Goblin Journal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Petrifictus

Goblin Journal

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 am

I once found a nice cabin in Minmir. It was abandoned because the nearby giants but that would have been easy to fix. There was enough room to set up a workshop for my handyworks like art, furniture or toys, the giants offered good training for my Hin Fist and it was remote enough to give peace to my meditations. Sometimes people came to buy some of my works for gold, gems or skull coins.

It worked few months, it was perfect and I was happy.

Until the blight known as the Radiant Heart came. Their leader, Paladin Witch Sylrie Aelorothi invaded with her threats to submit me to their will, bend or die was all she offered. She tried to deny refuge from my kin who wanted to get away from Andunor and also live in the surface like hins. I tried to be cooperative and work things out with her as my former deity had taught me but it was no use.

I found my cabin in flames, my workstations and handyworks smashed and bashed, nothing was left for me to pick expect my pole of skull coins. Found three of Sylrie's lackeys who tried to end me but they were quickly beaten.

I follow the Laws of Karma. Be good to me and thus I be good to you, but be bad to me and I be bad to you. Favours need to be returned and grudges paid. Leave no good deed unrewared and bad unpunished. So those three were bad so I had to be bad, settle the grudge and punish them.

I kept wandering and training, selling small toys like dolls and tops until I found the small isle of Sibayad where my kind was allowed to walk in the surface. There was also a monk monastery held by Master Amadeo which offered refuge and some peace to train my martial arts. I also met some kind people like good Zaravella or Cedrik Montovan who helped me to get legal document from the Merchant's League, allowing me to rebuild my workshop and gain protection from the Radiant Hearts.

Once again I was happy and in peace, my workshop brougth lots of gold, gems and skull coins, and Sibayad became more alive thanks to me. I also worked to get my kin there to make a life.

But it did not last long. Soon Radiant Hearts and their "do-gooder" thugs came to whine after I had helped the Church of Bane to stop them from invading. They killed a drow in the street despite the law, cutting his face off and nailed it on the nearby message board. I too had my share as the Paladin Witch Sylrie lured me into a trap with a fake name, claiming to be potential customer.
She once again gave threats to me to submit to her will or die. I stood against her demands and in return Sylrie set me into flames while breaking the law.

Either by fear or bribes, the Merchant League forced me to move my workshop into the Oasis away from the town, which soon was burned down and suddenly Sibayad betrayed me, leaving me alone to the wolves despite all the good I had done for its people.

I picked up the remaining workstations and took my slave Felicia Dirtytoes with me back to Andunor where I took time to meditate. Soon I found the enlightment as the Church of Bane came in my hour of need, offering the retribution against the injustices of Radiant Arses, truths about the world and all what my heart had desired like peace, law and order. I'm still under their training to become one of them, but I already learned the martial arts of Black Hand which I've mixed with my Hins Fist, turning it into Black Hin Fist.

Once I'm complete, the Radiant Hearts and "do-gooders" will know the laws of Karma, and the will of Bane.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Petrifictus

Re: Goblin Journal

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

Law of Karma

The world is always bound with the cooperation and conflict.
Good and bad.
Favours and grudges
Rewards and punishments.

None of them can exist without the other.

I've always lived up with the law and I was named after it by the hermit.

When someone is good for me, I always be good for them, so I pay the favours and give rewards.
But when someone is bad to me, then I need to be bad for them, make them pay the grudges and punish them.

When someone keeps being good to you, then you've no reason to be bad to them.
When someone keeps being bad to to you, then you've no reason to be good to them.
Makes sense.

Few good examples would be with my slave, Felicia Dirtytoes. I beat and took her in as pupil and rival to improve my Black Hin Fist, and in the same time I would make her a service to improve her as well, while she work on my other given tasks. So I was good, did her a favour and rewarded her for the good duel.

She was bad to me for disrespecting with her lack of discipline and I had to practice on her pressure points to teach some.
But then she fled to the Radiants Hearts behind my back, my worst enemies and tried to take off the collar with hins. So I had to be bad, so she paid the grudge and was punished with the cost of her right leg and left hand. I did make her a new wooden leg and hand hook, and delivered her into the service of Bane, so she should be grateful for me being good.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 am

Abandoned cabin in Minmir lost.
Exiled from the Andunor for trying to remove filthy surfacers, Cyrics from the power.
The Church of Bane tricked and abandoned me.
My kind banned from the Sibayad with the threat of becoming slave or burned alive.
The Sandswept Monastery no longer feels safe to live in.

I smuggled myself to the cold Isle of Skal, where I can hopefully find some peace, be away from the past and start again once I'm forgotten. Still getting used to the cold snow and wind here, and with the lack of people I've started to talk with the dolls I made.
Also found a true faith in Hoar the Doombringer who fully supports my Laws of Karma after Bargrivyek and Bane left me.

Curse the Radiant Hearts, Banenites, Cyrics and their pets, slave Felicia Dirtytoes, other do- and no-gooders! I lost all because of them!
Once I had power and now I've nothing! Least I could do was to reveal few of Vance's secrets and the names of his agents to cripple him, hire assassins to bother Sylrie and Kerri but I never got my grudge paid!

For now all I can do is to train, meditate and practice my handyworks in the highest peak of the mountain.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 am

Sailed back from the Skal.
No longer exiled from the Andunor but filthy surfacer, Vance Gravelle made sure to keep me out from the Sharps once he became aware about my return. Even posted a bounty and blaming me about what happended in Sibayad. This is just one more sign that he's actually afraid of my full potential which mighty Sultan Ezra Murann saw in me. He at least had respect on me and knew not to take things granted like Vance does. Need to find more goblins and others ready to take down the trash from the throne.
All I need is to wait and have patience.

I started to work on rebuilding my workshop and plan get into the slave market, even bought the Drow Slaver's Handbook for good tips. Found out that Queen Spets' and Shaman Spits are still alive, which is good. Not a single word or sight about Jean, might have been killed after the Covenant got bad blood with the Cyric's Church I guess. Also met young clan adopted goblin Inqzz who started to call me "Papa," which is odd getting used to. But we goblins need to stick together if we're planning to survive.

My Black Hin Fist keeps evolving as I've felt a dark and terrible Ki, a surge of murderous intent all around me which is has made me extremely powerful than any ordinary goblin warrior. I feel all cold and negative, feeling suicidal desire to fight.
This must be the power which only the few monks can reach when connected to the outside planes.
No matter, it will serve me well against those who have done great injustice upon me like the Radiant Hearts.

Hoar has found them wanted and I will deliver them to him.