Self-Destruction and Other Indulgences

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Baron Saturday

Self-Destruction and Other Indulgences

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 am

I'm probably going to die.

But I might not, so things could be worse.

We're almost across the Undersea. It's been fairly uneventful, though I'm told I slept through a stalacfall. Too bad. I'd have liked to see that. We'll be in Andunor soon, where I will probably be murdered by the locals within a day cycle. Got to get in the local mode of talk. If they know I'm new to the dark lands I won't last an hour.

They still have hours, thank the Powers.

Assuming I do survive the cycle, my master will probably hunt me down by the end of the month and drag me back to the temple to "answer for my transgressions." I'm under no illusions that being at the edge of the map in hostile lands will deter her, stubborn hagplucker that she is, but maybe she lost the trail.

I doubt it.

A pox upon all knights.

To Do List
- Find lodging.
- Re-equip. (A pox upon pawn shops, too.)
- Acclimate to new powers. (At least enough to not set bedding on fire.)
- Learn how to make poxes. (Long-term)
- Don't die. (!!! IMPORTANT !!!)
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Baron Saturday

Re: Self-Destruction and Other Indulgences

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:01 am

I'm not dead!

I was, but I got better. Not sure how that happened. Trying not to think about it too much. Gift horses, right? Chalk it up to that ritual I did - maybe it was good for something after all?

Anyhow.

Really rather amazing that I'm not all the way dead. I talked to a Drow female! She didn't kill me! I mean, she threatened me, but compared to what I was expecting… that's practically getting invited in for milk and cookies. And I learned a bit more about the ritual, seems it was Abyssal in nature? Because demons and devils are not the same thing? I'll take her word on that, for now. (Note to self: Demons = Abyss, devils = Hells. Too scared to ask more, the Drow woman doesn't like demons.)

I seem to have been adopted by a Drow male, too. (Am I supposed to be capitalizing Drow? Whatever, not starting over now.) I'm not sure what his name is, he says he's had a bunch of false ones. Is that normal for down here? I don't think it is.

Don't really care though, because he bought me a room!! It's a nice one, too. Reminds me of the barracks back home back with back there, except I have it all to myself!

This calls for a celebratory glass of whatever they drink down here. Do mushrooms ferment?

To Do List
- Find lodging.
- Re-equip. (Kind of. Bought a sword, but I'm really bad with it. Sticking with spear for now.)
- Acclimate to new powers. (Bedding intact! Eyes still on fire, though. Good enough?)
- Learn how to make poxes. (Long-term.)
- Don't die. (??? Again ???)
- Buy mushrooms.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain