Love Unmatched

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

I sung of chaos and eternal night

Love Unmatched

Post by I sung of chaos and eternal night » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Thirty years.

This is a test.

My sister visits me this eve, but not for pleasure. Her steps resonate on the marble floor. It is not her presence that scares me. It is the voice in my head.

I urged her to slay you.

I do not open my eyes. I do not need to see to know she looms above me. For thirty years we suffered, but we suffered together- until now.

Her faith is weak.

She introduces steel to my throat. This knife has teeth meant for bone, not flesh. I feel weakness in my sister's shaking grip. Thirty doubtful seconds pass.

You must be stronger.

Thirty years of fearful union- now she lingers in my bed as an unwanted guest. She hesitates, her breath like fire on my neck.

Prove yourself.

My sister visits me this eve. She never gets a chance to say goodbye.
... And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n.
O then at last relent: is there no place
Left for Repentance, none for Pardon left?

I sung of chaos and eternal night

Re: Love Unmatched

Post by I sung of chaos and eternal night » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Forty years.

Spiders crawl over my back like so many lovers' soft caresses. Like foam on a river they bubble over my skin- but I am no river. I am the lake Donigarten. My ribs become tunnels coated with moss where fungi grow and rothe graze; my lungs house spores and hide bats from lurking lights; my limbs are tributaries flowing from the Surbrin far above my cavernous ceiling. Treasures and treason alike bury themselves deep within my aching stomach and yet I am as empty as my mother's words.

Something glistens on the surface. I open my eyes to the whispering faerie-fires of the temple. There are no more spiders to test me. The tremulous mass finds me unworthy to devour and so they turn on my sisters, twins of body and mind. I open my mouth to warn them but there is no sound. Ice has come upon the lake and all I can muster are frosted spores. A sea of chittering venom claims them before I can blink.

I return to my prayers.
... And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n.
O then at last relent: is there no place
Left for Repentance, none for Pardon left?