All Kinds'a Kinds

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Dovesong

All Kinds'a Kinds

Post by Dovesong » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:48 am

All Kinds Of Kinds
Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds.
All kinds of kinds.
All kinds of kinds.
It takes all kinds of kinds to make the world turn. Can't just good make the world happen. Can't just evil. If good gets its head up too big...I've seen what happens. Paladins, thinking they're still doing the right thing, smeared in the blood of those that couldn't fight. That crazy light in their eyes, before they hurt you too, for whatever sin they could make up that you supposedly did.

That was only a little worse than the ride to this island. Being seasick is a special kind of hell, and it's one you don't really understand until you really, truly experience it. I kinda wanted to die. But then, I also kinda thought if I died like that, that's where I'd be stuck, forever. Always sick enough to want to die, and not being able to.

No thanks.

Guess I'll live.

The first steps onto solid ground were a godsend. I don't know which god, and I don't even care, it felt so good to be steady again. Once I picked myself up, I mean. And stopped sweating. And also managed to breathe without gagging. Also, I got hit in the head with my bag when one of the crew chucked it off.

OW!

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Mama Maizey always said that to me, before she got sold. Or maybe I did. I don't remember. It was a while ago anyway. I liked her. She was hefty and had a big bosom and gave the best hugs when you scraped your knee or lost a tooth.

So anyway! Here I was. I had....nothing. Well, no. I had the clothes I was wearing (which were sorely in need of either a wash or a bonfire, I wasn't picky) and a note from the cabinboy to check some...messenger service. Said they'd have work.

Can't be worse than Luskan, right?

Right.

"Sir? Hi. Name's Mailia. 'M fresh off the boat. I hear ya got some packages f'me to deliver...?"
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Dovesong

Re: All Kinds'a Kinds

Post by Dovesong » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 am

I got a job! Like....a real job! Don't even have to sell my wares, such as it were.

That feels really good. Like I'm something. Worth something.

Miss Nehala, she's the guard lady here in town. She doesn't seem mean, which is real nice. I guess Master hasn't reported me yet, or she'd have shipped me back, I reckon. But she didn't! So I get to tend bar. I'm pretty good at that, and a fair hand in the kitchen. She's even going to pay me! Gold, of my very own!

Met a real nice guy, named Rory. He's pretty. Not really my type, per se, but he's pretty. Red hair. So friendly. It's nice to have a man be friendly, and just....be friendly to be friendly. It's nice. I like having a friend.

Next on the To-Do list: Find a place to pray. I figure as Tymora and Lliira have been kind beyond measure to me. I need to find a way....some way....to repay them for seeing me through. To freedom.

I'll never wear a collar again.
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm