One of Tyr's chosen Life

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

One of Tyr's chosen Life

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 am

(Player OOC note:Doing this little story here so i dont die of missing my character and this server,yes i know i have like 3 IC stories on this forum about the same character but each represents a part of his life i guess,plus i'm kinda lazy to search up the older ones :lol:,Now onwards to the story ;) )

Arcavius on his late 40's

The grandmaster of a small but noticeable order of Tyr allied to the Radiant Heart,that no more than a decade earlier suffered a great loss of losing all of its future and already knighted paladins except for the younger students at the age of 10 or less,its clergy and only one Knight (wich is the grandmaster himself) to the hands of a Lich and a small army of undead,signs off a authorization to let two of his students to investigate a rumour about a weak necromancer somewhere nearby the town closest to their Temple so they can get some real experience on how to combat undead.

He finishes the last letter of his name Arcavius Ryde and with a brief sigh he tells his squire to call both the students that are off to this small but somewhat dangerous for beginners task,so he can give them the official authorization that they are acting under the Order's name but also so he can instruct them on the plan of action.

After the squire leaves to fetch them Arcavius let's a small chuckle come out,thinking to himself "How did i end up on this position so quickly?" then starts remembering his younger self...before so many sad moments found him,when he was as young as 20,without much experience,very much similar how the students he is calling forth are,except he was already Knighted by then...and was sent to a very particular island as his first solo mission...Arelith.

So many memories rush through him,he misses that place surprisingly,he knows there was and probably there still is much evil there,he also remembers how many terrible things happened,Ellona Winsbane meeting such a tragic ending weeks after her child was bon...even if it was for the greater good it crushed him,Sarina Dragonsong his commander for a very short while but a good woman falling out of the righteous path and bringing so many,either directly or indirectly,down under as well,The Banites almost given free reign over that whole island,The banite who cut off half of his right ear,and among so many other happenings,but what crushed him the most was his first fully trained squire,Kyle,falling off the path even though he was brought back once,Arcavius still blames himself for what happened to Kyle...he failed to see how he truly suffered,and how much more help he needed.

But there were some good moments too,his fellow comrades in arms of the House of the Triad coming together as both friends and those who were doing what was right to try and save the ruins of Benwick,And later his comrades in the Radiant Heart trying to stop more spreading of Banite influence across the island,the smiles and laughters among friends he had such as with Guardian Noirin Kivna,and Celestia...a close friend he had,and the woman he got the closest to falling in love with...he didnt even get to say the last goodbye before he had to tie himself down to the position of grandmaster,he wonders if she's okay but then he smiles slightly,she can take care of herself.

He hears knocking and notices he drifted his gaze towards the window,on the direction of Arelith,he turns his gaze towards the door,clears his thoat and says "Please come in" and lets his smile fade,there were more pressing matters...
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Cybernet21

Re: One of Tyr's chosen Life

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 am

A few days later

"And to conclude,Knights of the Merciful Sword of Amn...as we stand here,celebrating another day where we performed the ritual of Seeing Justice,we have two brave squires searching for a necromancer to give him Justice for the souls he torments.Let us pray they will suceed and get one step closer to becoming true paladins of Tyr. May we always reveal the truth,Cheers!"

Arcavius finishes his speech before the temple's members begin the dinner of the day of Seeing Justice with a cup of wine for the cheers,but he does not drink it,he puts it onto the table the Grandmaster of the Amnian Branch of the Knights of the Merciful Sword (himself) and the high members of the clergy sit when inivited,and proceeds to leave as he hears small talk and light laughters between everyone who lives and works in the Temple,around 50 in number,but only 20 are actual members of this order's branch.

He heads for his study,for he has much work to do still,as he enters the study he takes off his cloak and puts it on the back of his chair,he sighs as looks over the window for a few moments,towards the sea,and sits down to finish any paper work he had left.

A few hours laters he hears everyone finishing of the feast and going to finish their day with a night's worth of rest he hears knocking and his squire's voice going "May i come in sire?",Arcavius clears his throat "Of course Adrian,although i do not need your help if it's what this is about,you should get some rest son" he chuckles as the squire comes in,"I am going to rest soon sir,it's just this letter came in just now" and sure enough on his hand there is a letter with an old seal, a mix of Dwarven and Elven, the seal of House Winsbane. The parchment has clearly traveled a long way and have Arcavius's name attached to it. The Squire quickly handing over the letter with a slightly confused look at the Dwarven and Elven sigil but shrugs and leaves it on Arcavius's desk, and leaves saying "Have a Good Rest Sire".

Arcavius observes the letter for a few moments as he notices the Winsbane seal,he thinks to himself This cant be a coincidence,i just started remembering and missing the isle this week... he then takes it,opens it and reads:

Dear Arcavius,

It has been a long time since I have heard from you, longer still since my mothers sacrifice for Cordor. The statue to the last of my knowledge remains with the former Archdruid Jantira who from what he told me had plans to somehow revive her? Not sure if its even possible or just one of his fantasies. I continue my archery but after the last issue with the drow, I have lost all connection to Shevarash and am rather stumbling around on my own in that. Some of my memories were infact altered at my request to try and bring down the amount of trauma. There's lots I don't remember and thats likely for the best. Though my connection remains severed.

I have not heard from Kyle since his exile, I believe hes gone to Evermeet to be with my brother. Though I was completely rejected from his family and rejected in taking any part of his name. I don't hate him anymore, I can't. I have already lost far too much to hate him, even if I still don't entirely understand it all. How is life treating you? How goes the Paladinship? I hope it goes well for you and all your friends. Arelith is quiet save for a Cyrist uprising, nothing too abnormal here.

You would be surprised how hard it was to get the information of where the heck you had gone. The only reason they gave it to me was because of my mothers old rank and title. Likely a bit of sympathy on their end in wanting to connect with one of the few people I have left in my life. I really hope to hear from you soon. Let me know if you come back to Arelith, it would be nice to have you around again to talk to.

Sincerely: Calelruril Winsbane.

Arcavius nods a few times as he reads it,he proceeds to put it to the side,gets a blank letter and takes his quill,as he touches the quill on the paper he stops and thinks to himself It is getting rather late unfortunately,i should give some time before i reply..,plenty of time to digest the information...it seems i am not forgotten by those on the isle he smiles slighlty at that,he then puts the letter is a safe space of his study,takes his cloak of his chair,and leaves the study carrying the cloak on his arm,closing the door and locking it...

(OOC note:Thank you Dark Dreamer for writing that letter as his character and letting me put on this IC story,Arcavius' answer will be coming soon)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 am

*A few days later*

Arcavius enters the Main Hall cleaning off a few stains of what looks like tomatoes off his face and upper body armor with a piece of cloth he hands to one of the maids of the Temple "Thank you my good woman" he smiles politely...behind him the same two students he sent out a week ago to hunt down a necromancer that was tormenting the closest village,they dont have the faces of those that return triumphant after reaching their goal.Arcavius keeps walking towards Tyr's statue and stops in front of it,turning to the two squires,he sighs briefly as he signals those around the main hall,a few clerics and a few of those who maintan the Temple, to give them a moment of privacy.They follow his orders and no one speaks a word until everyone has left.

A few moments pass of complete silence,Arcavius shakes his head in dissapointment and clears his throat, "What were you two thinking,i specifically said should the necromancer have hostages to hold back and inform us as soon as possible,not charge in headlong looking for glory. And now we have two innocents lives on our hands since you were acting in our name!" he notices he screamed on the last sentence,looking at the squires faces,takes a deep breath and keeps his speech,calm but still harshly "If you want to be paladins of Tyr you have to learn to follow orders and codes,and that is something you have been taught ever since you were ten,both of you.You should be ashamed of what you did,you shall take a vow of silence after we are done here,two weeks of it. As for the rest of it,you know what to do,Tyr is part of the Triad and so is Illmater,make sure to visit a cleric after,not to fully heal the scars,but to at least not have them infect.And pray that Tyr forgives you. Undesrtood?" They both nod "Good" Arcavius says as he signals the high priest to take their vows and leaves for his study.

He sits on his chair for 10 whole minute with his hand on his forehead,in disappointment.After that he sighs and tries to go back to work,and he remembers the letter he received Should have sent a reply days before,but being a grandmaster brings in a lot of responsibility he thinks to himself.He proceed to take a blank paper,his quill,and starts writing:

Calelruril Winsbane.,

It was sudden to receive your letter,since there have been a months or maybe even a year since we lest met,but it has been good to receive from you,was starting to wonder how the isle was,and it's good to see i'm remembred by some.I did hear of your mother's statue and the Archdruid's plan,although i havent spoken personally to him about it,my life unfortunately has been really busy for personal matters by the time i heard...and still is.It's sad to see you have lost connection to your patron deity,also that you have parts of your memory blanked out even by your request,what makes a man who he is are his memories after all,but it seems it's for the best yes.

This is the first time i heard of Kyle ever since the incident,i thought he was dead ,until now.Although i dont know what i should feel knowing he is alive.I hope he has found some measure of peace at least,he probably blames himself for everything...when he should have blamed me...i was the one who failed to see he wasnt ready yet and still needed help.

As for my Paladinship,i have become the youngest grandmaster of a paladin Order,or at least in Amn.The order i am master of is not big,it actually is just the Amnian branch of the Knights of the Merciful Sword,we only count as 20.It saddend me to hear the Cyrist Threat escalated in the isle,i unfortunately wasnt able to help stop it even though i was there when it started.My order here needed me more than ever,since i was the only fully trained paladin of the branch itself,a few months later i was named Grandmaster.

I hope we can still exchange letters in the future too,it's one of the only personal moments i have nowadays. I wont be able to visit Arelith in a while but i'll try as soon as i can.One last thing,should you hear anything about Celestia Merlin i only wish for you to tell me if she's alright,she's a close friend i didnt have the chance to say goodbye for,i did not think i would be named a grandmaster and thought i would be back soon,guess it was foolish of me.

Sincerely: Arcavius Ryde

He finishes the letter,puts it into a envelope and seals it with the seal of the Knighs of the Merciful Sword,one of the Radiant Heart and a smaller one that he chuckles and thinks to himself "a long time since i last used this" as he uses it,the one of the House of the Triad,and attaches Calelruril's name to it.He calls out Adrian and tells him to send it.As the door closes behind Adrian,the grandmaster once again looks into the sea...before going back to work.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 am

*A year or so later*

"As of now all of you are full fledged Paladins of Tyr and members of the Order of the Merciful Sword,as well as members from the Radiant Heart" Arcavius does his speech in front of 10 or so students that have completed their 10 year long training to become Paladins "Unfortunately some of you failed to show the Righteousness to become paladins" he glances at the two students behind him,the same ones that put a innocent boy's life in danger and in the end let him die "But do not worry,your brothers are attoning,and will soon join you in our ranks!" he smiles "Let us do a toast to you all and Praise Tyr!" he rises his chalice of Holy Water,toasts and drinks it,as well as the students,thus completing the last ritual of the ceremony. "Now to the feast!" He motions towards the Dinner Hall of the Temple and everyone cheers.

As the students go out,Arcavius shakes the hand and thanks each high ranking member of either the Order of the Merciful Sword or the Radiant Heart that came to witness the ceremony.The last guest approaches and Arcavius says "Ah,Crusader Katarina Knight" he nods "I assume you are not here just because of the ceremony but also because of the matter you dont seem to give up on discussing" he extends his hand as he motions towards the two students who made the mistake with his head,they were praying in front of Tyr's statue instead of going to the Dinning Hall with everyone,Katarina looks at them with a glance then proceeds to shake Arcavius's hand with a polite smile "Of course,although i dont think it's time to talk about it it now,we should celebrate first,maybe at your study after the Feast?" the Dark Blond haired Crusader around the age of 30 or so(15 years younger than Arcavius) says,"Very Well then" the grandmaster says,and they proceed towards the feast.

"Do not let anyone disturb us while we talk" Arcavius says to Adrian as he and Katarina go inside of his study after the feast,the squire nods.Arcavius goes behind his desk and supports his arms on it while standing up "So,are you dicussing the same matter with the same arguments then?",Katarina lets the polite smile fade and changes a serious expression "But of course grandmaster,after all your decision was wrong!You should never have left those two continue their training to become Paladins,you let the ones who broke the ideal of Compassion and Patience willingly and got a innocent young boy killed as consequence stay",Arcavius sighs lightly and answers "We've already been through this,we can give second chances when one is willing,and they truly regret what they did and are ready to attone for the rest of their lives,they have even accepted to spend one more year learning our ways all over again.Showing Mercy and giving second chances are what this order is all about,we are the Merciful Sword after all",Katarina sighs "I knew you werent gonna change your mind,i just came here one last time about this out of kindness.This isnt the last you'll hear of me on this issue,have a goodnight...sir" she nods and proceeds to leave.Arcavius stays on the same position for a few more moments and then proceeds to the window and observe the view while thinking what she meant by that

(OOC note:If anyone wants to do a character based on one of Arc's students from this Amm branch of the Merciful Sword that went to visit Arelith for whatever reason,wich would be really cool btw XD,you can, just make sure to send me a PM on it,after all only 10 became paladins from when Arcavius became Grandmaster.Also hope what i'm doing is fine,i'm making sure Arc is a grandmaster of a small branch from Amn of the Merciful Sword,not the whole thing)

(OOC Note PS:I am also sorry about the letter exchanging i did,i had no idea we couldnt do it,wont happen again)

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

*A few weeks later*

The sun has just risen but Arcavius was up even before then,resolving the Order's issues,he stops for a few moments looking out the window that gives view to the East of the Temple to observe the sun coming up,he then hears knocking at his door and Adrian,the squire,saying "Sir?It's urgent,you should come see this",the grandmaster gets up from his chair,takes his cloack off it and puts it on while opening the door "What is it boy?",the squire motions towards downstairs and walks off as Arcavius follows him "It's a Crusader apparently,she appears to have the official business banners from the Radiant Heart",Arcavius sighs slighlty "Katarina Knight,what is it now...?".

The Main Hall doors open to a sun filled courtyard and a metal Gate from Outer Walls Opening up,6 Soldiers holding up the Radiant Heart Banners march in and form a corridor in front of the Hall Doors for a Female Knight upon a horse to pass,she unmounts her horse and passes trough the corridor with a letter in hand and extending it to Arcavius "Good Morning Grandmaster Ryde,i told you i'd be back" she smiles in a way that might seem polite,but it's a smile of victory over something or someone, Arcavius frowns as he takes the letter and unseals the Radiant heart seal "Good Morning miss Knight..." he then turns his eyes from hers and starts reading the letter,Katarina then motions for two of her guards into the Temple:

Knight Arcavius Ryde,
Crusader Katarina Knight has brought to us the matter of a decision she says it's misguided on your part as a Grandmaster,the one about two of your students who have failed a test,and we are inclined to agree with her,but first we wish to hear your part,so you are called here to Eshpurta,your home city,until then Knightess Katarina will be acting Grandmaster of your chapter.If we decide to agree with the Crusader you shall be sent back to the isle you seem to be fond of,Arelith.So you can restore and continue your work there.
Cordially,the Radiant Heart Council for matters of Amn

As Arcavius finishes reading,the two soldiers that went inside the Hall come back with the to students who failed their quest and Katarina says "But,before you go you should witness my first official act as acting-Grandmaster" the soldiers make the 20 year old men kneel and bring two pieces of wood the size of a wooden stool and put the two student's right hands on top of it,at this point the students have a desperate look on their faces as look up to Arcavius for help,as Arcavius sees this he turns to the Crusader and stays "Stop this Katarina!They made mistakes yes but they are repenting for it,they are loyal followers of Tyr that would do anything to be on his graces once again,they have already been given punishment!",Katarina does nothing except making the polite smile go away and says "It seems that isle has made you soft,Ryde!" she chuckles "That is not punishment enough and you should know,this is,for what they did" Arcavius tries to convince her once more,almost pleading "I am still your elder and you should respect me,the isle hasnt made me soft,it just made me realize who actually deserves punishments like these and those who dont,how can you not see these boys truly repent for their mistakes?!" Katarina responds "I am acting Grandmaster now and should you interfere it shall be considered treason" she unsheathes her sword and stands beside the pieces of wood ready to cut the boys hands,Arcavius closes his fists strongly but stands in place as he cant do anything unless either attacking a fellow paladin or be considered a traitor,Ktarina then cuts their hands swiftly and cleanly and as the young men started screaming at their pain she calls in clerics to quickly heal the wounds,but not enough to not leave scars,Arcavius then screams out "This is not Tyr's will!The Maimed God would never want this to happen to his loyal followers!You tread a dangerous path Crusader Katarina,this is a chapter of the Order of The Merciful sword not an Inquisiton." he says that loudly and seriously,but keeps a calm expression,and proceeds to apologize for the boys and make sure they are fine,"I'll make sure you both can still serve a cause for Tyr,i am sorry..i failed you" he lets a tear fall.

In that very night Arcavius got prepared to travel to Eshpurta,a day or two ride from the Temple of his order,he only speaks with the squire Adrian,to make sure the squire keeps Arcavius informed of what is happening inside.He the signals the gatekeeper,mounts his horse and rides off to the city,the city where his family lives,a family he hasnt seen in decades

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:22 am

*three days later*
A light rain is falling during the morning in the streets of Eshpurta,soldiers are entering an inn and Arcavius appears leaving it,high walls an towers filled with soldiers appear in the distance as the paladin heads for the Radiant Heart Council temple,when it comes to matters of Amn because the main temple of the order is within the capital of Athlaka.The temple is not that big or impressive compared to other parts of the city,but there are two guards,most likely paladins at each side of the big wooden doors,as they see Arcavius they open the doors leading to the main Hall for him and Arcavius nods while passing through.The interior of the Temple's Main Hall has altars for many gods of the light,but the ones who are most impressive are the ones to the Triad,Tyr,Ilmater and Torm.Arcavius does a small prayer and lowers his head in respect as he sees Tyr's statue and altar,a cleric nods to him and says "Welcome Knight Ryde,they are waiting for you,this way please",the cleric leads Arcavius to another place of the Temple through a small courtyard and opens the door to another,smaller,Hall,in there three men sitting at a large table with papers in front of them shift their attention to the new arrival,Arcavius unsheathes his sword and kneels with the blade's tip touching the ground in front of him.

After the exchange of greetings between Arcavius and the council,the paladin rises up and explains the situation to them,after a few moments of silence while the council is deep in thought,they exchange a few words and the one in the middle turns to Arcavius,clears his throat and says "After hearing both sides of this story and much thought we've decided that the punishement issued out by Crusader Katarina Knight is not as...harsh as you make it seem...but!You are not totally in the wrong,she acted quite recklessly and agaisnt your authority as grandmaster,so we are not making her the new grandmaster,we shall send a more...patient knight of the Order of the Merciful Sword itself to be Grandmaster.".

Arcavius nods with respect and answers "You have my gratitude,my lords",the three men nod back and the one in the right speaks "However..we've decided,as well, that with this whole incident along with your family name it has become significantly difficult to keep you in Amn doing official Radiant Heart or Merciful Sword bussines,so from here on out you can only conduct official business for those two orders outside Amn territory,wich means you can still do good within the isle you are fond of,Arelith as well as in other nations.You have around 2 years to report to us where you wish to go.May the Triad bless you Ryde" that last phrase comes from all three men at the same time,Arcavius slowly nods "May it bless us all" as he turns and leaves,closing the door behind him

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:02 pm

*a few moments later*
As Arcavius closes the door he sighs lighlty at the counsil's decison,to basically exile him from Amn due to political matters...Amn hasn't changed,but i must do what i am told he thinks to himself,he collects his thoughts and heads for the exit,time to visit his mother perhaps for the last time as he arrives at the Main Hall where the altars are found a cleric of red hair and green eyes at his late 50's or so that is lighting some candles in front of Tyr's altar looks at Arcavius and smiles lighlty as he recognizes Arcavius,he proceeds to speak "Ah,Knight Ryde there has been some time since we've last met ever since that...dreadful event in fact,it's good to see you again" Arcavius smiles as he recognizes the man that saved his life "High Cleric Sebastian,it's good indeed to see you,no matter the circumstances" the cleric nods and proceeds to say "Forgive me to pry but...i've heard of the council's decision about you,maybe you wish to speak about this with anyone?You know you can confide in me,we were brothers in the same chapter after all",Arcavius chuckles slightly "Well,now that you offer how can i refuse?That would actually help quite a lot,Thank You" Sebastian nods "No need to thank me friend,now perhaps we should go to a more private space" he motions Arcavius to follow and they proceed to go for the High Cleric's study, "Feel yourself at home Arcavius,and would you please close the door,we wouldnt want interruptions after all" the paladin proceeds to do just that and sits down Sebastian sits down and looks into Arcavius' eyes with his gentle and kind eyes "Now,let us hear your thoughts" he nods encouraging Arcavius to speak

Arcavius clears his throat and proceeds to say "I dont know what to feel...everyday we get more and more people like Katarin Knight into the Radiant Heart ranks,we are starting to forget what mercy and kindness is...and after all that happened and the council has seen i was right they proceed to exile me from Amn due to poilitcal matters such as my family name?If i could i would abandon this name without a second thought,but it's the only things that keeps me close to my mother,i just feel so...hopeles when it comes to the Radiant Heart in Amn,i do not think what is happening is Tyr's will" Sebastian nods as he listens and keeps his gentle and kind visage all along,as the paladin stops talking Sebastian smiles and says "I cannot tell you what you should feel,but be sure that i agree with you,but what i think is happening is that Tyr has not chosen you to try and fix these problems this is why at every turn you were pointed to that isle,it seems Tyr chose your fate to be fight evil on that land,that seems to be the best place you can carry on his will being a Divine Champion" Arcavius smiles but it seems to be a sad smile "The Radiant Heart here doesnt seem to belive that,i've heard what people had to say about my status as Champion of Tyr,they dont trust what i say since ther have been no witnesses and that they believe Arelith is not something that would concern the Gods" Sebastian nods "What matters is not what they belive in,but what you believe in my friend,we can never know the Gods wills for sure,but trust me when i say there 's people that believe in you,i for one do.In any way,Arelith seems to be the place where you can do the most good so embrace that,that island sure has something powerful and magical involving it,look at you,your age is around the late 40's and yet you look like you are 35 or younger so i do believe the Gods would show some interest in this land,be strong Knight Ryde,i know you can...after everything you've been through you can surpass this!"

Arcavius smiles and nods "I will make sure i do,thank you Sebastian,for everything.This may be the last time we meet friend.Goodbye" Arcavius gets up and as he turns to the door a hand holds his shoulder "Farewell then,friend" Aracvius turns to Sebastian and they both hug as friends,then both nod and Arcavius leaves as Sebastian says "Triad's Blessigns to you Ryde" Now,time to meet Mother....

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:35 pm

*an hour or two later*
The sun is starting to descend and going to set as Arcavius stops in front of his destination,the gate for the cemetery of Eshpurta,outside of its stone walls but guarded by soldiers here and there,the paladin takes a deep breath and goes through the open gates,he heads towards the noble family mausoleums and stops in front of one that is smaller than the ones from the other noble Houses but still impressive at the top it's written "Ryde" he nods in respect for the dead,only,and proceeds to walk a few more steps stopping in front of a grave by the side of the mausoleum where it's written "Caroline Ryde,a loving wife and mother" Arcavius smiles she always loved the outside,of course she wouldnt want to be buried in a mausoleum he thinks to himself,he kneels in front of the garve pulls his holy symbol from his neck and mutters a prayer,and he stays there thinking I will always miss you Mother,you would always comfort me no matter the circunstances,no matter how bad you were feeling,or how bad Father treated me,you were always there calling me "My Knight",this may be the last time i visit you but...know you will always be with me he says it in his mind while letting a few tears fall and he gets up,blinking a few times to stop the crying,when he hears the sound of two people aproaching,one of them speak "Hey!You there!What are you doing in front of my Mother's grave soldier?Uncle,do something" the other person responds "Now,now,you shouldnt speak loudly in a Cemetery,i also dont think that's a soldier boy"

As the Uncle says that Arcavius turns to the two arrivals and nods as he recognizes them,he wasnt expecting to find them there,his younger brother;a man around his mid-forties that is the complete opposite of Arcavius,has Brown Hair and Green eyes and is dressed i noble attire;and his Uncle a man around his late sixties,with Grey Hair and Hazel eyes (same as Arc's) dressed in Noble attire as well,he is in a good form for his age,still walking normally although slowly and not even a slight sign of hunching.He nods to both of them,the uncle nods back but the brother seems to get even more angry "What are you doing here!?You abandoned home and gave up your heritage to go spend your life in a Temple just after Mother died and you dare pay a visit to her?" Arcavius sighs lightly and as he's about to respond the uncle puts his hand on the nephew's shoulder "I told you to be respectful Boy,this is a Cemetery we are in,your Brother has as much right to visit your Mother as you,now go wait outside" as the angry nephew is about to respond the Uncle cuts him short "As far as i remember your father has passed leadership of our House to me before he passed on,so i have a say in family bussiness not you" the green eyed man casts another angry look towards Arcavius before going back the way he came.

After a few moments the Uncle turns to Arcavius and smiles and chuckles a bit "Ah,Arcavius it's so good to see you,so many years since we've last seen each other,i was thinking i would die without getting to see you one last time" he walks towards Arcavius to hug him while smiling and Arcavius does the same,his Uncle was one of the few people who treated him right on the Ryde family,aside from his mother;the uncle then asks "Why the sudden visit to your mother?" the paladin responds "Well,this might be the last time i may be able to visit mother" he then explains the whole situation;the uncle nods and says "Maybe while you think on your decision you could stay home as a guest,i know you are not very fond of that house...or the family tied to it do it for an old man please" he chuckles, Arcavius smiles and responds "I wasn't planning on this,but of course i could not say no to you Uncle,but what about Richard?Will he be okay with it?" and the Uncle answers "You dont mind him,your father has passed leadership down to me since he didnt think your brother was ready so until i decide he's ready he cant do a thing.Come,let us go,you surely need som rest;and with that they both head towards the exit.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:07 pm

*1 year and around 6 months later*
A feast is happening in the Ryde's mansion inside Eshpurta,to comemmorate a jousting event,the Nobles are walking around courting ladies,speaking of politics or just drinking wine,Arcavius is to the side of the feast Hall with his hands behind his back while with his full armor on,he only observes,a few noble look to him and whisper among themselves and laugh,but Arcavius doesnt seem to pay them any attention,i am not a man for these innocent Noble Feasts,but my Uncle has asked me so endure it i must a drunken noble passes in front of Arcavius and bumps into a Lady making her trip,Arcavius quick on his senses and reflexes stops her from falling he chuckles "That would have been quite a fall,are you alright?" the red haired and blue eyed lady looks to Arcavius and smiles while nodding "Yes i'm fine thank you!Uh...Sir?" Arcavius nods and smiles "You can call me Arcavius,and you are?" she responds "I am Beatrice,thank you once again Arcavius,you are one of the only men that have some manners around here",she casts a glance towards the drunk man,"I hope to see you again,Goodbye for now" and wanders off,Arcavius got a feeling that she might have been blushing,the other ladies whisper another few things and laugh,Arcavius pays them no attention an goes back to where he was,smiling slightly.

In the next morning Arcavius finishes up packing his stuff,today was the day he would go back to Arelith and maybe the last time he would be able to visit Amn in some time,if ever.He goes towards the entry of the House and ther he meets his uncle,no signs of his brother,"Let me say just one last thing before you go boy" The uncle says,Aracvius nods ands sayas "Go ahead",the old man clears his throat and says "This may be my last chance to say this to you,but i thought you might know,the reason your mother was constantly sick when you were a boy it's because some...complication during your birth she was never able to recover,that is the reason your Father hated you,because he treated like it was your fault but dont let this make you feel guilty,i just wanted to let you know that while you father may have acted wrong...he cared deeply about your Mother" Arcavius hugs his Uncle while letting a few tears fall "Thank you for letting me know of this Uncle...you could have hidden this from me but you told me,may Tyr bless you" the Uncle nods while crying as well "Well farewell then...nephew"

Arcavius nods and walks across the front entrance,towards the Radiant heart Council and then to get the boat to Arelith,he casts one final glance towards his home city while he rides away towards the closest port.