Meriam's Journal

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meriam's Journal

Post by Mythic » Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Where else but Home?

A Sizeable Garden with bountiful flowers lies in front of a large Burrow. The candlelight from within giving the circular windows a warm amber glow, Though night has fallen. It seems some Hin have yet to head to bed.

Sheela's Nightgown girl!, Your tellin' me that yer' been raising 'em three scamps on an Island like that?!
Thats correct, Uncle
She smiles, taking a polite sip of her Tea, Shifting her feet somewhat as they rest atop her warm, dozing sister.
H...how long will ye' be staying fer? I'd like t'spend more 'en a day or two wit' me' grandkids y'know Merry
Fifteen, Maybe twenty days if thats alright Uncle, It'd give them a taste of hin life...not beset by
Beset by thin's outta' Nightmares? Ye' know I helped fight a dragon once....But tha' island, Who'd live there?
Folk who've got no other place to go? S'weird Uncle....y'never quite think about leaving.
Ye' mean Loonies Girl, Sounds like s'one of th'nine hells, ye' sure ye' wanna' go back?
I gotta' go back Uncle, I've work still to be done, and...I dont much think Me or the Wife would fit in over here for long.
Considerin' the size of that Wagon 'an yer pack, I woulden' say so either m'girl.... But s'gettin' late, 'an yer pups can get up bright 'an early fer' a change t'help with my garden eh?
Sounds more than fair Uncle, we can talk more in the morning.
Right Right....G'night then hon, ye' sure tha' bed upstairs is big enough fer' ye' and yer....wife?
It's fine uncle, I'm suprised you kept my room all this time untouched.
'An have ye' complain when ye' eventually came home?
The Blind old Hin chuckled, as he walked to his own room

The whitehaired "girl" sat in the kitchen, staring into her Tea, as the wolf below her snored and dreamed.

It really had been an age since she saw her Family, let alone the village. It's peaceful, too peaceful... But this village is safe, safer than most places this far into the realms.

Maybe she needed this trip more than she thought, always expecting something horrible to happen, She's not going to sleep easy tonight. If at all, but perhaps in a few days, before they have to leave...She just might.
Howling around all year long

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meriam's Journal

Post by Mythic » Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 am

There's no place like home

Pulling the straps Tightly on the wagon, not loaded with half as many supplies for the trip back. Meriams shoulders slump, letting out a sigh as she wipes sweat from her brow.

The past month has been some of the most relaxing she's had in years. A smile forms as she lifts her children, one by one, into the Caravan. And is then helped up herself by her wifes hand, eagerly gripping it and sitting up back at the front of the Caravan

Slowly the wolves begin to draw the Caravan away from the Turfhome she had been raised in, She lifts her head, and lets out a loud Howl, One of farewell, and moreso, one of love and rememberance.

As she lowers her head, The Whitehaired Hin leans sideways, resting her head upon her wife's shoulder.
Lets go home...A place we made for ourselves, Home
Howling around all year long