Tainted to the Core

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Eters

Tainted to the Core

Post by Eters » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 am

Here I am, once more into these scotched lands, these brutal and cruel lands, here again I stand, at the place which my soul wishes to call home, why I'm I here again.... The woman told herself as she walked the endless wastes of the Abyss, her axe in hand, perhaps the only comrade she had on that journey, every step felt heavy, as the sands of the wastelands crept inside her greaves, making movement difficult and tiring.

Where I'm I going again? Why I'm I here? Why... Her train of thoughts found itself halted by every thundering noise and flurry of raining flames that fell upon her head, between that and the waves of madness incarnate that attacked her at every turn, this woman found no rest, every battle ended as quickly as it started. Her mind was drifting away but her body remembered every battle she had, ever, long and painful hours of training revealed themselves in a unconcious dance that she performed at every encounter. Cleaved and dismembered demons fell to the left and right, and at each swing a feeling of morbid delight burned within her, like that sweet spot in one's scalp when carressed, like that perfect coffee in a cold morning, like that one musical note that sends goosebumps down one's spine, it felt right, it felt good, but she had to control herself.

More...do I want more of this? She asked herself after hours, or days, she wouldn't know, for the Abyssal layers had no sky that one can tell time with,her armor was missing parts, and her cloak was long gone, revealing behind her a demonic tail that swayed freely in the air, this woman is a tiefling, her blood , putrid and tainted called for an eternal chaos, the humanity in her screamed for her to leave this place, but the will to do so is gone, or is it?

More, let's dance more, Don't make this end, keep coming, keep me moving, forever... the woman said after what felt to be like an eternity, her beautiful dark brown eyes slowly took a reddish hue and a malicious grin drew upon her beautiful lips as she now ran freely in the planes, as if it was a part of her, as if she was part of it, with no purpose other than indulging herself into the pleasures of the slaughter she was commiting, the tiefling danced, a sad, lonely and morbid dance with demons of all shapes and sorts, like a river she flowed with graceful movements that contrasted with unearthly brutality and cruelty, every cracked skull, every dismembered limb was an added note into the music of madness she danced to, the more she killed the quicker it would become, and she was keeping up, her axe didn't stop, her body didn't ache, her mind didn't hesitate.

The woman stood in the mist of a carnage she herself did, her mind now clear like day as she came to her senses at long last, she stared in disbelief at herself, her armor, her skin, her hair, all sticky and tainted with the blood of most corrupt creatures, around her, a lake of dead demons, and a sea of living demons that were but dismembered, slowly they crawled towards her, with eyes burning with madness, a gasp, a tear, a cry and then a scream, the woman finally cracked a lens, afraid, dissapointed and ashamed, before bringing herself back to the Primal plane, lips shuddering a few words to herself.

I'm rotten to the core.