Glace Canon: From Farmer to Fighter

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Glace Canon: From Farmer to Fighter

Post by Bashagain » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Long ago, on Arelith, there lived an Aasimar Paladin of Benwick named Erik Silverarms who gallivanted about the isle, smiting evil with cavalier attitude. The Paladin married an elven druidess named Leela, and had three children each named Lonan, Ardeen, and Hans. The children grew up, and departed the island in search of their own destiny.

Lonan, a Ranger, traveled east and adventured up and down Sword Coast until he settled in Cormyr, founding a family line that became closely tied to Purple Dragon Knights. From this line came Daltanius, a celibate Paladin who came to Arelith and began a quest for the lost relic — Sword of Benwick — to destroy the gate to Nine Hells beneath Benwick.

Hans, a Paladin like his father, traveled westward and sought his adventures on the Continent of Maztica, where he clashed against Helmites who were persecuting the indigenous people. From this line came Edward of Radiant Heart, who was drawn to the isle to carry on the Silverarms legacy when Daltanius left his paladinhood, celibacy, and Arelith behind for a calmer life in Tethyr after Sword of Benwick was found by those of his order.

Ardeen, the only daughter of Erik Silverarms, became a priestess of Mielikki, traveled to the Dalelands, and founded a community in The Vast. Unlike the warlike descendants of Lonan and Hans, Ardeen’s line burgeoned as farmers. Nevertheless, as Aasimar blood, though as thin as it had become, still flowed in the veins of Silverarms’ descendants, it was only a matter of time before Glace Canon was caught swinging his scythe wildly, pretending that the wheat he was harvesting were horde of devils and demons.

“Farm life is not for me.” Glace thought.
He was right. So, he left.
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Glace Canon: From Farmer to Fighter

Post by Bashagain » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:09 pm

“What’s on yer mind, son?” Wilfred asked Glace gently as they treaded down the worn path home from the wheat field next to one another.

The orange setting sun threw the last batch of its tangy rays into the eyes of the homeward father and son, reducing their gaze into squint while stretching their shadows to cover the dusty footprints behind them.

“Pop, you ever wish this road ain’t so well traveled?” Glace answered with a question of his own.

Evening breeze was still very warm. The tanned farmer gazed down on the ground and answered. “I ain’t got no time fer musin’ ‘bout dat, son... Harvestide be comin’ soon. But I knows you’ll be leaving after the busy season before the first snow.”

“You knew, pop?”

The sturdy farmer nodded silently in response.

“Was gonna tell you.”

Wilfred nodded again. “Take yer scythe wicha, Glace... I ain’t got no sword to give ya, and I knows you been swinging that thang since ya first stepped on da field.”

“Thanks pop...” There was a long pause in the conversation. Nothing was spoken, but much was understood between the father and son. When they came within the sight of their homestead, Glace could smell his mom’s pot roast cooking in the oven.

Glace turned his head to glance at this father’s unshaven tanned profile. “You’ll help me tell mama, right pop?”

Wilfred grunted in response. “She’ll be heartbroken, son.”

“I know pop... I know.”

Twighlight came, and first stars sparkled as the horizon’s orange glow slowly faded to black.
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

Hyrland D~Kaya

Re: Glace Canon: From Farmer to Fighter

Post by Hyrland D~Kaya » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:36 pm

After leaving the farm and his family behind, Glace traveled to Athkatla where he trained as a page at a Tormish Temple. The port city overwhelmed him, but also filled him with excitement. Unfamiliar dialects, fashion, and smell was like a splash from a bucket of ice water or a slap after a long nap. The sudden encounter with the cosmopolitan Amnish culture helped him quickly mature and better grasp the scope of the world in which he dwelt.

A year went by, and Glace became a squire. Another year had him take the solemn oath as an ordained paladin. Now, newly minted as a paladin, Glace decided that his service in Torm would be best carried out on the fabled distant shores of Arelith. With a determined heart, he sunk his meager fortune in securing a passage to the archipelago aboard a cargo ship named “La Vienne Rose.” The ship’s first mate, Mr. Laverton, with his rugged silver beard welcomed Glace aboard.

—-
The worn oak hull of the cog creaked and strained from the lashes of icy waves. The single mast holding the tattered square sail blew the ship far north, off course from the destined port of Cordor. There were casualties from the vicious winter squall. Both Mister Laverton, and the apprentice conn, Jamie were swept overboard and never seen again. When the sea had its full tossing the craft like a tike’s toy, flurry of snowflakes slowed, and shores of Skaljard appeared as if a savior of lost souls on the sea.

Hyrland D’Kaya/ Bashagain
Playing as Aerdrick Silverarms and Flynn Eldafire