The deranged notes of Tamoris

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ninjimmy

The deranged notes of Tamoris

Post by Ninjimmy » Fri May 18, 2018 8:06 pm

I'm told this is a good way to organise my thoughts and quite a lot has happened since we left Waterdeep after the whole... well, let's not dwell on it. Also, if someone is reading this who is not myself (or Porkules or Varko or one of the various spirits who drops by to lend me a hand) please put the book down, you don't know where it's been.

Let's go over recent events, since coming to Skal, Ajax and I have gone on many missions for the Hovding in exchange for coin which Ajax spends obtaining materials to better arm ourselves and I spend on medical supplies to patch our broken bones. Jago and Elith have wandered off somewhere but I suspect they'll be back, we've recruited a psychotic monk called Lauric who has multiple collections of his own head which is a situation I still don't fully understand, and Donan has probably managed to sell himself into slavery by now. Porkules is in good spirits though, he found a sow in the north-east of town and has... well, nature's flower blooms. He's still somewhat of an arsehole but he's also my best and truest friend.

I've met a fellow from Kara-Tur looking to scout other lands in the realms (he should head to Zakhara, we have more interesting animals). I've also met the most lawful person on the face of Faerun who is, inexplicably, not a Paladin and a wise Elven mentor who's been very useful in encouraging me to be a proper Druid. I've also run into a large adventuring company calling themselves the Frostblades who... I have not formed a positive opinion of yet. Not drawn any conclusions though, and none have attacked me so I'll remind myself of my old motto. Though they may have brought a Dragon down on the town, they don't mean ill.
Although putting up requests in a transparent attempt to get a statue built of yourself for doing the same thing every other dangerous homeless wanderer is doing is straining the bounds of my good-nature.

We haven't spent much time on Arelith; Ajax, Porkules and I made the trip to find Donan after he got blind-drunk and went missing. Besides a worrying amount of places being called 'of Despair' the land itself is quite fine. Cordor has too many rules and Porkules is not allowed inside so I dislike it intensely. Burrowhome was much nicer until I accidentally punched the elderly, pregnant mayor in the face (which I still don't fully understand). The Hin were understanding but I think I'd best be careful around those parts.

I met... I met someone in a dream, near the Temple of Silvanus. I can't remember her name, or her face but I felt at peace. I feel that I was offered a great power but refused and I cannot recall why...

We found Donan, in Crow's Nest, before Ajax was pulled back to Skal by an accident with a Portal Lens. The same happened to me, leaving Donan still unattended, but now in Sibayad and talking to a slaver about how much he'd get if he sold himself into slavery...

The thaw can not come soon enough.

I'll write down more as events occur, Porkules is hassling me to scrounge up some scraps.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Ninjimmy

Re: The deranged notes of Tamoris

Post by Ninjimmy » Mon May 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Back to Sibayad on our quest to aide Donan!

I feel Skal is in capable hands since the majority of the Frostblades left as well, which gives the town a chance to reach some form of equilibrium with the surrounding tribes and the newer adventurers a chance to bloom. Misty and Tuka impressed me. They were both brave, strong and possessed the qualities I seek for in a travelling companion. Neither struck me as the sort to impose themselves on others.

The boat ride was uneventful but exploring Gullorand was... interesting. Ajax went to arrange travel to Cordor which didn't interest me so I went for a traipse of the mountains and found a shrine, Druidic by the markings, desecrated and haunted by something. Porkules dealt with it but I still felt a tremendous sense of.. loss. As though something awful has happened here but I cannot tell what.

Eventually we met again in Crow's Nest and headed to Sibayad, Ajax had fashioned light and breezy armour on my recomendation. The slavers were no help, though I find their role detestable, we should avoid causing trouble until we have at least FOUND Donan. Completing tasks for the Trackless Sea is paying our bills so far.

Ajax is looking at the arena as a potential source of information, hopefully something will come of it.

Oh good, Porkules has managed to rile up a Mummy and is goring it into the sands, must go...
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Taking a rest, thought best to note down recent events: discovered a cult of Malarites in the Forest of Despair. Ajax has agreed to help us purge it. Met a large iron humanoid as well who I believe is called Thisyunitt. After they left they transformed into a woman? Very, very confused.

Battle has been hard going, Porkules is tired. Beastlord still lies further in.

This is but one more step on the path Mielikki has for me. I will see it done.

*scribbled in later*

Mielikki, what exactly have I done to displease you? Me and Ajax fought through the temple to the core and somehow found ourselves in the main chamber once more surrounded by MORE Malarites than before all of whom were out for our blood. I asssume Malar's doing but I would hope Mielikki would offer me some assistance to avoid being torn to pieces. I awoke in Bendir Vale with my closest (human) friend looking as if we'd both been at the pub and lost a fight with every single person to ever consume a drop of ale. I remember more of Kelemvor's Wall than most, Ajax's spirit was not pleased with our bizarrely sour turn of luck.

We dragged ourselves to Cordor and sold what we had not lost in the revival (Tempus seemed equally keen to make sure Ajax knew his patience was limited as Mielikki was to me) and collapsed on the boat back to Crow's Nest. Laurick is tossing us off the boat in a few minutes but thought it best I right this note.

When the Gods tell us to leave. We should leave.
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Gods this day has been rough...

To start from the beginning, I returned to Sibayad and found Donan. He had, indeed, sold himself into slavery and after a lengthy discussion about how unbelievably, incomprehensibly stupid that was I bought him for 17000. He felt that was too low a price but, by his own admission, "I make a shite slave." After a brief tour of where one of my oldest friends had been spending his drunken stupor, we returned to Crows Nest and set about hunting the Beastlord once more.

The forest was as vile as I remembered, filled with hunters and large monstrosities that Donan made quick work of. But now I... I don't know why, but I listened. They called us tresspassers, the spider mother. And prey, the displacer beast. Donan made quick work of them but I couldnt help but feel I had made a mistake... I thought myself steeled but upon confronting the Malarites I faltered. They came at us in waves, Porkules was lost in the woods as he protected me, Donan fell under rows of spears and I fled, wildly through the woods until I reached the bridge and tomb that Ajax and I entered when first we arrived in Arelith.

And I remembered the promise we all made to each other.

Never leave a friend behind.

I counted 30, maybe 40 Malar worshippers with Beasts, Panthers and strength unholy. I summoned the mightiest creature I could and began working through every spell I had to make my way back. Some deeper understanding blossomed within me and I assumed an elemental form as I crashed through the woods. My doubts were gone... I fell again against their priest, wounded by his demon but I could not stay down, my magic roiled within and regenerated me in Mielikki's name. I rose again to be saved by Porkules return, also bloody and weary. He remembered the promise too.

I escaped with Donan's body but his soul had already returned.

I think... I think I should rest now. Today has been difficult on a few levels...
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Fri May 25, 2018 10:04 pm

A lot has happened... I'm waiting on Ajax before we sail for Sibayad again but the events of the last few days...

Starting from the beginning, we confronted the Beastlord but together this time. With all three of us, we carved our way through the temple and brought low the unholy within. I have decided to avoid the Forest of Despair in future. I do not like the place but I cannot deny that evil has a place within the cycle. Though I may fight it when needed, I do not support one side about the other. The balance must perservere.

Having said that, we did then immediately face a great evil in a man called Morghuun. His trap laden tomb perforated many of my summoned allies before we finally confronted the monster. Ajax and Donan fought him while Porkules and I handled his demonic minions. But no matter how hard they hit him, the blackguard would not fall. Until Donan noticed the phylactry. Once that shattered he was just... gone. I read his diary, full of madness and ravings. He spoke of Paush and Zanshibon? Hard to make sense of but his power was genuine. A problem for another time.

After that we declared war on the orcs of Sibayad (far tougher than their Skaljard cousins) and Ajax finally decided on a colour for our band, Green and Silver. He denies it's out of jealousy of the Frostblades blue standard but I'm unconvinced. We destroyed the halfbreed camp. And will never speak of it again.

I feel as though I... am lacking, something. My power is plateued. I hope I still have room to grow...
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Quite forget I had this book until I caught Porkules eating some of the pages.

Not much more to note down but since my memories been faulty since I've been raised a fair few times I'll leave some notes for myself,

-Went to Burrowhome again, made a friend in a wild Dwarf and a Halfling called Willow with odd dragon marks. Donan got us thrown out by trying to attack a Druid who I kept telling him WAS a druid. That drunken lunatic also destroyed some of the cottage by the river where the Chauntea priestess lives, I left some potions hoping their worth would offset the damage.

-Found a gnomish grotto full of vampire spawn and an odd altar. Something bad happened here... one day the gnomes will have a place to call home.

-Got eviscerated by a Werewolf. Burrowhome, again. Need to stop going there, something horrible always happens.

-Made a few friends around Guldorand, Devan and Dastian? Ahhh, I'm better with faces than names. Porkules was allowed admittance which thrilled him to no end. And me. It's nice not to be thrown out.

-Fought a lot of Yetis and a Legendary Snow Beast. Multiple times. Damn thing won't stay dead.

-Comforted a widow who's fiancee was fine and well. She thought she was dead because she'd vanished. And was a mage. Love makes fools of us all, I guess?

-Ajax and I met an Elven Paladin, he was very pleasant! Great guy. Porkules liked him.

-Ajax, Donan, Porkules and I fought through a bizarre temple full of sinister hand fighters and an OUTRAGEOUS amount of highly dangerous traps. Donan managed to shortcut right to their leader though so we only went through 4-5 rooms of what looked like 50.

-We also cleared a strange structure full of mechanical fiends. The notes were... well, I dont like to dwell on it. I sincerely hope none were his intended wife. I cast restoration on everyone just to be safe.

-Porkules has developed a taste for Flameberries.

Right, that about covers it- I've met many more and dealt with much more but that ought to suffice. I'll keep this better updated from now on.
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Not much to note down but a reminder to myself - this greatsword seems to have been designed by an arachnophobe.
I personally don't have an issue with spiders and considering this DRAMATICALLY tips the balance in any human VS spider warfare, I should probably destroy it.

But Ajax wants to explore the Underdark and if there's one thing I think we can all appreciate, it's sticking it to Lolth.

Spider's Bane, you'll have to wait a while, your future owner is on his way!

((NOTE: Also, Barley is the FIRST AXE not the Sheriff. I have Sheriff in my head but it's definitely First Axe))
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Guldorand continues to be grand.

I've met a lot of married couples - admittedly, I don't know much about how legally obligated love and companionship, but I'm surprised how many were adventures. Ran into Devon again with someone I believe is his wife, as well as a pair called Koga and Bonnie. Good sorts, I tagged along through the Iron Golem lair though I believe Varko got us banned from the Trackless Sea after that night drinking with Coldhands.

Everyone else around town seems pleasant, Porkules is becoming fairly popular which he's inordinately pleased about. I believe I've met either a woman with the first name Sword or one of Sir Barley's fellows. Porkules has taken quite a shine to her.

I also heard Devon and his wife (need to get better at picking up and remembering names) talking to the First Axe about how they're being slandered or recieving reputational damage? Mielikki knows what that means, I just left them to it and stopped to write this outside the gate.

Time for a nap, hope no-one steals my reputation or... does something to it... not completely sure what one IS. Might be similar to my annoyance with the Skycallers being pretty terrible examples of Druids? Ahhh, never mind, time for a doze.
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm

I have some time before the leylines align and I can get back to Skal, may as well make some notes.

I returned to Skal! I got a boat with Donan but lost him on Sencliff. He seemed to be doing alright for himself. I rode the boat back to Skal and found it... in a good condition. A dwarf named Soirin seems to be running a tight ship with impressive work on the town as a whole. Very impressive. I met a lot of new faces, the Oakmaster appears to have moved on but I met a number of new elves. The Starglow sisters, Star Denai and Gwen Elin among them stand out. A halfling called Tera is very enamoured to Porkules and keeps on causing trouble. A warrior known as Val shared a philosphical discussion with me as we climbed a mountain, I climbed it again with a hin called Hanna while we searched for a necromancer.

Beyond them, Sigmund the bard, Sei the other bard, Eoin and a man called Harlock have all proven friendly. The town fares well! The Frostblades are still around but havent caused any new problems, I've even spoke to Mach Fryar a few times. I don't think I misjudged him, he has good intentions but his personality grates on me. It's probably more a comment on my own attitude.

Speaking OF attitude, Porkules' ego is now collossal.

During a midsummer festival he fought a frost giant and bested it in front of the whole town. He's now being called a champion non-ironically. Some wild fellows tried to offer tribute to him.

He is, of course, loving the whole thing.

I think I feel the spell taking hold, best finish up. I hope Alfie was as good as his word.
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:39 pm

So, a brief update: A necromancer set his eyes on Tera, her adopted elf family and Val both strove to keep her safe, Fryar took up the fight as well and it seems the necromancer decided to start hiring bounty hunters. Not that he really needed it, for every 3 friends Tera has she's made at least one enemy. The orc Ner-Thal being a prominent one, she is extremely incensed at the multiple attempts on her life because Tera has a thing against orcs.

I've tried to stay out of it by and large, I wished the Hin no ill but I'm working to remain neutral as much as I can. The necromancer has been INFURIATING me that he has the gall to set up shop on the mountain so I've spent several tendays trying to gain entrance.

Anyway, I accompanied Val and Tera to harrass the Harbage Orcs as we are wont to do and the return was accosted by a fellow named Donny. He was after the bounty and had blocked us in. He offered Val and I a choice, hand over the girl or die. I offered him a counter choice of leave or dragon. He chose to deal with my prismatic friend. Unfortunately, no fool is Donny, he also shot me in the gut and I only re-awoke aboard a boat that Val and Terra had stolen. The boat promptly sank (and I learned that cure wounds does NOT work on dead trees) and Porkules both fought a hammerhead and got swept away.

I combed the beach while the town prepared for war and found him, with another shark on the end of his tusks. Damn pig had me worried...

The towns defence fared well, until an assassin abducted Tera. We charged up the mountain to find her, the whole town it felt like, and was met by the necromancer, Nathaniel, himself. He claimed Tera had willingly joined him and when we questioned it and demanded a confrontation, he allowed us entry.

A woman in red tricked Fryar and I, which was a fatal mis-step, we failed to kill her but drove her off and Fryar was revived along with all our other dead. Trapped with no magic, Porkules needed to take the front and deal with as many skeletons as he could which was admirable given the quantity One of the Zhentarim went to negotiate for Tera while the rest of us fought the undead legions he had and attempted to get to Donny (failed) and after freeing all the captured adventurers, we continued on to the Necromancers lair and, after some difficulty, defeated him.

Donny escaped. I am going to find that man and drop another dragon on him.

After that Skal has been fairly peaceful. Fryar immediately built a statue to honour the adventurers (mostly himself since he stuck his logo on it) who had gone up the mountain, Tera seems happy though still keen to label people 'Bados'. Porkules got told off for accidentally murdering one of our fellow adventurers when he saw a sunburst go off near me (we're buying that man a gift, Porkules, he deserves it).

Oh, and Gwen has apparently taken to stealing everything under the sun. Which is... not an ideal development, I hear people get upset about that.

Anyway, must get back to the wilds, though again - if anyone other than myself, Porkules or a Vagrant reads this, kindly go and empty a latrine over your head.
Playing:

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 am

Nine Hells, Gwen can't half start trouble... Exploring tombs in Sibayad, found the only way I could sufficiently increase my strength to climb was by becoming a Dire Bear.

I feel every day I lose a little more dignity...
Playing: