rise of dr. ilia

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

rise of dr. ilia

Post by woodbreeze » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

{ note: just a warning, the descriptions might be a little too graphic for some people! make sure you listen to this song too! }

[ here lies everything ]

his broken corpse lies still at your feet, still warm from when its heart coursed life through its veins perhaps only moments ago. A smoking crater rests where your magic had struck him, straight through the chest. You feel nauseous looking at it. You’ve never seen a dead body before.

[ the world I wanted at my feet, my victory’s complete. ]

a trill of fear (you think it is fear, anyway) shakes you as you look down at this mutilated boy’s body. You weren't intending to kill him. You didn't think you had the power in you to take a life away. Your heart soars, and you feel that trill again as you continue to look upon the body, but this time you're not so sure that it is only fear. This was the boy that tormented you. Made your life hell. Not anymore.

[ so hail to the king, ]

thanks to your friend, you couldn't have done this without them. A chance meeting, they had flown through your window on a winter night and seeded a motley of ideas within your head. Tricks and pranks to play, terrible and almost violent against the people who hurt you. One day, they had promised you power. For a price, you agreed, and its result lay crumbled before your feet. To feel strong was everything you ever wanted.

[ arise and sing ]

time seemed to have stopped after you had killed that boy. that, or so many thoughts had rushed so quickly through your head afterward that everything else around you seemed slow in comparison. You look up from the corpse, to the gathered faces around you, stricken with fear or disgust. You feel that trill again. They shriek; call you names, names you had never been called before. You seize the moment to run.

"sail for arelith", a small voice says charmingly in your ear as you run.

So you do.

{ to be continued }