketch of Sedilia praying at the Altar of the Furies... words scribbled around it consisting of
"Why have you forsaken me Elistraee? Did I not do a good enough job...? What more could you possibly want of me?"**

Shyntavin

Post by Shyntavin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 am

Day 76:

This last tenday has been so emotionally charged...
Though I slept through most of it... I feel sad, I miss out on the excitement...
Where do I begin...? I guess... with how I was told that there was apparently a giant near town...
I slept through that... If I could sigh on paper I would...

The next major thing that happened... the chains on the twin Katanas made for me by my lover broke...
They make such a beautiful melody when swung in tandem... many minotaurs, half-orcs and gnolls have already been felled...
The dance of blades is beautiful... and addicting... I think I know why I never used swords before...
I heard a strange voice in the back of my mind... but it was indistinct...

A couple of days passed... then I finally snapped... or lost my cool... with Zoey...
I attacked her in town, after months of tolerating her... it finally got too much...
I made sure her death was painful... it felt good to watch her die... I cut off her head to try to stop her coming back...
After that... barely a couple of hours... Tera accidentally summoned a Balor in town... most people died... me included...

I had a bad feeling about the surge Tera was going to have...
I tried to convince her to avoid doing it... but she persisted...
The fugue is a scary place... dull and lifeless... I don't like it there...
I could hear the voice in my head while I was there... it was a little clearer... but indistinct still...

I was brought back to some madwoman screaming she would kill Tera, and how Tera killed half the town...
She was warned, in front of the town, in the square... but persisted... I cut her down... the voice was happy...
I mulled on this for a number of hours... the song of the blades is so alluring... I want to hear it more...

I went to rest after this... when I awoke, Aliel was here... she told me to go to my room... and to run...
I ran... and almost kicked down the door, worried something was wrong... the door opened to reveal Shera...
I was stunned for a few moments... I hadn't expected to see her again on Skal after the letter she left me...
I ran up to her, and showered her in affection and love for many hours... we talked about things while we cuddled...

We trained as well... but Shera's too strong... she beats me... and Aliel easily...
Doing well isn't good enough... I need to get stronger... for my own sake... and those around me...
I don't care how I do it... but I need to get stronger...

**On the page opposite is a sketch of a warrioress wielding a greatsword with ease, smiling warmly**

Shyntavin

Post by Shyntavin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 am

Day 127:

Two months have basically passed since my last entry...
I have grown somewhat stronger... to a point...
The Shadowdancer Zoey killed me some time ago... I was brought back by the gods in Sibayad...
I spent some time there talking to one of my friends... she helped me through some tough times...
She also helped me realise some things about the gods... and how the one I had been serving wasn't... the right fit...

Hmm... what else should I write...?
I... renounced Elistraee the other day... it didn't hurt as much as I thought... but she's angry with me now...
At least I think she is... I never heard her voice anyway... only the song of battle... and that whispering in my mind...
It was soft at first... but it has grown in volume... yet is still indistinct...

The necromancer died... while I was in Sibayad... joy of joys... I missed yet ANOTHER major event regarding those close to me...
I am never around for the most important things in my friends lives... I feel so... useless...
But they're around for my night terrors... I saw the death of my only childhood friend in a dream...
Alexa was there and comforted me for it... I really like Alexa... she's a kind person...
I almost regret being unable to be more than friends with her... but I made a promise to Aliel...

That's enough negativity... I need to keep my chin up after all...
The biggest up-side to all of this is that Shera and I got engaged... I feel so happy about that...
I can't express it here, it's all too much for me... but I can't help but worry for her...
I haven't seen her since the days following that... Nor have I heard from her...

I know she's busy training hard so she can protect me... I wonder how Duncan is doing... Sarade too...?
I wonder how ALL of the people I've come to know are... I found out Tanar and Elrie are... together...
I'm happy for them... though I can't help but wonder... has Namlin found happiness... I need to find a diviner to scry her for me...
I've been trying for some time... but I've yet to find anyone... perhaps in the future... I might find someone?

**On the page opposite the writing, there is a detailed... sketch of a woman, similar in appearance to Sedilia herself, though the gear she wears is different... as is the hairstyle...**