Alexa Domana: Silver Guardian

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Blondie

Alexa Domana: Silver Guardian

Post by Blondie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:57 pm

In the ogre cave by Radiant Heart. The cave had never been a grand issue for Alexa. She would meander through and clear out parts of the cave with ease as her Water Elemental would handle most, but today…

“Milla, are you ready…? We um…have to go in here again. Someone said it needed clearing.
I suppose we will make make this rather quick then.”

*The aggressive Milla leads the way as Alexa follows in the nearly dark cave, just her light spell showing the way.
They get to a large intersection that seems oddly quiet*

“Milla, I do not recognize this direction. Did we make a wrong turn…? Um…”

*The Water elemental looks to Alexa and tilts its head a slight in response*

“Right, um…I suppose we can keep on, but I have a bad feeling…”

*The way forward takes them to another place which looks good for an ambush with tall wall partitions and rather large boulders that anyone could hide behind if really desired to.
Alexa looks around and swallows some air.
It is then there are several roars and sounds of banging blunt and sharp objects on stone.*

*So the ogres runs in mass numbers.
Alexa immediately spots at least 15 Ogres and squeaks in fear as they rush the elemental.
Alexa energizes her summon and goes for distance.
She blinds a series of foes with a spell and keeps moving around the vicinity of her Milla.
All seems to be going to plan when several others suddenly arrive from the direction they came.
It was an ambush.*

“Milla! MILLA!”

*The water elemental is swarmed and cutdown, bashed down, pushed about.
An axe removes the summon’s watery arm as her staff hits the ground.
A sword is buried in the armor.
And several axes deal away with the water being.
Alexa is grabbed by an Ogre and throws against a wall with such force.
Her vision is blurry and dazed and blood is coughed from her mouth.
Her bag is forgotten in her daze*

*Alexa begins to crawl away, but the giants block the doorway back and look on her.
The other set of giants block the other door way forward also.
She looks around in panic and backs to the corner of the area with fearful eyes.
She blasts a few with spells only for the rest to keep advancing.
Alexa’s eyes water as they approach and she screams at them in fear*

“Go away! P-Plesase. Please…I want to live!
W-why do you keep hurting people and we need to come and fight you! Why?!
Now…now I have…to die here? What do I do…?”

*The closest ogre draws his axe on the ground and lifts it slowly and roars*

“N-No! I want to live, Mystra. I-I want to live! MYSTRAAA!!!”

*Alexa concentrates on Mystra and suddenly a massive roar shakes the halls of the cave.
A breath of cold frosty air from the darkness is slightly illuminated by a shimmer of silver followed by teeth as a regal figure comes into view. A wave of icy wind slam into several ogres, freezing and obliterating them.*

*Her eyes widen as the Silver Dragon slowly comes into view. The dragon lashes a tail to launch several of the ogres like marbles, bouncing before a sudden stop where ever they land. Alexa squeaks as one crashes into a wall next to her.*

*The dragon fends off the remaining ogres with furiously. Axes swung and a claw deflects a blow, a tail launches an individual, a bite throws one into another, another claw deflects, and a sudden breath froze a few more.*

*Alexa watched the powerhouse rip through the ogres. Her mouth wide open as this Dragon defeated the rest of the room with little effort. Spells bouncing off its hide, weapons shattering on its armor and more. Once there was a moment of calm, the dragon’s eyes shift to her.*

*A shiver slid down Alexa’s spine as the dragon approached. She swallows some air and shuts an eye as if expecting her life to end there, but instead…nothing happened. She opens both her eyes and looks up at this being of magnificence. Her curiosity and wonder begged her to ask a question*

“D-D-Did Mystra…send you to m-me…?”

*The dragon simply nods and looks about once more before turning to leave.*

“W-Wait, please! Um…t-thank you!!! Thank you for…saving my life…”

*A stare is given for a moment, but then the creature walks back into the darkness of the cave where it vanishes. Alexa drops her head to the ground and breathes rapidly at the whole ordeal. Her heart racing and panic slowly finding its way to leave. With that, she goes to pick up her bag and uses a portal stone to leave the cave…*

*Back at home, when she thinks of the dragon, she can feel its energy in her thoughts. Was this Mystra’s summon for her to use? Was it a gift for her prayers and helping of the students who worship her adoringly? Regardless, it seemed the silver dragon was hers to call upon…*
"Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun."