The one who Nox.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Nox

The one who Nox.

Post by Nox » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 am

Gone Home. The Memory that Haunts.

The one known as Nox, a misnomer in and of itself. As he walks through the forest, it seemingly falls silent, even the birds cease as if some curse had been laid upon the land. Slowly, through the trees, a burned out wreakage of a small home comes into view.

As he takes a slow step into the husk that used to be the living room, he reaches up to lower the cowl that normally covers his face and lets out a small sigh as his silver hair trails down his back, "I am home." He speaks to no one in particular other than himself as he decides to look around and about at the dusty and destroyed chairs and couch, the cracked and seared fireplace, and the many books over the shelves.

Nox himself takes a small stroll over into what was the kitchen, where a familiar sight sits before him at the table. "Greetings once more...Mother" he speaks coldly to his mother. "How are you?" He hears come back to him which causes his features to shift as he blinks. "Who toys with me?..." he speaks loudly, shifting his arm to allow a sharp object to slide down from his sleeve and into his hand, readying himself for something that might be hostile.

A long moment of nothing but the wind happens before he lowers his guard and shakes his head, "Iam hearing things." he grumbles, letting a clawed hand slide across the table as he walks beside his mother. "And how are you? Well I presume. After all, you sleep...eternally" his voice dies down as his hand combs over his mother's shoulder. He gives it a small pat, causing the skeleton within the chair to slump.

"I returned as promised. I do not understand why I do, nor why I just decided to do such. I suppose it has something to do with me finding myself more." His gaze sweeps over the room and his mother's corpse, nothing but bones in a chair. "Why...Why did I return. I returned for no reason, there is no knowledge here. Nothing but memories...worthless memories"

Suddenly his face contorts to one of pain and anger, and lets out a wail as he lets his magic flow. Rain starts to pour and lightning cracks near him as he takes hold of the table and slams it against the wall, splintering it into stakes with a quick mumble of his words. "Their fault..." he groans between clenched teeth as he hears something hit the ground behind him, causing him to quickly spin around and sling a dagger from his robe, impaling something he did not expect.

A lone millipede had crawled up the wall behind him, watching him as he had gone slightly berserk. His visage instantly fades to an unknown emotion for him; regret and sorrow. He slowly walks over to the twitching and impaled millipede and pulls it free, holding it in his palm. His eyes close as a lone tear falls down his dead face, "Apologies...I did not mean for this to happen to you. I am sorry, little one." He closes his hand as the bug slowly fades into the afterlife.
With a flick of the wrist, he tosses the lifeless bug out into the woods and pulls his cowl up as he struts back into the living room,

"I am leaving" he calls out to the corpse within the kitchen. With a simple incantation and a wave of his hand, he vanishes into the now stormy night, putting his newfound pain and emotion, behind him.

Feel free to PM me anything you wish to let me know. If you liked it, hated it, want to see more, etc. I plan on working out some interesting tidbits as I think some people already have met and are slightly scared, confused, or otherwise by Nox. Even if you do not meet him ICly, you perhaps can know his plight OOCly. Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day.
I, am the one who Nox.