Meriam's Journal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Meriam's Journal

Post by Mythic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:04 pm

It's been Almost a year since I moved here to Arelith. hard to believe really, Made so many Friends. Wotan Woodberry - Ranger of Bearvan
Kera Nutcracker - Commander of the Hawk'in
Kayla Keglighter - Practically another Sister
Glinda and Lorina

So many Friends I will run out of room in this Journal if I listed them all.
It's been a heck of a Year.

In my first month I got offered a bargain with Unseelie Fey (Bad Idea. Dont take)
[*]Scribbles of Pixies Fill the rest of this Page[*]

I saw Six Dragons, Fought Orcs, Giants, Trolls, Golems and Deurgar. I rose so rapidly I Burned out.

[*]Doodles of a Burning Ship[*]

Almost Drowned, Not fun. I should take more care this time, Temper the Strength Sheela blesses me with.

[*]Sketch of a Crab and a Pie[*]

Dice Crab meat.
Simmer Crab in Pot, add light Oil, Season with Mintspear and light pepper
Melt Cheese (Preferably Soft and Mild. For Texture) and Pour over Crab
Roll out Dough and bake Base, Prepare latticing for the topper.
Fill Pie-Base with Cheesy-Crab mixture, add touch of diced Flameberry
Place Topper on Pie, decorate and Bake in oven.

Serve Hot. Spicy Cheesy Crab Pie.
Howling around all year long

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meriam's Journal

Post by Mythic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 am

Dear Diary.

It's been even crazier recently.

Dealing with Banites and Cyricists.
Trying to re-write the Earthkin Alliance
Found love <3 *Doodles of Multiple Hearts*

Terry is Huge. Sherry is lazy as usual~

Trying to keep the Dale together. Got given a weird Job, "Ambassador of the Wilds"
Its a bit Longwinded (Dont tell Fayna)

I dont think I want to keep the Nest anymore. Its time I bought my own home
I want that huge Farm, Buppi used to own it. But it seems Yeto doesent like the fact somebody else owns it.

Cant seem to get the Guy who bought it to speak to us. Annoying~

Oh well. Maybe I'll write in here soon again. Or I'll lose it like last time.

*Small Sketch of two Hin, Holding hands*

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 am

Dear Diary.

I am running for Mayor. In my Condition now it seems the best thing I can do to stay useful to
my new home here in Bendir. New home, It seems odd to write that having been here for nearly five years now.

Im in a bad state. I hid most of it from everybody. Most of me was banished to the plane of air
and now Its a long ardeous process.

Lungs : 96% by my reckoning
Heart : 100% fine. Lucky it was untouched
Stomach : 45% regrown. It hurts to eat anything so Im sticking with soft foods.
Liver : 80% regenerated. It somewhat heals by itself. But
Im sticking to drinking milk until its stronger
Guts: 16% The most pain. It hurts anytime I move. But I grin and bear it, Cannot let my friends. let alone my family here know. lest they truly lock me in my burrow

I do not mean to Hide my pain from them. I just do not wish them to suffer for my own suffering.

I miss tending the flowers and plants daily. I even miss hunting.
Some of my wards numb the pain enough for me to take short trips

Hopefully once my guts are on the mend I can at least go collect some supplies for the Dale

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorudan. He's become more than a close friend here. He's family. Close family, almost like a brother. Except now I'm closer to him than any of my own back home.
Falgrim. As stubborn as ever, but its refreshing to have a solid rock there that has my back.
Naly. Tough as nails, Im glad we are close friends

Maya Nutcracker. Family, Not only has she become closer to me than any nutcracker. Even Fayna has come this close to me. She's my student. A Flower in my Garden so to say.
Fayna Nutcracker. She's become distant. I yelled, mostly for my own anguish. But I hurt her in a way I never wished to. Even if It was a shout.
Kera. She's retiring. I am sad, She seemed as if she was going to be around forever. But even so She's becoming an Elder

Bo and Ave. Still new but already proving themselves to be some of the best damned Hawk'in around, They make up for eachothers weaknesses and show such great teamwork
It brings tears to my eyes to see a partnership like theirs. It reminds me of my own with Sherry

My Quill hand tires. And I am running out of more paper, I will continue this whenver I find my journal again

I should really put it higher up on the shelf, so that Sherry cannot hide it.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Dearest Uncle

I Do not Know if my Letters have been reaching you. But if not, I want you to Know I am doing well.
I have found a Home, and More than that I have found a Family. A Family I can call my own and a Home that I have recently. Been elected Mayor of, But you know Me, I've Jokingly changed the Name of Mayor to "Wolfqueen"

I arrived on an Island some, Four years ago now. My Journeys up and Down the sword coast are nothing compared to what I have encountered Here on Arelith. You know the Old Bedtime story you told me? The One about you and the Briarpatch facing that Black Dragon?

My First Week here I saw Four Red ones. In the last year? I have fought, hunted and defeated, Not only dragons, but Giants, Horrors of the deep Underdark, and More Orcs than I can count

I'm a Leader here, As one of my close friends here (A Dwarf By the way) I bring Folks together.

I Still know you as my Uncle, You raised me well. But here I seem to have found Kin who love me for who I am. And I love them back, I was Adopted (half as a Joke I think?) But In this Family I have another brother. I guard them and protect them with my life

I have also found some Students, One of which. I think I may be falling in love with. I initiated her into the Green-Children, Converted her from Arvoreen. Her heart is far more belonging to Sheela.

I dont think I will be coming back to Fuzzypaw. Burrowhome, And Bendir Dale is my Home now.

With Lots of Love. Your Niece, Meriam.

P.S I have Adopted the Last-Name of Fuzzypaw.
P.P.S Sherry is Doing well, She just helped another Wolf Litter.
P.P.P.S I can also Turn into Dragons and Elementals now. Its super weird

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Tonight we Mourn. Tonight we Hunt

The Pack has lost the Elder. He will be missed, His lessons and Guidance to us will be remembered.

The Wolves Pass by the Fresh Grave. Led by an average sized Timber-wolf. The Mournful Echoing howl from her sister carrying into the Night.

Flanked by two far larger Winter-furred Wolves. She moves Swifty on silent paws. She knows the rest of her pack is following. She only Leads when Sister is busy, It does not mean she cannot do it well

The Pack emerges from the Thick Treeline. She catches a Scent. A Large Stag, Still fat from the long-winter

The Hunt of the Long-Sleep is sacred. It is the Final farewell to the Spirit of the Fallen. They watch and Hunt along in the Spirit-Plane, This she knows, Goldir Will be with Them for this hunt, One last time

She Moves. The Pack Follows. Racing along, Mournful Howls filling the Night in the Arelith Woods. She Hopes nothing interrupts this Hunt, The Pack will not be sated without the intended prey

Through Clear Glen, Past Ogre and Forest-Beast. The wild-wolves of the Wood staying away, either out of fear or respect for the Packs Hunt

She Spots the Stag. Big, Fat, Flighty. This will be a Chase to remember.

A Blur from her Left, A younger Wolf races past. Her Ward and her Sisters Mates' Guardian. Foolish

The Deer scarpers. It is Fast despite its Winter-Fat. She breaks into a Sprint, She may be Old in Mind. But her Body remains young and fast, She easily Overtakes the excited Pup. The White-Furred members of her Pack moving and flanking, beginning to Encircle as they race through the Woods.

The Deer flees, It knows it is futile, yet it is the nature of Prey to attempt to survive. The Pack will not Tire this night, They will not fail a Hunt of the Long-sleep....

Hours will pass, and the Hunt passes through the Woods. And out into Minmir, Hills and close to Mountains. She has her faster White-furred ones to Corral the Stag towards a Gulley. To Trap it for the Kill

She Approaches the Trapped Stag. She knows it will panic, Normally she would be wary of the sharp hooves and strong Antlers. But this hunt demands nothing but clear-thought to honour the Fallen

In one swift Motion she dashes forwards. the reflexes of years upon the Island bringing her low under the Stags antlers, She Spins and Pulls her head upwards. Clamping her Jaws, More accustomed to Rending through the Steel of the Metal-made-Life or the Scales of the Wyrm-Beasts than Fleshy-prey

It Falls. One motion is all it took to Crush its Throat and end the Stags life. The Pack Watches, Even the Eager Pup stands Silent. The Long-Sleep Hunt will come for them All one day. And They know that the Pack they leave behind will Hunt as they did this Night.

It takes Hours until the Morning for the Pack to return. The Den in the Thicket fills with Full-Bellied Wolves, And the Rest required from such a great Hunt.

She Sniffs the Air as the Morning Daylight breaks. And she looks towards the Den-Entrance. She Watches her sister approach from out of the Door

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hunt was successful Sister. Goldir Has been Remembered

The Hin Nods and Bends to embrace the Timber-wolf. Pulling her head close to her Chest.

Thank you Sherry. He entered the Long-Sleep in comfort.

For A long few Minutes they remain in Silence. Before the Hin plants a Kiss on the Timber-Wolves forehead. Standing to Leave back into her own Den

The Timber-Wolf turns back to the Wolfden, The Hin-Burrow is comfortable. But the Pack will sleep together for The Day.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 pm

A Spring Evening in the Fuzzy-paw Burrow

The Fire crackles giving out a constant warmth into the Burrow. The light fading from the Windows as night begins to fall upon the lands of Bendir Dale

A pot simmers on the Stove, sending a delicious smell of stew out of the Chimney. let alone permeating the tidy Burrow. Cooking tools and equipment tucked away neatly in the neat Hin-sized kitchen

The Burrow is rather silent tonight, save for the simmer and crackle. A light scribble of a quill the only true break from the "Silence" A Small Figure works her way through a Stack of paperwork.

She leans back in the Large wooden Throne, placing the Quill back into the pot. setting the last Piece of paper atop the finished stack. She leans forward and gives a Dozing wolf a good scratch behind the ears, before it rolls over to continue sleeping.

She steadily rises. and binds up the paperwork into a string. She moves to the Door and rouses another sleeping wolf along the way. passing the paperwork along to be delivered to Winterfoot.

"Hopefully that is the last of it for a while" She mutters to nobody in particular

She Turns and makes her way to the stove. Slipping on a pair of oven-mitts, taking the simmering pot off the heat. and scooping some of the hot venison stew into a bowl. Then a few more bowls which she sets to cool. The Wolves will enjoy it better when it does not burn their mouths after all.

She sighs as she begins to eat her bowl of stew. Despite its flavoursome filling she only manages to chew down half the bowl. She's never been one to eat much anyway. So she pours the leftovers into one of the Wolf-Bowls, setting them down to the floor, spaced out evenly

She sets the Pot back to simmering. No sense in letting a good stew go truly cold before the whole family can enjoy after all.

She lets her hair down. Running her hands through the Sandy-White-Blond mess, the Dye she's been using is finally starting to fade, and she does not feel like keeping it up for the sake of retaining something else from when she first arrived.
In the Coming weeks it will be washed out entirely. and then her sandy-hair will be taken over by her more natural white sheen. A carry-over from her other form

She takes the recently made spectacles from her face. And grimaces as the world turns a fuzzy vague mess. she closes the spectacles and moves into the bedroom, stepping over her sleeping sister, she sets the glasses on her nightstand. And begins to undress, folding her clothes neatly ready to be washed for the morrow.

She takes a deep breath and shuts her eyes. Ten wolves, all in states of sleep. even the pup who is delivering the paperwork will soon return. She finally turns and begins to stealthily slip into bed. scooting towards her sleeping Wife.

Resting her head on the Wifes upper back. She relaxes. She is home, this is true bliss.
At least for this night.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri May 04, 2018 5:22 am

A Headache, She growls softly as her pulls on her glasses. Sighing as she leaves the comforting embrace of the shared Bed. Having since moved to a house with more room for her Family, which soon will include three more.

Three she thinks, Triplets. By Yondalla's children its going to be a blessing and a curse, She does not look forward to the final term of carrying these pups. Mayhaps she should get some more advice, and actually ask her planned Midwife to...Well Midwife.

She Looks back on all the memories made in these past six years, Of her loves lost and found, Friends dead, Gone or remaining. All the Fighting, Fleeting hopes to be replaced by conviction and strength, She wont ever be able to truly rest here. There are too many who need her, For a kind word and an open heart can be easily abused. She will still give them freely, even if the ones she offers it to do not quite understand, Or reject it with the same fear that has caused them to form such barriers from the outside world.

Preferring to Live in your own world. She chuckles lightly while preparing breakfast, she curses her lack of focus. A matter of perspective, It always is, and because many cannot see the angles or even the picture that she can. No, Frustrating is not the right word. Loneliness, Looking from the outside in.

She shakes her head, tasting the porridge, and adds some fresh fruit throughout the Dish. Loneliness, She hates the feeling, She hates that others have to feel it. With every addition to her Family, Wether it is another Kin, Or Someone who simply needs the love and care she gives. She no longer feels like she has to strain so hard, Her Children will be the centre of her life for a long time.

Family. She mutters, As she pours a vast amount of Porridge into the bowls. Some scattered with Fruit, Some with Meat chunks. Setting the meaty-Porridge down for the Wolves, Setting a Fruity Bowl downstairs for her newest addition. Moving upstairs and setting two in the spare room, Hoping that the two lovebirds will at least be home to eat it for a change.

Finally moving into the Bedroom, Where she so regrettably has to escape from. Clicking the Door shut, She moves to sit on the large Bed, Gently Nudging the sleeping Hin snoring so adorably beneith the silken covers.

"Wake up Dear, I have breakfast"

No, The thoughts and Reflections, The outside looking in, The Loneliness, All the Pain and Suffering, The Hope and the Conviction

Nothing can compare to simply eating a warm meal with a loved one. Even if she will fall back to sleep after the bowl is empty.

Maybe she can squeeze back in, She could do with some more Snuggling before facing the World outside the Cottage once again.

Drifting back to Sleep. Only one thing crosses her mind before the time of dreaming comes again.

Life is good.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri May 11, 2018 5:53 am

Five Thousand Gold

That was how much She regretted Spending on /Yarn/ She was terrible at knitting. Looking in the Closet She was lucky that Ma' had managed to salvage the abominations of Knitwear she had attempted.

How does one Knit a Beanie with Armholes, Or a pair of Socks that ends up knitted together.

It does not matter really, She has her Family to help get through the remaining....Four odd thousand golds worth of Yarn

She Sighs. Closing the Cuboard, setting what was once a Terrible knitting accident, Unto a Shelf, Now a rather cute Ball with little Knitted Tentacles, and button eyes. The Yarntopus

She grunts, Seems the Triplets are awake., She thought they might have been good, But seems they are restless, She cant blame them. She's not exactly been "Good", Constantly up and about. Even with the relaxing trips with the Family, She still misses going out and hunting.
Just to sink her teeth into Something

Peeping into the Bedroom once again, She Wife has gone back to sleep. At least one of them gets some decent rest.

Only a Month or so to go. And only a few days until her birthday. She waddles in, still getting used to the additional weight, its going to throw her off hard when she finally goes back out.

Still need to get that darn Cot. And see if that Toy-box is finished. And the Tarp, And play-Pen and Rocking Wolf And...

She drifts back to Sleep, House Tidied her work and domestics are done for the night.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri May 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Reflections of Power and Loss.

Meriam lies awake in her bed. staring at the ceiling, Its been a while since moving into the cottage from her burrow. she holds a hand out as her snoring wife turns over, stealing some of the covers once again. Her gaze settled on the Cot next to the bed. Then she looks once more to the ceiling, Unable to sleep in her own home.

Every time she thinks. Every time she has something good, Someone, Anyone, Will try and strip it away from her, And she will no longer let that feeling of pain. and Loss, and Sorrow for being unable to please both sides of an argument.

She has the power sure. She's never felt powerful, Even now laying secure with her wife and children. A pack of wolves guarding just about everywhere (Although, More likely sleeping like the lazy buggers they are) in the Cottage. Her strength to draw upon Natures strongest furies. And physically change to a form best suited for the task at hand.

Politically she's always had some power since coming to the Dale. Thanks to being recruited so early, She thinks what life may have been like if that never happened. Possibly an unmarked gravesite, possibly having left the Isle already. But she is glad to have found a family, a home and a people to protect and care about. She knows she will Die someday protecting them. But she'll see the next generation ready to take that mantle before she lets herself rest.

Mayor of the Dale, Strongest Hawk'in defender. One of the deepest Wolf-Bonds on the Isle. None of these matter, She has the power sure. She has never used any of it, From before being a Defender, As a Sheriff, Ambassador of Bendir and now even as Mayor. She's used little, and only whenever neccessary. And only with the approval of the Dale.

Hard Choices require those willing to make them. And she has never had a heart, even this second one that beats in her chest. Able to come through when it counts. Always second guessing, Always judging and watching instead. Others wanting to step up to make those decisions for her like always. And she always prevented them. Why she does not know.

Looking back, And looking up at her hand. She knows she has more power physically and politically in the Dale than any other who resides here now. She finally has the grit to use it. Its tipped her over, The last branch on her giving tree is the only one left she can sit on. And one Kin is to blame, Even now she wonders what Katie Popkins is planning, She's a talented Playwrite, a Poor Hin though.

Blindness when it comes to tradition and the laws of the gods is for Paladins who have their heads somewhere rather unpleasant. Traditions by definition change, as they are passed down from generation to generation, To never change or add or take away from them is to become stagnant, Wither and eventually crumble.

Its in her Dogma, - Work within what already is, and evolve and change it for the better. - Sheela Peryroyl

loss, She will miss the challenge, but not the endless headaches, the political fallout, the endless tirades and the holding back of the hordes whom want to Lynch Katie. Nor will she miss the way she wields tradition and the Hin-way as a weapon. And as a shield once she angers anyone. She's done protecting her from her own actions, The strong must protect the weak and those unable to protect themselves. She's not going to stop the Wolf who's tail has been pulled one too many times....Not for the hundreth time

No....What is coming, She set it into motion. It brings her no pleasure, But small comfort in the knowledge that should it come to pass....When it comes to pass, Her children. The Dale, And her people will finally be free of the lies, and twisted ideals of Katie.
In her heart she wishes it could be another way, But hundreds of chances have been given. All of them spat back in not only her face, But the communities. All of the Lies, Betrayal and endangerment of Kin.

That is why she has been invoked.

She looks at the window, dawn is breaking, Time to feed the children.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:56 am

Burying Kin.

It always comes down to burying kin, friends...Aqquantances. Yet more fools deciding to endanger Bendir's population
The innocents, The Woman and Children who try to live their lives peacefully.

My duty as mayor is not to play for the Whims of sodden sad individuals whom think themselves above the whole. Its to protect and keep the town running for the people who live here day in, day out. Thats our Hawk'ins Duty. to protect the Town and her people

Nobody seems to understand. Leading beasts into the middle of our town, Bringing in plague victims and Werewolves. giving Monsters "time" In the centre of our town and letting those who try to harm us go free.

That puts me in no danger. It puts most of our veterans in no danger. But what happens when a Displacer is lured into town by some bloody adventurer wanting coin, And it mauls a child. or worse?

Reperations should be had for the Innocents.

Because they will suffer for the decisions of fools and the uncaring. Not us, Not the ones trying to protect them.

*The Page stops abruptly, And it seems to start being spattered with tears*

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:11 pm

A Hin, A Wolf, An Elemental and a Dragon all walk into a bar

Sits down and orders a few rounds from Oleg, Grimacing as she splashes some of the whisky onto her sealing wounds.

The Ear will take a while to sew back together, Nose can be snapped back into place. Damage to the eyes dont' matter much anyhow, considering she's been going blind for the past few years

Broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder will be more a struggle, especially when her kids want to play. all she needs is a few days to recuperate after all. But thats hard to do with a full household, let alone the interruptions that keep dragging her out. Wearing her down

She's been through worse, She'll be fine. Its only damage to the body after all

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:25 am

A Slice of Life

The Sunlight creeps in from the window With a stretch and a yawn, Maya sits up turning to the side to look for her wife, Once again absent from the comfort of their bed. She rubs at her eyes leaning over to lift a note. Yet another one with her wifes handwriting set on the pillow.

"Morning my sleepy darling, I've made the kids breakfast and left a little suprise for you too."

The X's and O's at the bottom of the page turn Maya's smile into a full toothy grin as she shifts her way to the edge of the bed. Tying her dark hair back into her regular ponytail before kissing the letter once, and setting it in the drawer with dozens of other goodmorning letters from her wife.

"Well, I should go and see what mess the kids have made for me today" She thinks to herself, opening the bedroom door after dressing in a gown. Her grin stretches even further as the smell of warm apple and cinnamon pie, with a lingering undertone of freshly brewed coffee.

Quirking a brow as she hears giggling coming from the room next door, she creeps carefully across the carpeted landing, parting the curtain-door of the children's room, peeping her head in. Standing still for a few minutes watching the triplets play this early in the day.

Stifling a chuckle as ther son Neville turns finally noticing his mother, a look of disbelief on his face as he pulls a cuddly wolf-toy from Clara, and without missing a beat slowly hands it back. Without ever taking his eyes from Maya, She cant help but let out a soft laugh at the poor boys bashful expression.

"When you three are done cleaning up this mess, I want you all downstairs for breakfast, Kay' loves?"

She turns to head down the stairs of the cottage, trotting happily despite the groans and moans of the triplets starting to clean their room. Passing a loose cuddly Octopus knitted from yarn she bends to pick it up to set it on the table at the bottom of the stairs. A nice suprise for whichever triplet makes it to breakfast first.

She purses her lips, Turning to yell back up the stairs

"MAKE YOUR BEDS TOO!"

After several more minutes the three rather grumpy children descend the stairs, their smiles returning when they notice that Mamma' Meriam has made them all breakfast today.

Sipping at her Coffee and setting down the slice of breakfast apple pie. She looks out the Window and chuckles gently to herself, noticing her wife out in the field, chasing off a passing Bendirian badger who took a liking to their strawberry bushes.

"Its going to be another great day"

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:07 pm

A quiet night

Bated breath
The rush of the breeze
A rustle underfoot
A motion
Then a leap

CRUNCH

The locking of jaws
The snap of Bone
The throes of death
The essence of life fading
The body goes still

All of these things rush through ones mind before one leaps.
Yet the act takes only a few brief heartbeats
A victorious hunt
A reward of meat, bone and hide

Dinner does taste much sweeter when one has brought it down yourself.

She had better get it back to the Den
It should last a few days, a Week if she preserves some of it

She looks forward to the next hunt
And the next kill

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Dear Diary - 20th of the 10th month - Marpenoth (Leafall) Year 143

This month is historic in more than a few ways Diary. And not just to myself

For a start, Guldorand finally became independent from the Dominion. Alice and Laura, Everyone from Guldorand worked so hard to earn that. I couldn't be happier for them, Though I still miss Scarlett, Jasper and Mabel. I'm sure they would be happy Guldorand is finally "free"

Bendir and the Horde celebrated the long friendship I and so many others like Mudagog, Ohan Hhar, Andy too many have worked towards the friendship we shared. A brawl (Certainly Orcish, Though I did win mine) And enough Pie to feed a giant (Though not half the orc-bloods that attended!) A boat ride on their ship!

Then another call to action.. Another Vampire taking Kin into their Thrall, Pulled by a member of their group I helped free the poor lass and kill the Vampire-lord whom took her.

Note to self, Being Disintegrated and hit by Wild magic sucks. Try to kill Arch-Wild mage Vampire lord Necromancers faster
Double note to self. Wild mages (Even vampire ones) Die when you break their Spine and Impale them on spikes after removing their head

Oh. I came up with some new apple Pie recipes

For this one you need the regular Sweet-pastry Recipe
3-5 apples (Stewed into a sauce, Preferably chunky)
1 Bushel of sweetberries (2-3 per Pie)
1 Teaspoon of Cinnimon

You mix the Apple-Puree with peeled, diced Sweetberry and stew together. Whilst adding the Cinnamon (Dont add sugar, With the sweetberries it will over-sweeten it)

Mix in some lemon juice rather than water in the Pie-base and you have a very sweet but delicious Pie.

But the best news of all? Other than Penny's arm is no longer broken and she's learning to pick the lock on our Cookie jar.
(note to self, Order stronger locks for cookie Jar)

Clara's reading more and more books. Faster than I can reasonably buy them
Neville is just playing like normal. Though he seems fond of the wooden sword his Uncle brought him (What is it with little boys and wooden swords?)

Best news. I'm finally going to Marry the woman who's still the Hin of my dreams. Its been seven? years of being handfasted, I cant wait to Marry her properly

I think that is it for today Diary. Its getting late and I need to put the kids to bed.
After they do their chores of course.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:33 am

Before Dawn

A white haired Hinnish mother of three, wakes up and rubs the sleep from her eyes.
She takes in a few deep breaths to clear her airways, and turns to lay an affectionate kiss on her wipes shoulder.
Slipping her way out of the covers, she will pull on the same simple clothes worn for years. And make her way downstairs.

She takes some ingredients from the kitchen cupboards; and begins the daily process of rolling and making fresh dough.
Once done, she will place this dough into an enchanted chilling box. And await the next morning for it to rise.

With the risen dough from yesterday fully proofed. She will cut and form it into four seperate loafs, and set them in to bake.
After cleaning, and smiling as her children have once again "forgotten" to pick their toys from the lounge, She packs them away.

Dawn

Having spent the two hours preparing freshly baked bread, pressing juice, frying bacon and mixing porridge. With the breakfast table set; and house tidied. She makes her way upstairs to wake her triplets, and her wife.

As she plants a kiss on each forehead, Breakfast having quickly been devoured by hungry hungry hins. She gives her wife another hug, and steps out from the door, once changed into her regular adventuring apparel.

Taking in a breath of Guldorands fresh, mountain air, She heads to check the news, picking up a pebble, and stepping through a portal into the leylines.

Noon

Her breathing has become ragged, with intense magical regeneration coursing through her.
Ribs snap back into place, and punctured holes in her small frame knit back together.

Adjusting her glasses, and having gained a second wind. She transforms into a blazing elemental, and steps once more into the fray

An adventurers life is not easy, Nor is a druids. She muses over a hard won battle, though the riches and coin are not much by mosts standards, keeping the economy going by crafting wands, and selling them on to more needful adventurers.

It keeps the gold turning, And it keeps her family in at least, basic luxuries, Though quite a sum of it will become a charitable donation, to ensure the folks in her new home have the same amenities.

In either case, she steps through another portal. Pack clinking with new riches, and she relaxes in the Towers cafeteria, ordering some tea and sandwiches.

The Afternoon

She spends reading back at home, with her shop stocked and regular checks done; setting down her book to investigate why her children have fallen eerily silent.

mounting the stairs, she can tell why. With her youngest having a cut knee, and it being rather clear from the bloodstain now decorating her wardrobe, they decided to climb, and unfortunately slip on the varnished wood.

Lifting her youngest, and holding her tight, she chides the three hinlets softly as she cleans the cut, and bandages it. Wiping away tears in their eyes, she holds them close before brining them back downstairs, and having them "watched" (More akin to playing) with their aunt.

Dinnertime

Fresh venison, caught in the cordorian frontier and expertly butchered, having much of it turned into jerky, the feast before the family of four hin is quite a lavish one, at laest by human standards.

With handcut steak, buttery roasted potatoes, grilled ripplebark mushrooms and too many sides to really list, she breaks some bread and puts it on each of the triplets plates, and then shares the remaining pieces with her wife.

They say a prayer to Sheela Peryroyl and to Cyrollalee; before tucking into the meal.

Evening rest

Having taken her triplets for a walk around Guldorand, they sit behind their house. As she points out the different constellations in the fading night sky.

Wrapping her son and two daughters in blankets, and setting some hot cocoa into their hands. They begin a lesson of the planets beyond Toril, courtsy of one Namfoodle whom taught their mother.

Before long however, snoring is the elegant solution the triplets take, to avoid having to write anything down. And so are carried back inside, and tucked into bed.

Late

Changing out of her home clothes; the White-haired Hinnish mother of three turns and steps into the waiting warm bath waters her wife had lovingly filled. She pushes a rose petal towards the Dark-haired hin before her, and snickers before relaxing and soaking the days worries away.

After drying off, the two then head to bed, blowing out the candle and tucking in for the night, the Hin smiles as an arm pulls her closer to her wife. And she drifts to a restful nights sleep.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 pm

If life is art, and great art comes from pain, Then mine must be a breathtaking mosaic of shattered pieces

Chapter One: Arrival and Rebirth

[A Sketch of a large ship rests on the first page. With sails full of wind and heading into the distance, A young skinny looking hin and a wolf stand on a dock. Watching the Ship dissapear]

I first stepped foot onto the Arelithian Archpeligo thirteen years ago as of the beginning of this book. Early in the year 132.

I arrived in Brogendenstien, This was before a proper dock was put in. And after making my groggy way up the slopes to the Hearthhouse that stood in the mountain village, I found work alongside my sister Sherry. Catching rats in the Mill-house and clearing out undead rising in their crypts.

It took only a few days for me to discover the portal laying outside the dwarvern hold was to the town of Bendir Dale. And that is where my journey on Arelith truly began, With a tour by the lovely Priestess of Cyrollalee Aphia around the village.

It was a fresh morning when I asked if I could set up a tent in the Dale to sleep out of. I chose a cozy spot near a tree and the river, near the lower bridge, it was there that fine morning when I first joined the Hawk'in of Bendir Dale under Commander Kera Nutcracker.

I journeyed with a few other new Kin on the Isle, and trained under the fine Captain Tana, whom was a dancer of Shadows, I met many people whom I would come to not only call friends, but be willing to call them family. That was what the Hawk'in once was, not an organisation just to guard the Dale. But a Family, we did not have to get along with one another, but we did have to work well in either case. Too many people just seek to drive away those annoyances and grievances instead of attempting to work together.

Within the first few Tendays of my joining, A fey known as Cackles led a mob of villagers against me, after I denied its request to kill the great Badger. One of the largest decisions I have made on this crazy Island was to deny an Unseelie the death of its hated foe. And with that I damned a Hinnish Elder I had not met, Except another new kin to the Isle took the bargain. And thus the badger was slain and the life of Andriarna Dirtytoes was spared, I knew not of this until many months later.

I was quite the foolish girl when I was younger. And I rose in power and through the Hawk'in ranks until I was sheriff, Along with my sister and a close friend in Selena Moss. Under the mentorship of Glinda Glitterbrook, and with the advice from Xellree; Archdruid of the heartwood grove, I learned what it meant to not only be a Druid but to be a defender of life

But rising in power tends to make you fall quite hard, and fell I did. A year after I set foot on these Isles I was an entirely different Hin to the one whom arrived, She was stronger, wiser and had people she could depend on. And she could not control that strength which overflowed in her, She had not the tethers to withstand it.

Catastrophe struck when I rented a boat and set out to sea, intending to try my luck on some of the surrounding islets. I was asleep and adrift, There were no crew for the small boat I rented. And In my sleep I shifted into a fire elemental form, and drowned in the sea.

[A Sketch of a burning ship, and what looks to be a scrambling fire elemental trying desperately not to be quenched by a vast, unending ocean]

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Chapter Two : From Ashes

[A Sandy beach and a ragged, washed up looking Hin lies face first in the sand, shattered pieces of wood lay strewn around her]

I washed ashore a few days after the boat sank. I was in physical and mental shock and chose to seal away what strength I had gathered and put my training in the Hawk'in to better use. I set back to training with these restraints and came away from it many, many moons later far stronger than I ever would have been if not for it.

Following my inadvertent drowning I put myself back to work, focused entirely on becoming stronger so another tragedy like that would not happen again. And I made many friends along the way, unfortunately many of them have since passed on. Including my Mentors Glinda, and Xellree, though I came into contact with. And helped perhaps the most confusing and confused gnome I have ever met, and likely ever will meet in my Life

Wotan Woodberry
From the outright he introduced himself as a Hero, and we shared Tales. Mine from my adventures on the sword coast, Him from the Spriggan War; And we ended up becoming friends. He was a haunted Gnome, But he put honour and virtues of a good man first.

All the more tragic when he failed to protect his mentor and one of the True Hero's of the Spriggan War, Warden Torland Ironfoot, Also known as "Warden Smith" from being cut down by the gnome known as Terto Tarquin.

Following on from that, he fell into a deep depression of which he would not bathe, eat and only drank hard liqour. Wether he was trying to kill himself, or others around him from the smell I cannot know, But I could not stand to see somebody who stood so tall and proud fall so far and refuse to take care of himself. So I did it for him, I bathed, Fed and helped him get out from his depression. And with others we helped him get the Nightmares he had of the Spriggan War under control.

This I will come to regret in time, For he was not haunted by those nightmares. Nor should I have helped him stand tall, for he was riding on the backs of others the entire time. Something that he then continued to do.

During my re-training I was promoted from Defender to Sheriff in the Hawk'in and from there, I ended up finding something I never thought I would have.

Love

[A Sketch of a large Wolf laying in a field of Daisies finish the chapter off.]

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Chapter Three : Love and Hemmoraging

During my time as a Sheriff of Bendir, I came to know one of the commanders daughters, Fayna Nutcracker.

I had an infatuation with her, and after some months of courting and having asked permission from the commander (As I did not wish to make things awkward) we started a semi-casual relationship. Due to her harsh upbringing as a slave, she did not particularly have a concept of kindness, nor of love. But I gave her my heart entirely and attempted to show her what a peaceful joy filled life could be.

And then she ran for mayor.

She asked me to become her ambassador of the Dale, and I accepted for a variety of reasons. Most pertaining to the fact I was in a relationship with her, during my time as ambassador I worked hard on solidifying the damaged relations we had with Brogendenstien which was rather successful. Our relations went well, during a stressful time of isle-wide political fallout.

Life was good, and everything seemed to be going well. But something festered in Fayna, something dark and grim. And I for some reason could not see it, I was blinded by my love. And that relationship turned manipulative and for lack of a better word; Abusive

She started berating my friends, people who I fought alongside time and again, She tossed my work out of the window because she disliked something in it. It was painful and I never realised it, because I loved her and I felt it was my fault, that I was either not working hard enough, or that I was deserving of the beratement.

This came to a head after a fateful, horrible day.

The Battle of Stonehold

Some may have heard of it, some may have not. But the forces of Anundor under Ezra Murann and Vance Gravalle were gathering inside the ruins of old stonehold. A multitude of Demons, Devils, Undead and foul creatures of the Underdark were preparing to assault the surface. Their target unknown but wherever it was, would likely have suffered a devestating attack.

The forces of good, consisting of members from Brogendenstien, The Dale, Myon, Darrowdeep and even some Tower members. learned on this gathering, and gathered to launch a pre-emptive assault to lay waste to their forces. We outnumbered them, We were fully warded. And we had the element of surprise.

And it all went horribly wrong.

We stormed into the throne room, looking back we could have assaulted from two directions at once for more success. But people started to be cut down immedietely as they entered, over half our forces were unable to join in the fray. And some of our strongest combatents were cut down.

It was unequivocally a loss. During the battle I engaged with two Drow mages, as I tried to target their backline to prevent them from raining spells on my allies. What I did not expect was a spell that sent around 80 percent of my Air Essence (I was in the form of an air elemental at the time) into the plane of air, An attempted half-banishment. I am lucky that it did not rip me in half, I did not realise the true extent of the damage until around a tenday later, when the healing effects from mass heal spells wore off.

This was the battle when the Thane of Brogendenstien, Ghestaldt Blimth was captured. And marched through the Under city as a "Trophy". The idea of that disgusts me, Thankfully our forces and the Thane were rescued; And the battle of Stonehold was a single off-key note in our victorious war against the vile forces of the deep.

How my Insides became my outsides

Pardon the gratuitious header for this segment, But that is for lack of a better word. What happened to me for the spell I was hit by in Stonehold.

The "air essence" that was torn from me, equated to most of the bodily organs, muscle, bone and other neccesary bits for things to stay alive, And because of my unshifting from elemental form and flooding with positive healing energy, They stayed gone.

I had no Ribs, guts, kidneys, Anything. It was a miracle I was even alive, Thank all of Yondalla's children for that, I had a lot of healing in the following months. Physical, Spiritual, Mental, I was incapacitated to the point of being unable to walk. Only constant regeneration, Energy siphoning (excess positive is a bad, bad thing) and the support I had from friends and family kept me alive.

During that time, I was helped back to my house one night, and sat, talked and "relaxed" (as much as I could being in agony) with the Samman I called a brother, Gorudan of clan Vintergard. He was worried about me, they all were; But Fayna came barging into our semi-shared home (She had her own as well) And then started to yell at my brother about the Halls.

In pain, and fed up. I drew in what air I could with half-regrown lungs, and I yelled, I yelled at her to get out. I cant remember what exactly was said, but it was...bad, Gorudan left afterwards as did Fayna. And I was left alone laying in front of the fireplace, weeping.

Fayna dissapeared after that incident effectively, only to reappear years later.

[A Whitehaired Hin, surrounded by smears of blood, lies on a couch infront of a crackling fireplace. Tears flow freely from her eyes, while her expression speaks of great pain]

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Chapter Four : They Elected a dying woman

After Fayna's disappearance, among other challenges the Dale faced at the time. One of which I will not write, for I shall not give her the satisfaction of appearing in this book.

She was Mayor of Bendir at the time, and we were effectively leaderless. And it was suggested by many, Having recovered enough to just about walk around with heavy use of a support staff; for me to run as Mayor. The other option at the time was Wotan Woodberry

So I ran, and I won in a landslide; as far as I know Wotan only had one vote which was himself. He later became the Hawk Commander of Bendirs guard force. And I settled into mayorship as best I could

I still have nightmares of the endless paperwork. Being unable to head to the Dales defence at the time, and hardly being able to leave. I focused on the internal needs of the Dale, while undergoing surgeries and the continued healing I needed to stay alive. I was effectively a dead woman walking; and yet I was mayor for five years.

During my time as Mayor, we aided the Brogendenstien Dominion in their war against the Underdark, We came to have many allies. The dale flourished with many new Kin, and I opened our home up to those who wished to defend it like we did. During my terms the isle of Skal'Jard had their refugees come to Arelith and many of them became close friends, and came to call the Dale home.

Being mayor was never about me wanting to have power, or me wanting to be mayor. It was stressful, there were people trying to control and influence all of my decisions; and when a decision happened they did not like they outright attacked me verbally and sometimes physically. I'm still standing, and I remain true to my values that never wavered. I was not mayor for myself, and I never want to hold power just for the sake of it; or my own gain.

I have only ever wanted to make peoples lives better, to let them enjoy life and find something that truly makes them happy without having to worry about politics, beurocracy and oppression. Perhaps that is why some thought my "Reign" was soft, because I refused to follow their advice of being harsher and exiling those who opposed me.

I stand by that if I had done so, and I had started to abuse the powers the good folk of Bendir entrusted me with; I would be little more than a tyrant. Which is why I had people who realised that in the offices of my government, and not those who would want to twist those positions to their own gain.

To any future mayors, or politicians; anywhere on the Isle. Do it for your people, and for your city; Not for yourself or selfish desires

Mayor for five years, and through all the pain it put me through. I would do it again

My Healing

Thanks to a lot of close friends at the time, people who I would come to call family. and a very special person who supported me through the entire, dire and painful process of healing from the stonehold battle. I came to be healthy once again.

performing a ritual on Celestia once the regeneration magics started to fade in effectiveness. Which finalised in my internal injuries, wounds and what I thought was permanent damage. Healed it all, including the infertility I suffered from a wound I gained in childhood falling out of a tree.

Because of the struggles I went through, and the healing that came from it. I was not only gifted my own life back; able to do the things I used to. But I was also gifted the ability to bring life into being, something that had been taken from me because of a terrible accident.

And because of that, And because of someone who helped me through the darkest times during the process.

I found happiness once more

[A white haired Hin sleeps with her head resting on a Desk. surrounded by stacks and stacks of paperwork. a lot of it has fallen to the floor judging by the papers absolutely everywhere]

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am

Chapter Five - Love and Handfasting

An aside from the cheesy title. The aforementioned love last chapter was none other than someone I'd call my soulmate if not more than that.

Maya Nutcracker. Now Maya Fuzzypaw after our marriage some years after we met, She helped me the most through the dark times of healing and recovery, Through all the pain and sorrow, the tired nights and endless paperwork. She stood by my side and was always a beacon of hope, joy and most importantly love.

Truly I was more in love with her than I ever realised, We both did not quite know it in the beginning, But eventually in the quiet moments I began to notice things, The way she curled a lock of hair around a finger, and occasionally nibbled on it.

The way she ate whatever I cooked and said it was the best thing she'd ever eaten. The way she held my hand while we sat watching the snow. Ever moment I spent with her was a diabolical trap to make me fall deeper and deeper in love.

I gave her what fragments of my heart I had left, and she put them back together, and better yet, gave me hers in return. I cannot truly express just how much I have loved, love and will continue to love her.

Enough so that we came to a conclusion that we both wanted children, and thankfully due to some magical aid, eventually had three wonderful children with.

Handfasted life with her was and still is the best experience I've ever had. and I would never give it up for the world.

I hit a stride being Handfasted with kids, The Mayorship went well, the Raids died down, We were almost on the brink of having a renewal of the Earthkin Alliance thanks to Thane Blimth.

I lost an election thanks to it being a three-way split. half of my supporters voted for someone else, and then regretted it in the following year.

It took a while, and my sister Tabitha was mayor but eventually lost to the needfull power-hungry grasp of folk who'd rather see Bendir under their thumb than be successful.

Following my subsequent Exile from Bendir, thanks to the then-administration (Not my sister mind) deciding to run my name through the mud and claiming I'm worse than the Drow that come up once a tenday t'eat babies.

I moved to Guldroand, Where I'm still happily married and enjoying life to the fullest.

There is a lot in this small book which could easily be expanded upon....But it is always better to get the truth from someone's own mouth. And come to your own conclusions.

The End - For now

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Mountainhome

One...Two...Three

Yep, All three kids are upstairs playing. Wife is in the corner reading and she cant decide on what to make for dinner again.

She supposes to go for the classic, and favourite fallback option. Musing on how many times she's made it.

Bending over and flipping a bowl onto her counter, pouring some homeground flour into it, mixing with a pinch of finely crushed seasalt.

After a while she sets in whats left of the butter into the mixture, and rubs it in with the rest of the bowl-mix. Reaching down into her icebox to get some cold water out, before pouring and pressing it all together into a firm pastry

Rinsing off her hands, she goes through the cabinets and cant decide on wether Apple or Cherry filling. Thankfully she has stewed jars of both ready. An easy solution however....

Raising her voice slightly, she yells up the stairs

Apple or Cherry Pie for dinner tonight?

Listening carefully to the conspiratorial whispering, before she finally gets an unanimous answer

Apple!

Nodding to herself, and blowing a kiss to her startled wife in the corner she turns back, and sets the apple to one side. Before she crimps and cuts the pastry into her dish. Filling it to below the brim she cuts a small amount of pastry from the top for heat to escape, and sets it into the oven to bake.

Tapping her chin, she checks the stewed apple jar, and sighs. walking over to her wife to have the label read. Cursed glasses will need a stronger enchantment soon

Yes love, this jar does have cinnamon mixed in.

Good, means she doesent have to rescue the Pie to add some. With a quick stolen kiss on the cheek she leaves her wife to read again. And heads to set up the table, Five plates, five sets of cutlery and five drinks of water.

Looking back over to the Wife, she checks the oven once before headed upstairs and checking on the Kids.

Anarchy as usual, she muses opening the door to their room. Looking around with a Much put-on drill sargeants expression. She runs a finger over the dresser, no dust. Parades around, hands behind her back (Much to the triplets amusement) before she turns. and raises a brow. Hoping she's still got it from the Sheriff-days
Neville, Clara, Penny. You three ready for dinner?
Yes Mum!
Are you sure? I still see a lot of toys not away, and none of you have washed hands. Hrmm?
With a grin, and a raised brow. A slight tap of her foot is all it takes to have the three Hinlets scurry to pack away their toys. A few dolls, a wooden sword and the once fine set of three cuddly toys. Much chewed, and despite the maintenance have ended up rather ragged. All hastily packed away to be retrieved after dinner. They line up, beaming an impish grin each at her once packed.
Hands?
A shift of her weight onto the other foot, a crossing of her arms, and a burst of laughter from trying to keep it up. To wit the triplets then join in on.
Cmon' you three go wash your hands. I'll fetch the pie from the oven and then we can all listen to your mother read a story eh?
They head downstairs, A small scolding to Penny who decides jumping the entire way is a sensible idea. And a fall on her rump as rewarded effort. She'll not do that again soon (Hopefully) Meriam thinks.

Shouldent be much longer for the pie to be ready, So she heads over to lock the door for the night before dinner. Whilst the trio are washing their hands. She calls over to her wife again
Going to wash your hands too love?
A roll of the eyes and an exaggerated grunt as her wife walks over to join the queue of hand washing, She wishes they had a second basin of water like the old cottage. But you make do.

A fine pie, fresh and hot from the oven. Firm pastry topped with powdered sugar, she dishes a large slice to each plate. And brings out the fresh cream. By the time she can pour her own for the pie, half her families pie's are packed away, and theres no cream left!

Bah, She'll pour first next time, With a smile she digs in, Looking over at the Dens-Chair, Sherry looking over with big begging eyes
What?
She's probably hungry too mum!
Chimes Neville.
Smart child, As usual. Of course I'm hungry sister. It is dinnertime
Well come and get the last slice then!
A poke of the tongue out at her Wolfish sister, and a small snort of indignation from the noble beast. Before it bounds over and greedily rescues the remaining pie slice from hinnish hands.

Another smiling shake of her head, before the whole family now settles down to finish off their dinner.

She catches Clara's eye, mouthful of Pie as it were, like Clara wanted to ask a question.
A swallow
Yes Clara? What is it hon?
W...Well Mum you..
Clara grows quiet, a slight blush and a smile
What did I forget dear?
She smiles back, her eldest's shyness is adorable sometimes.
You... Forgot to wash your hands...
The Laughing at the table hardly subsides until after Meriam walks back from washing her hands, chuckling herself despite the blush.

Perhaps after dinner they can enjoy a nice story...

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 am

The Great Cookie Caper

SMASH

Ohh Clara you Broke it! A Brash young voice exclaims, a sound of fear in his voice.

Mom's are gonna come back and see it all smashed up! The Youngest sibling chimes, looking around for an escape route.

Shh! We just have to hide it, then they wont know! Spoke the Eldest. And soon they agreed to this Plan

So they searched High and Low, The Son sweeping up the broken remains, Whilst the sisters debate on a hiding spot.

Soon they chose to stash the shattered pieces of the houses one-fine Cookie Jar, often thefted from by each of them. Believing themselves sly.

Behind a Bookshelf, where Surely none could find it. They even took three books to read, to explain why the books had been moved.

Unfortunately for them, A Gut feeling had developed in their mothers stomachs. Who came home early from their trip out to Bendir. Returning home to an unusually silent household...And a missing Cookie jar, it tends to make two Hins very suspicious.
Especially with how rambuncious their home tends to be!

They quickly discovered the broken remains of the cookie jar, behind the bookshelves. Tutting not only for the wasted food, But also the crumbs left on the shelf.

Opening the door into the Childrens bedroom. They came upon a curious sight, Three little Hin with guilty faces, all being exceptionally studious with their chosen books. But had made a small yet fatal mistake...

Penny Dear... Their mother Chimed Your book is upsidown.

And with that, Their other mother stepped forwards into the room, to slowly set down the broken cookie jar onto the dresser next to the Door. With a dissapointed look on their faces, then turn away with but one more thing said together...

If you three have anything you would like to tell us, We will be downstairs.

And with that, and a click they shut the childrens room's door. And grinned cheekily to one another, snickering lightly as they stepped downstairs. Knowing that the trepedation would be punishment enough for this small mis-deed

And thus the Triplets debated amongst themselves, whispering in hushed tones. Rapid voices and much finger pointing of Blame, From who's plan it was, to who has the buttery fingers!

But soon, a plan was decided. They would face the blame together, because they all had a hand in it. Grabbing some of their pocket money each, a mighty sum of roughly five soveriegns between them, What may have been spent or saved up for a new toy or set of sweets. And they headed downstairs with it in hand.

Uh... They exclaimed...Coming downstairs to find both mothers, sitting with arms crossed, and brows raised.

We're sorry we broke the cookie jar mom's... We want to pay to replace it...It was an accident!

First of all dears, Were any of you hurt? One mother asks

No?....

Then you are not in trouble, And you dont need to pay for a new jar. But next time, Dont hide it from us? or at the very least, hide it far better~

With a chuckle from both parents, and hearts set at ease. A new jar was fetched from the attic. And the household was pleased.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 pm

An Adventure of Sorts

Somewhere within the Misty peaks of Guldorand, a dark-haired Hin stands from her bed. Stretching upwards as the covers fall from her, With small "Pops" coming as her shoulders relax once more.

Turning, she looks over the sleeping Whitehaired hin stealing the now-released covers and curling tighter with them.
A faint breath of elation leaves her with a smile, as she ties back her raven-locks into a loose ponytail. Moving and taking out the aging "Adventuring" equipment earned from what feels like a lifetime ago. Strapping a small buckler to her back, and tightening her wolfish-leathers.

With a "click" She slips out from the cozy bedroom, and peeks her head into the kids room, spying her target she steps forward..

A "SQUEEK" as she steps onto a toy, wincing and looking around at the shifting forms under their covers....One...two...

A tug on her cloak by tiny hands, It's their daughter Penny. Turning and crouching with a finger to her lips "Shhh" a smooch on the forehead, and a small explanation of an expedition leading to much pleading by the youngest of the family.

"Please, Please may I come with you? I wanna' help!" She whispers excitedly, Much to her mothers amusement.

"Alright Alright..." Her mother caves in. "But only if you promise to keep it a suprise~"

"Deal!" She exclaims far louder than meant to. A young lad turns over, away from the noise and buries his head back into the pillows they so comfortably rest upon. And a larger girl, lets out a yawn, rubbing her sleepy eyes before leaning to pick up her silvery-glasses.

Being stolen by her mother before she could say a peep, and carried out of the room with Penny in tow, Clara blinks a few times as they head downstairs. Opening her mouth to no doubt complain about being pinched from her warm bed and warmer dreams. Maya crouches and touches her nose to Clara's as she's set down.

"Get your cloak and footwraps, both of you, We are going to get some wood"

With a hurried excitement, and another yawn from Penny and Clara respectively. They dress from the clean clothes kept downstairs and bundle up warmly in their winter-coats. before all three step out of the door with a smile.

Maya hefting a Leaf-topped Spear, Penny adjusts her miniature bow and quiver to be more comfortable, Clara holding onto a wand given by her other mother. Before a loud Huff can be heard from Clara..

"Mum! It's still Dark, Why are we doing this so ~early~" She whines, Much to Maya's amusement.
"Simple, We want to be back before dawn!" She replies, unable to argue with such meticulous logic. The Trio bound to the gate with a spring in each step.

Stepping out from the relative safety of Guldorand, A moonlit night and a crisp crunch of fallen leaves underfoot lead onwards, as the three head down the mountain, crossing the massive bridge. A shadow stalks them from afar, Agile and ever-watching of the three Hin.

Gutteral rumblings, as an Ogre-raiding party doze by the lower mount, their campfire all but burnt out. A small wave of her spear, and the minds of the Ogres fall into a deeper sleep, such is their simplistic nature. With wide-eyes the two young girls stay a wary distance away from the Sentry-ogre that joins it's companions in their slumber.

They continue, coming to the rolling hills nearing Bendir, their moonlit walk uninterrupted as their mother sets to one knee, tapping on an aging tree, before nodding to herself and turning back to the chattering younglings behind her.

"This Tree's the one we want, see how the Bark is flaking off? and the branches higher up are snapped? Something damaged it, and it wont survive the next winter." She explains, leading to Clara writing that down into a small notepad, embossed with stars. And a slight roll of her eyes from Penny, before Maya motions for the children to step back, as she takes her spear, and draws a circle around the Tree.

A Sniff, and a narrowing of her eyes. Something was wrong....Something w....

"Mum! Look!" The two girls yelled in Unison, before they scarpered behind the Tree, Turning on her heel, flinging her cloak behind her to shield her daughters, A Massive Wereboar lets out a Grunt and kicks its hooven feet. Ripping turf from the ground and flinging it behind itself. The Tusks on it's face drenched with Gore, A full moon...

It must have followed them from the mountain pass, Cursing to herself for failing to make sure they were not tracked, She hefts the spear in front of herself and barks an order to the children

"Get awa-" Before an arrow whizzes past her head, to her surprise. And nails the Werebeast in the torso, moreso to it's annoyance as it swats the arrow, snapping it with ease. A Cry of annoyance leaves the Beast, And it charges.

"Move!" Their mother yells, Dipping low, and turning to dodge it's charge, Sending her spear outwards to try and hamstring the Boar, missing narrowly.

A Thudd, as the beast slams into the tree, causing it to topple. A Grunt and an Piggish rumble as it turns, swinging its arms Wildly knocking away the Spearwielding hin, The two youngsters having dove for cover. Now the Werebeast was cornered, not the other way around.

An incantation...

THWOOM The Air fills with sizzling as the deafening noise, followed with a flash scorch the Beast. Penny clutches her wand tightly, still pointing it at the Werebeast. As the smoke clears the Singed Boar lets out a pained Scream, A tinge of Copper in the air from the Lightning Strike.

Another arrow plants itself into the beasts thick hide, Only for a new smell to join the cacophony. Of Burning fur, A trick arrow taught by her aunt, Penny grins as the flames quickly overtake the Werebeast. Yet it's undeterred and only growing more angry at these annoyances.

Maya brings up her hands, Roots burst from the Soil at her coaxing. And wrap around the Werebeasts legs and arms, restraining it's mighty form. Another "Thwoom!" as Clara uses her wand again. As arrows continue to pepper the Screeching monstrosity.

Tearing at it's arms, and thrashing it's tusks to try and break free from it's bonds, A huge Blur of Grey streaks past the Trio, Bounding from the Cliff-wall they stand near. And launching directly at the Werebeast.

A Snarl, the sound of a massive Impact. And the sound of snapping Bone, The Grey-Blur tears the Beast from it's entanglement, and dives over the Cliff with it's jaws crushing around the Werebeasts Neck...

Silence, as the Trio blink in confusion as to what just happened, Unable to speak before a loud Crunch echoes from far below the Cliff.

Their mother sighs, and looks to the two children, before bending to make sure neither are injured. A few bumps and scrapes from their Diving, but otherwise unharmed. A prayer to Sheela Peryroyl, and a check over of herself, Before the two young girls start to babble elatedly over their "First Adventure!"

A proud smile on Maya's face, before she ahems, and motions to the now fallen tree. The two children going from joyful to shocked!

"Mum we cant carry that! it's too big!" They exclaim almost in unison.

Tussling their hair, Maya replies softly as the adrenaline leaves her system "It's fine you two, I'll carry it" Before she steps back, and then falls forwards. Her hands landing as two large paws, growing from a white to a grey, then a Black colouration as she stands upright. Her face shrouding in a green mist before the large Lupine form of hers shakes, and pads over towards the fallen tree.

Opening her massive jaws, and lifting the Tree as if it were but a Twig. The children rush to clamber up onto her back.

Making their way back up the Skull Crags, as the morning sun crests drenching the land in it's warming light. The girls hold on tight to the long-furred form of their mother. Passing the once-sleeping ogres, now the camp lay eerilie still. The Ogres having had their throats torn out by some predator no doubt.

Such is life upon the savage Skull Crags.

Carrying the Tree back into town. An odd sight, Two hinnish girls riding a Black wolf, Carrying a small tree padding towards a house.

Changing back, and brushing off some of the dirt from their outing. Stamping their feet on the Mat outside, before Maya stashes the Tree beside the house. Noting to prepare the wood before she uses it.

They open the door, only to be greeted with the often-found smell of baked bread.

Taking off their coats, and Leaving her spear by the entrance. Turning the corner towards the Kitchen, their White-Haired mother sits, one leg crossed over the other. A raised brow, and a sly smirk on her lips. Their brother looking over at the Trio with half a bread-roll hanging from his mouth.

"You three missed Breakfast"

A Timberwolf, Grey and black-furred licks at her wounds near the Fireplace. A wink shared between Maya, and the Grey-Blur of Sherry...

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 pm

A Reading by the Fireside

The slight sound of ruffling sheets come from the drying rack in the corner of the Fuzzypaw Kitchen.
Tidying the sheets and getting ready to carry the laundry basket upstairs to set them away. Before a wonderous suggestion popped back into The Hin's head....

She finishes the folding of clothes and sheets, and with a grunt and a huff, carries the basket up the long stairway...Why humans insist on building upwards with such long stairs she'll never understand.

Setting the basket down at the top of the stairs, She nods satisfied to herself, mud and grass-stains are far easier to get out than the usual adventurers fare of more visceral stains after all.

With a stretch and a yawn, The whitehaired Hin turns the corner into the Tented "Room" Upstairs in the Wolfwood hall, looking for a midnight-haired girl, whom she finds calmly writing into a diary, Doing her best to sneak up on the first daughter, It unfortunately fails rather miserably when a floorboard Creaks, causing a "Thwump!" of the diary, being shut and locked. Likely she thought it was a sibling coming to try and read what little secrets the family shares...

Instead, A smiling face and an offer

"Clara, Would you like to read me one of your favourite stories today? My eyes are aching" Says Mother Wolf

A Gasp of elation, And a sudden rush to the bookshelf. Where tiny hands scramble to pick the very favorite storybook

"This One, This one!" Clara exclaimed, finally lifting a large book in a rather worn state of affairs, having been no doubt read hundreds of times. And possibly sneezed into once or twice.

With a smile, They both settle down onto the numerous pillows in the room, Curling up slightly in her mothers embrace, the young Hin opens the book, and skips a few hundred pages. of artistic renditions and fairy-tales. Before coming to a firm stop on a tattered page, And she begins to read aloud, Whilst having her hair brushed. No sense in having idle hands after all.

"Brandobaris and the Big Mean Dragon"

"My Favourite too~"

"Shh!..... The story begins with a Strapping adventurous fellow called Brandobaris, With his coat of Green and pants of brown, His fuzzy toes and bare feet, He wanders from town to town with a cheer and grin! ... I like the picture too, Its of him walking next to a river Ma'"

"I'm sure its very pretty"

"Until one day, He came to a village in the shadow of a mountain, Of Small folk called Hin, hin like Him, and like us!.... Uh, And when he stopped at this village to share his wandering tales, He was warned away. For the Dragon who lived up on the big old mountain was a right Grouch! and demanded treasure every year from every villager, and if he stayed he'd have to pay the same!"

A smirk of amusement, As mother-Wolf starts to braid the young hins hair.

"Well Brandobaris dident like that one bit, Folk shouldent have to pay tribute to a big mean dragon, just because its big and mean he thought! So he devised a plan, To get the villagers all of their Gold and Things back!
There's a picture here of him pointing at a map on a table mum'
"

"Is it a big map?"

"No, but it has a dragon on it... Anyways, He spoke to the mayor, and he spoke to the guard, and he spoke to the baker, and bought a pack of cards. And up the mountain he went, to challenge the dragon for all his hoard, From this plan he would not relent""

Whoever rhymes Went with Relent is trying too hard, The whitehaired hin thought. But decided not to say, instead pulling her daughter closer, so she could braid her hair easier.

"As he neared the cave, A horrible smell. Like burning and smoke, Must be a red he thought. And in he went, cards in hand and spring in step. With no fear he all but strolled up onto the Dragon itself, before it opened its eyes and reared up to fwoosh him with its terrible flaming breath!"

"Fwoosh?"

" You know! like...uh" With a deep breath, the storytelling little hin, blew a great breath, and tried her hardest to mimic what a great fire-breathing dragon would sound like.

Unfortunately, having experienced it, Mother-Wolf could say it was a good effort, but far from the real thing, For one she did not have to put out any fires this time. But it still made them both grin to one another, and get back to reading the old Hinnish folktale

""STOP!" Brando yelled, And the dragon did, unsure of why, it lowered its head all red and ugly, And was delivered a challenge! Beat the Hin in a game of cards and win treasure, but lose and leave the mountain forever!"

"Did it accept?"

"Well...yeah, it says the Dragon in its vanity, accepted the challenge, growing the cards in size with magic, They settled down to play....what's blackjack?"

"I'll tell you when your older" Mother wolf said to a huff in response.

"So the Hin played the Dragon, for hours and hours, Every time the Dragon lost, it demanded a rematch. Until a whole day had passed! Until finally after the hundreth game, None of which the dragon won, It conceded defeat. But being a sly old Wyrm, the Big Ugly Red said : You might have won, But I'm taking my hoard with me! And with a flourish and flick of its tail, it turned....To an Empty cave, where mountains of treasure once stood!"

"Is there a picture?"

"Yep! Its of the big red dragon looking confused, and Brando in the background of it with a massive grin!" Clara grinned to herself, knowing what came next.

"The Dragon turned again, Angry at Brandobaris. The Hin must have stolen his treasure! And sensing the Wyrms anger, The Hin held up his cards and said "I won a hundred games fair and square, Now you have to leave, and take your treasure with you!"

"I wonder where the treasure went?" Mother wolf grinned, finishing tying her daughters braids.

"It says the Dragon flew away, to find a new mountain, having to get its hoard of treasure from scratch again.....And with a skip and a jump Brandobaris went back down the mountain, to a Village now rich with Gold.....
In his meetings with the Mayor and guard, He told them to sneak in while distracting the Dragon, and Wheel out all the gold they could take...just not to make any noise!
"

"Clever"

"Mmm! And So He left the town a Hero, and with a few more coins in his purse, A belly full of mead and bread, Set back to the road for the next adventure. The En-" The Tired young girl yawned, Only to find a blanket being wrapped over her.

"The End... Can we have a nap?"

"Sure can little one, Just rest your eyes. I'm not going anywhere either."

And with a wave of her hand, The lanterns went out, and the book was set on the nearby table. Settled down after a good story, and a few good hours before she'd have to start dinner. Mother and Daughter took a nap.

One dreamed of Dragons and treasure, The other of bread and Long roads.

The End

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Long Roads

Wheels creak and bump as a rather large Caravan makes its way down the Trade Road towards the High Forest. None would give it a second glance, If it were not pulled by two Horse-Sized Wolves, Untiring and continuing their pace through each day and each night.

A White-haired hin sits at the front of the caravan, A series of wands resting within fast reach, her gaze relaxed watching the road ahead, as the wolves lead the caravan back...back Home, She wonders what she has missed in over twenty years away.

Sufficed to say she is a much-changed person, A veteran of combat, both political and physical, A far cry from the skinny girl who washed up on Arelith's shores

Within the Caravan, faint snoring can be heard as the sun crests over the top of the nearby woodlands. Shifting the curtains and heading back inside the sizable interior. She smiles, a Caravan this size would have cost ten times as much on the Isle, Even so she likely overpaid for it.

Nevertheless She heads over to the luxurious interior stove-top, and lowers the porridge she set to cook a few hours prior. Pouring out five bowls, she sets four down on the table, and rings a small bell hanging from an overhead cabinet. Returning to her seat at the front of the Caravan, She watches the brook babbling as they cross over a bridge, eating a spoonful of porridge and leaning back.

Hoping the long road ahead will be as uneventful as the trip was thus far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rushing by, each branch and leaf rustle underpaw as the bushes are the only thing t hat notice the presence of the large wolf which follows the caravan. Rushing on forwards, leaping over ditch and brook. She runs and leaps onto the back of the Caravan. And settles down to sleep as four smiling members of her family wake and smell the scent of breakfast in the air. She lowers her head, Until two much smaller folk, settle down and begin to snore cozily, nestled into the best bed on the caravan. Their Auntie.