Damned if I Do, Damned if I Don't.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

GET HYPED

Damned if I Do, Damned if I Don't.

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:32 am

Current name: Mana Poisoning.

Condition is inflicted via one already afflicted, via physical contact and channeling intense, magical energies into the victim.

Initial effects: Violent tendencies. Usually rage fueled, but other emotions mix in. Ones that are not thoughts that would have ever normally crossed my mind. An odd demand for companionship mixed in with attempts to murder my own companion. A highly unnatural thought process.

After-effects: Initial act of passion, one deemed as simply violence and not attempted murder, was followed by an intense headache and a nosebleed. My nose bred profusely for a while, and the headache was near crippling. All symptoms subsided after a time.

This will be deemed Stage One.

Third incident: She stabbed me, when I tried to attack her again. This time, I really did want to kill her. Such insane thoughts possessed me, of eternity. It's beginning to burn.

Forth incident: I tried to drain her. I felt so hungry. It was like every fiber of my being was yearning for it. All my energy was draining rapidly. I couldn't think. I'm losing control. It still burns. I can't think straight anymore.

GET HYPED

Re: Damned if I Do, Damned if I Don't.

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 am

Stage 2

This was initiated with the Fifth Incident: A nearly primal rage overtook me again. My memories of what happened are barely there. My symptoms have changed since I awoke.

Ive been coughing too much, even blood has come up. Ive been vomiting and sweating a lot, even within a cool atmosphere. My head hurts. It's hard to speak and breath. I don't remember what happened. It's hot. I can't think. I'm hungry.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 am

I feel calmer, in her proximity, but to detox myself I am supposed to remain at least fifteen feet away, and preferably twenty. I'll seize this moment, to scribe down my thoughts.

The Court is growing in a consistent manner. The stability is good. Myiryn has been very busy with her project. After the last incident, I had my worries. But following Carlo's advice, all was dispelled and settled it seemed. For now.

We'll need to keep focusing on training, and preparing. Soon we become more involved in politics. The Game, as she always says, is really only just beginning. Despite my ill state, I'll need to muster up all of the focus I can maintain when I can. It should be fine when we're in meetings, but that is not a positive push for my detoxing process. I should be staying away from her.

She seems upset. Is it guilt? That seems silly.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:17 pm

I can breathe alright, once I am away from any areas with a thick layer of magical radiation or Myiryn for a while. At first, it becomes more labored, but it stabilizes. Ive just taken my third clarity potion.

The detoxing process is fairly simple. Water, and distance from either the one whom initially infected with you the condition, or the Faezress. The latter is harder to avoid, for it comes and goes in an instant. Flooding from one cavern to the next. The withdrawal itself is capable of killing me, and the symptoms begin fast.

When a wave of Faezress energies suddenly flow into an area, the first response is a dizzy spell and nausea. The both of which are bad enough to cause me to vomit if I had eaten that day. I'm still barely eating. The loss of focus, combined with the effects of starvation are taxing upon my mind and body.

I need to find a way to make this process easier.

My cooking skills may just be relevant here. I'm going to find Carlo later, and throw questions at him that I already know the answer to.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:20 am

Symptom: Voices without a source, odd sights of various beings, familiar or otherwise, from the side of my sight and in the distance.

The way it mixes in with my surroundings and environment are difficult to separate from reality. It is the worst when I am hearing the gnolls 'talk' to each other in their tongue. I can't tell where the animal noises are coming from suddenly, and I don't know if I'm actually understanding them at times or not. I can feel a sense of alarm rising, as though I were under threat.

Despite all my physical ailments that threaten even my life, this one is the most concerning to me. I have an appearance to maintain, and I do not want to go insane like the rest of my race. I have clarity. I have vision. I have my mind. As long as I have my mind, I have enough. It is all I have ever needed.

But I'm not doing well.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 am

I had a heart-attack.

This was unexpected, but additionally, there were signs of heart disease. Carlo gave me a convenient excuse-the myconoids, but I do not think it fooled Eliphas. He is silent for now.

Yes, Carlo. I know you're reading this.

*Then it was back to normal.*

So, four things to cover in coming reports. New name, better definition, my decision on the ritual, and explanation on heart attack and heart disease.

My work keeps me very busy lately. I'm consolidating power under Myiryn. It's important to organize your contacts.
Last edited by GET HYPED on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 am

It's like the bastard child of a curse. They call them the Faezress-cursed. So what does this mean? This is a constant state. It is as though a cloud of poisonous vapors floats over my being, attached to my spirit. Myiryn doesn't know it, does she? Or maybe she's waiting for me to figure it out.

There is no detoxing process.

So, this has just become more complicated. It is true that the detoxing process at certain points lessened the symptoms, no matter how long I did it, something occurred and it changed.

It shifts unexpectedly like the Faezress. All of the symptoms change. I am not even sickly any longer.

But I am Faezress-cursed without the benefits. My understanding of this situation has just evolved.

Back to square one.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 am

Eliphas will beseech The Black Goat for aid. A sacrifice will be made, and other components will have to be scrounged up. He does his research for now, silently working through his process. I understand it. I will understand everything.

Can it cure me? Eliphas seems certain, but it is his prerogative to make this ritual happen no matter what. That is his nature as a priest, I understand it.

When will he make his move? He's patient for an Abyssalist. Bathed in chaos, but awaiting the perfect moment to strike with serenity. I understand it.

I will understand everything.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 am

The reported incident occurred due to a surge which empowered my body. The energies of the Faezress soaked into all of my muscles, and as any one with barely any medical experience knows, the heart is a muscle. So, I had a heart attack. Normally the surge is intended to empower you as a warrior, and even make a mage like me impressive in melee combat.

But it did the complete opposite. It seems that all of my being simply rejects the Chaotic Powers.

So this surge, in those afflicted with a zero benefit form of the curse causes a heart attack.

Heart disease.

The strain its putting on my body is dragging not only my organs, but my heart down. My entire physical well being is at risk. I'm trapped. A difficult situation to handle. But Eliphas may just manage to save me. The longer I am like this, the worse I will get regardless.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 am

"How is this even possible?"

It is as though all of the physical damage has receded. I thought I was literally dying a few weeks ago. This condition has me faced with too many questions, and some I don't want to know the answer to. Carlo subscribes to a similar power, but Ive concluded the powers have a particular effect upon our race.

It's more like a virus, I think.

None of it is going to make sense.

The Faezress is held, perhaps dearly, and pridefully by our people. We're empowered by it. Our weapons, our devices of war are most all bound to it. But I feel as though this must be something distinct, from within the magical radiation. Individual in its presence, though not living or sentient in any way.

More like a gaseous infliction.

What a waste of my time.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:07 pm

*This entry is written in his personal journal.*

(Song 2, from song dedication thread.)

"I am already yours."

I have finally given into all of her demands. My path has been bonded to hers. All these visions have shown me so much, and now I know I must remain with her. It has been a long considered decision, one that she gave me a choice in. Perhaps she was right.

I was already hers.

But maybe not. It doesn't really matter now.

I have given up my House identity. They will have a hard time finding me. They will hunt me, and I will or I won't be found. But I'm strong enough to no longer care. I will proceed without weight from such matters. They can find me, and She could even demand I kneel and declare all I have done hers.

But I would never.

No, I would not allow her claim to what we built. What Myiryn and I forged from scratch together. The Court belongs to us.

I could handle losing it, and I can accept loss. The first goal is always survival and endurance. Though, I may feel at a loss if they managed to take Myiryn from me, after I have waited so long. Restarting would feel much less natural if I had to find someone new to take Myiryn's place in my world.

I would miss her. Odd.

She was exactly what I was waiting for. I knew she would be even there. I wrote this out. I am no diviner, but my intellect alone will lead me to mastery over the tapestries of the future. Just as I knew it was her when I saw her.

I will write fate.

And I will not be bound by it.

I don't really understand, but I would find it acceptable for this to continue on and on. I prefer to shift around with my power and re-consolidate it, peruse new opportunities constantly, but here I am. I have given her the rights to name me, to brand me, to call me Hers, and even now we plan for the change in my attire, so I may better represent her.

I am Hers.

I know what I will do if she is slain, and yet the thought troubles me.

But there is a part of me, that hears her talk of Eternity and it tingles. She and I will be Eternal.

For now.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 am

I received a letter.

"Something unexpected has happened."

I received a letter yesterday.

"Very unexpected."

Ive been reading a letter.

"Interesting."

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Ive been listening to her broken drums for hours. Ive been thinking of the elusive race-traitor that did so.

I don't know how long Ive laying here.

I was laying to here with her, but not now. She's gone, and all I can think about is the drums.

It's been like this for a while. The rhythmic ticking in my head. It guides my every step, as I rise and fall. It fills my thoughts. It is distracting.

Worse yet, it's been affecting my image. Others have noticed the shift in aggression, the destructive thoughts that plague, me as well. It bothers me that Maerwen took note as well. She's starting to pick up on a lot of my tricks.

This "Felynune" provides an interesting solution to that, however.

I need to continue recruiting. And I am going to lose my mind if I don't fix that drum.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 am

"A cage full of rats."

My options have been severely limited, so I was forced to Outsource. It was time to fulfill my end of the bargain, anyhow. I had to travel rather far to meet the broker, and alone. I knew it was time away from my work, and I was the only one left now.

"A cage full of rats."

There is this burning sensation, a physical emptiness in my stomach that feels like it is getting deeper. I am ignoring it. The discussion with Felynune went well, though I was surprised by one matter. I decided to wait till later to ask her about it. Curious as I am, my ability to remain on topic can be lacking and there was business to talk about.

"A cage full of rats."

She is ready to assist, of course. At least there is that. Her calm unnerves me. She will be useful in that meeting, especially. Appearing with a female helps quite a bit with these sorts.

"A cage full of rats."

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 pm

"There's something after us."

It was a dark night, and the deep thicket he traveled in did it no justice. But this was nothing to hinder the young Drow in his push through the forest. He was holding a familiar dagger at the ready, something he had for a very long time. He grip was tight, but it was also his only comfort as he dodged behind a tree and pressed his back up against it. Placing his hand over his mouth, he forced his breathing quiet as he tried to catch it while listening in on his surroundings.

Craaaaack.

His eyes widened.

"Run or die."

And fearfully, he bolted. Sprinting at underbrush, only to jump over it and be struck in the face by a stray branch. Though, he kept on unimpeded, for the sound of this large beast that followed him remained consistent. But this kind of scenario was nothing new to the Underdarker. However, whatever this black, fur covered thing was, he didn't quite know what tactic for a runner to take.

And it was faster than him.

A sound tore through that of his own heartbeat and breath, a powerful, feline growl as a burning sensation sunk deeply into his leg, and he fell. It had bitten into him, and with the slam to the ground, his breath was knocked out.

"You're going to die."

He choked out a terrified noise as he turned over, and the quadrupedal creature lunged, sinking one paw and its claws into his shoulder and pinning him.

"Like the rest of The Court."

He grit his teeth as the creature howled, and made its move at the same time as he did. He shut his eyes tight, as he swung for the panther's neck with his dagger at the same time as it went for his.

"Alone, and nameless. Just like she left you."

And with the startling awakening, he sat up quickly in his bed, huffing for air as his hand went to the other side of the bed. Empty, as it had been for a while now. He git his teeth at the fleeting memory dredged back up to form a nightmare, and he simply muttered "Shut up," to himself, in recollection of the voice that plagued him.