Musings of a Wife, Friend & Mother

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Diilicious

Musings of a Wife, Friend & Mother

Post by Diilicious » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

So ive been getting exhausted many things happening this last few months, hopefully writing a journal will let me unravel a little. Now dear this first few notes will be long so bear with me. I would also like to open this little chapter of my life by saying the following...

GOODNESS ME!!!

Well, I feel a little better now, bless you...

There have been so many things happening lately, I am not sure what to tell you first, there’s a lot to get through. Perhaps I’ll start domestic and work outwards...

Family

I am feeling like my relationship with my husband is in a little bit of a rut, he has been noticeably less communicative of late, and goodness knows im to blame too. I often feel so tired when ive gotten home that I feel like I might pass out there and then. It has really affected us and we do not speak to one another nearly as much as we used to.
This, greatly saddens me I wish to cuddle more with him when we retire to our bed chambers but I fall asleep almost immediately. I don’t want our relationship to worsen; it is affecting the children a little. They are ever so perceptive, even if they don’t know what’s wrong they can feel something is off...

He told me something just before I collapsed again a few nights ago, he said he had challenged ALL of the Oakenhearts to a fight in the arena.

He’s a big goof... MY big goof none the less. I wish he wouldn’t flaunt his skills so much, Wotan didn’t seem to be overly enthusiastic about the idea of taking him on and I can’t say I blame him, trying to capture him was a nightmare back then during the whole wolf debacle, and he could have easily killed me and Tialirr.

AND hes been hanging around with Mister Varg again (Stellen Varg for later ref), I feel that doesn’t bode well if history has taught me anything... Though Chauntea knows it is not my place to judge him, theres just something about Varg that always makes me feel a kind of unease, AND he was terrible to my Dunpling by repaying all those years of service by hiring some random woman off the street to be lieutenant instead of him, perhaps she was his chamber maid??

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have Matara also helping around the house now, Ozenda is so eager to help but I dare not let her near the stove, she can slice a fully grown bear in two with two swings but she’ll blow up the kitchen trying to make the simplest of snacks...

All of my children need new clothes again, the triplets grow like magic bean stalks! you give them a little food and a little water and. Before you know it they need new shoes, new clothes. The “Mamma can I have” hellfire thunderstorm starts to circulate at such a time. We donate all our clothes to the poor so at least we are not just throwing them away.

There is no real harm done, but goodness me if Tahira gets a new dress then Kyomi has to have a new dress in the same or contrasting colour, and youd better hope that Shiel gets something too or he’ll give you that look where you know he’s sad but doesn’t know what he wants in return. It cuts to my core.

Matara has grown a dress size again, I despair sometimes, im almost a hundred percent she’s sneaking food between meals, I swept her room and the amount of crumbs! We’ll have rats before long! I will be taking her shopping in the coming days with Ozenda too. The Triplets do get so much more attention, both Ozenda and Matara never ask for anything I must make sure to care for each in equal measure but also remind them that they do need to do things for themselves too, I can’t do everything can I?? Don’t answer that dear...

Ozenda has been studying for a long while now and seldom comes with us on our outings or hunting trips, which is handy because she helps look after the little ones while we are out, but I do wish she would come with us a little more. Still she has helped Shiel with his writing! Hes really come along in leaps and bounds, I can almost understand the words he writes now which is truely wonderful. Though I suppose a healthy amount of sweetberry bribes goes a long way, but he doesn’t need nearly as many to start and get into it now as he did months gone by.

Matara also seems to be getting him to open up more, he does have a motor mouth when he wants to, like his father I suppose, I still wonder if he gets that from me or my Dunpling. Who knows??

The Triplets
My darlings are such chatterboxes in their own little way, though I do wish they wouldn’t argue over the smallest of little things. Shiel asked me again if they could go and play out in the street, what am i to do? There was another murder outside our residence last week, that makes for three this month alone, I wish I could just let them roam freely but goodness me they are too precious to me, and the city far too dangerous.

And goodness me if I don’t have to give Kyomi a spank bottom for laying tripwire traps around the house. Shiel had a really nasty fall on one just a few days ago when he got up to use the bathroom in the night. I also heard Ozenda yelp as she fell over one, i’ve told her she is going to be in so much trouble if it happens again, no sweetberries for a month and her siblings will get to share her portion.
Thankfully I was able to teach Tahira how to heal Shiel’s bruise so something good came out of it in the end, I know she just wants to be like the characters in her story books but im going to break my neck! I have a hard enough time walking straight as it is...

Between the adults we have managed to get them out of the house much more of late, thanks again in no small part to Matara. It really helps them blow off some steam and get some fresh air, as well as learn about things that are integral to our beliefs, first hand.

Friends

Triah & Friedrich
Triah and Friedrich Oaktree were finally married this week past... I could feel our Ladys warmth radiate from her statue and altar during the proceedings and ceremony. Goodness me I really had to fight not to burst into tears. It was so wonderful, I wish me and my Dunpling could have had a ceremony with even a tenth of that gloss, though I should not lament over the past... I had been so pregnant with the triplets that no dress would have fit me at the time, and their feeding required almost around the clock attention... there was simply no time... but, perhaps one day...

Venna & Brizshala
Venna came back to the island recently, goodness I have missed her smile and her whimsical innocence and willingness to hug at the drop of a hat. It’s exactly what I need in times like these, though I mustn’t hide from the terrible things that happen It is always good to know If I see her there’s a ninety nine percent chance I will get a hug out of it.

What was new this time is she brought her friend with her. Her name is Brizshala and shes a Drow... I was horrified to discover that my last run in with the Drow had scarred me so deeply, that the mere sight of her once her helmet and armour were removed and her racial heritage came into view made my mouth feel dry, my heart thumped with fear and I felt a pressing urge to flee, my stomach turned and I felt the butterflies there fluttering incessantly.

After getting some air and continuing the struggle in my heart and mind I was able to look upon her features without fear, to feel her skin warm as mine is, to see the flush of her cheeks. She is really quite beautiful. Now wait just a minute I hear you say, why would you befriend a Drow, its a DROW right? The same kind that made you blind for over a year and put you and Ozenda through hell?? Well dear let me tell you that she is different. She is a follower of Eilastrae Elilestr Eilistraee~ and really quite a charming woman in her own right. I am glad I met her.

Azrael & Olivia
Goodness me what a shock! He’s with Olivia!? I’d never have guessed even if given a hundred lives of men, and id never believed it If not for seeing it with my own eyes. I still do not know what to make of Olivia... I always see her speed walking up and down the island as just a flurry of legs going here or there. But it is an indisputable fact that she raises the dead, and powerful creatures they are too...

To hear Azrael defend such actions left me particularly shocked, I still do not know what to make of that even to this day. I owe miss Olivia for helping me locate my Dunpling when he was being controlled by the wolf spirit but the conjuring of the dead is inexcusable, which is a shame because shes so lovely.

Or at least that’s the facade she puts up, I fear Azrael may have been charmed by her in some way... Perhaps in a similar way that my own husband had been by that woman I shall not name! Have to keep my blood pressure down! ... I worry about him, about both of them, and their future, Chauntea bless you.

Fe’dath (Fifi henceforth) & Laynaruil
What a mess, after the altercation with Olivia and Fifi it seems at least to me that tensions are a little less than they were, the battle was fought and passed and honour restored. I was so sad to hear Fifi’s tale, such immense sadness, for well over the lives of two men has she suffered so. Her pliant mind abused as a child... perhaps of adult years in the world of men, but barely an infant in her own peoples years... I could not hold back my tears as I listened.

As an aside I do not think miss Laynaruil likes me very much, or... At least it seems begrudgingly so.. It is hard to tell, perhaps If I bake her a pie that would go down better? Though elves tend to be orders of magnitude more vain when it comes to their appearance... like Venna she might see it as an attempt to make her fat... or something... Perhaps it is something out of my control like being a Human? I wish I knew.

Jantira & Lunarya
Oooo this one really bakes my biscuits whenever I think about it!! Calm dear, calm... So upon meeting Fifi to try and get our heads around why Azrael would say so many franky frighteningly incorrect things, Lunarya decided to drop that I was apparently a sympathiser for the Hand of Humanity and refused to sit with us. Elysium above if I didn’t want to slap that pouty face so her head span like a model globe!

It’s not enough that I listened to my daughter screaming for me as we were tortured when the drow tried to make us reveal the names of our Elven friends and we refused. It’s not enough that Half-elven children are notoriously shunned by both human kind and elven kind. It’s not enough that the children would have to suffer alone in melancholy as their family die over the ages without having the protections an fully elven mind has against the ravages of time.
If her views on the world and those in it are so one dimensional she has much more in common with the new coronal of Myon than she might ever be willing to believe. Such wilfully forced ignorance is truly a sign of a weak mind, which is a shame because shes lovely otherwise.

Lissa Whitehorn & Terto Tarquin.
What a terrible battle, I am glad that my Dunpling, sir Azreal and Fifi were able to join the battle, as well as so many others or I fear the outcome of such a battle would not be good.

I was not able to go to the crags after we had managed to recover Terto from Stonehold, he seemed to be suffering from Amnesia. The poor dear, it honestly felt strange calling myself his friend. Almost like I was lying to him, he is my friend but it not clear if he believes the same in return. I actually do not know if Terto valued anyone enough call them a friend.

It seems my first guess was correct when he said he was courting somebody, it was miss Saphira after all. My heart wept for her, I could not imagine my Dunpling turning around and looking at me the way Terto looked at her. He did not remember her at all...

Im not sure she wanted me to help him, probably the old ‘because im human’ arguement again. However she did not say any such thing so Im just talking here... Just as we were beginning to piece together Terto’s life again Lissa returned, covered in shadow. She spoke in a way that frankly chilled my bones. What had they done to her?? Fifi said that the Spriggans have done this kind of thing for as long as she could remember.

Thankfully Lissa had given me a safe word. Family. The imposter Lissa did not know this word that is when my suspicion became heightened, upon looking at her with my seer senses I could not find a soul inside that shell, normally you can see the soul burning brightly, but with this creature there was nothing. She had said that I will be used as a human sacrifice and if not for Terto I would have been as the Bendirian guards are apparently the same level of intelligence as a zombie might be.

Since then i have been told that Lissa has been found, the REAL Lissa that is and the altar now wants my cute little Aphia as a sacrifice... I hope they manage to sort the issues out there. I wonder how Terto is...

Drift Seaborn
Drift came back! AND of course I just had to get one of his patented hugs. I have missed him terribly though he said that he only comes back to the island every now and then for Sister, which hurt in no small manner.
Its lucky he sleeps like a lead boulder because the Triplets were being so rude during his stay, though I suppose they had never seen a half-orc before. Shiel –Chauntea bless him!- thought he was an intruder. I’m not sure why an intruder would break in and go to sleep in our guest bed, but the triplets have been read little red riding hood so many times, perhaps they believed he was the wolf!

Then they proceeded to argue amongst themselves over whether or not half-orcs are dangerous, well, Tahira and Shiel did as usual, why Kyomi seemed to be spending her time trying to wake him up before I found them all making such a kerfuffle and promptly scooted them out of the workshop... Drift said he didn’t notice anything, which is great but...

Isn’t that in and of itself a little worrying? The triplets were shouting right next to him. I best keep Ozenda and my Dunpling as far from the kitchen as possible if he ever visits again... If there was a fire i’m not sure how we’d evacuate him!

Politics

Cordor
Just what in the world is mister Elwood playing at in that government building??? The coffers of the city had been completely drained I had heard upon returning from Bendir. Whats even more confusing is that people actually voted him in AGAIN after that... WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? I despair I really do, it also seems Mister Thron has been putting up a lot of barriers to protect Buppi (Swine child henceforth). Why would somebody protect that person I cannot even begin to fathom it, one day when he pushes just enough that I lapse in my better judgement and temperament he is going to meet an implosive end.

Bendir
It seems the tensions between the Gnomefolk and Hinfolk have started to settle again finally, the things they were saying about Lissa was truly terrible, how dare they be so ignorant to the facts. One of the main problems I am seeing here is it could once again very well be the same person that destroyed the barrier warding I made for the Dale all those years ago.

Or it could be the Swine Child acting anonymously upon their boards which would honestly not surprise me even a teeny tiny bit.

Myon
Well Id hate to write something like ‘I told you so’... especially when I had not told anybody anything, however the moment that Elven man called me “Human” I knew immediately that he was going to take over... I felt it in my bones, I am actually a little saddened that he did and was able to disrupt the political system of Myon that had clearly worked so well for so long.

Why do people like that always end up in power on this island, back home such a person would have been chased out of the chamber... But here? Well it just seems inevitable, I suppose if I wanted to run as chancellor of Cordor id have to pretend to be as nasty as possible and id get in for sure!
This is sad, many of the elves I knew now feel displaced almost unofficially banished from what i've been able to piece together, they say there is no trust in the walls of Myon now and that is really quite a frightening prospect. HOWEVER I feel it is grossly irresponsible on the part of those of the Good to abandon Myon so quickly, how will Myon be turned back how it was if all those of good heart flee in droves?

Economy & Inventory
The endless uphill battle for resources continues daily. I am once again going to praise Matara for her help in regards to this, with Ozenda deciding to spend more time or almost ALL of her time at home we are down a pair of hands to help us make the things that keep our shop turning over a profit.

I cooked up almost 200 pieces of good meat last week for a vast quantity of healing kits. That required all the nearby salt from Cordors lands and to drain the expanded warehouse of its salt stores too. Meanwhile Matara is like a workhorse, blowing bottles, mixing ingredients for Mojo, gathering sand and coal, coal that my Dunpling also uses to forge his weapons.

We are doing reasonably well financially; we broke the 4,000,000 mark recently, which is not surprising given how hard everyone works to provide for the shop. And Elysium above if the Bendir shop does empty so quickly!! I almost cannot believe it sometimes, I will fill the shop to capacity walk home to the cottage for a rest, come back later and its almost as empty as it was before I filled it!?

I understand if anyone were to read this they might think I was being snobbish, and its not that im grateful for the customers I have, far from it... But filling the shop puts such a strain on me, i feel it is one of the biggest contributing factors in regards to my and my Dunplings relationship rut. I am glad people are able to buy the things they need to get along with their day but I feel it may be too expensive to keep running for much longer, in an emotional sense...

Clergy & Clerical
The Earth Mothers Rest shrine grass has been trimmed and cared for, I had worried that it would wear thin and die by being constantly trodden under foot but it has remained as healthy as when the shrine was first built.

The altar itself is also well kept and shows no sign of tampering for a good while now for which I am very thankful.

Triah Oaktree nee Tane has joined our faith which honestly surprised me a considerable amount. I did not think that they would warm to the idea of a goddess watching over them.

However her prayers at the shrine were heartfelt and truthful, and were rightfully responded to by our lady goddess, I can imagine well how Triah must have felt, feeling the warmth of Chauntea unto her form for the first time.

She looked so at home, so at peace, finally.

GreenGrass
GreenGrass is fast approaching, don't I know it! The Triplets become so very excitable around this time of year with their birthday ten days in the wings of the festival. We have gotten Kyomi a proper set of fitted clothes that will help her in her training with Matara, as well as a novice trap kit.

Heaven knows we are going to regret it probably but at least this one is not dangerous. it for training purposes so that she can learn how to set them properly, she fell over the last one she made with my cotton thread! We also got her a lovely frock because Tahira was also getting one.

Tahira's was perhaps the easiest of gifts to come up with, as mentioned she would be getting a fine imported Amnian ball gown, in green of course because "Green is the best colour Mamma". She is also getting a whole pile of new reference materials, the ones shes been reading and quoting to us are all over ten years old! It no wonder she gets into so many arguments with Shiel.

My Dunpling is handling Shiel's gift, I believe he is planning to make him his first sword a shield, and a set of armour fitted just for him. I have to finish the leather mounting for the armour, it's been so difficult trying to hide everything from him.

Ozenda will be getting a set of Adamantine armour, with a new helmet and adamantine scythe. Perhaps these will help her get back out into the world again.

Matara I will be taking shopping for clothes, she works so extremely hard and yet has only one dress that she is clearly too big for. So we will be heading to the market in the coming days so that we can get her some pre-emptive gifts. I know the triplets will be jealous but thats just tough.

As for my Dunpling, I am not even certain what to get for him, that is how out of touch I feel right now. He already has the best equipment... Perhaps a keen masterly damask? I wonder who I can contact somebody to help make such a thing. Mister Caige maybe? Does he stock things of that kind? Maybe the best present would be taking him to a battlefield hes never been to before...

Well dear I think i've written enough for now, I feel so much better now, I will surely come back soon to tell you more as things develop, Chauntea's blessing stay with you.
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Diilicious

Re: Musings of a Wife, Friend & Mother

Post by Diilicious » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Let’s try and make this a semi regular thing dear, I felt much better after last time. So, where to begin?

Family
I have managed to procure a great present for my Dunpling for GreenGrass, I can't believe that I managed to get my hands on one! Miss Nox is really resourceful and not to mention very kind, while Id have preferred to have the one she had rather than its 'cousin' since thats the one he used to have, I am so super stoked! I wonder what he will say, hehe... I can already see him holding it with that big silly mischievous grin of his.

Motivayun has been coming down from the wall much more often as of late, and my Dunpling seems happier as a result. I suppose whatever he gets up to with Varg is improving his mood... I wonder if there's anything I can do too...

Thanks to Matara I have 45 heal potions prepared with still another eight in the wings, ready to be cooked and properly stirred. She seems to be losing weight quite steadily now, I do wonder what my Dunpling said to her... I hope he was not too harsh on her, she's had a tough life too until now. It is understandable that she would want to make herself feel better now shes safe.
Gosh im making excuses for her again, Fifi was quite harsh on her too... Though not to her in person of course, saying she really needed to lose weight. I suppose people are watching our family quite a lot, a girl her size is not a common thing in Cordor.

She was awfully upset at the altar the other week the poor thing. Most women do understand the struggles of the waistline, I just hope she learns quickly so these things do not hurt her so much. It really pains me to see her like that.
I can see her really trying though, she even took herself to the colosseum without being asked or prompted and fought there to learn better the ways of Tempus, she really does try so hard to better herself, I hope she sees the fruits of her labour to help her push on.

Shiel was completely beside himself with excitement when he explained that Matara had gone to the colosseum to fight there, he would not get to bed and even when in bed he would keep chatting away even Tahira was too tired to talk at that late hour. I could literally see the stars in his eyes, he loves listening to his father’s stories about the places he’s been and the battles he’s fought.

He is now helping his father with his forging, learning to control the heat and intensity of the flame by fanning the bellows. It is a mundane task that many would hate but he loves it, any chance to get dirty and sweaty at a forge with his father, he is there.

A stark contrast to his sisters whom appear to detest getting themselves dirty. Well, unless we are in the farmlands and working with the plants and animals. Tahira & Kyomi love to milk the cows, Kyomi was even making strange noises at them too... not sure what that was about, perhaps talking to the cow? I didn’t know Matara had taught her something like that, maybe it was just a happy coincidence?

Ozenda has been very helpful around the house lately, as Matara has been trying to step up and literally work her butt off, meaning the little ones are home with her most of the day. That does however mean that somebody needs to leave meals out that are ready for them to eat, as im not the one that will be risking a fire by letting her in the kitchen...

Friends

Terto & Lissa
Met Lissa in Cordor today outside our home, I am very thankful that she seems to be doing well, though the poor dear is still wracked with guilt. She couldn’t have prevented what happened and was saddened to hear of her resignation, but it must be a lot of stress to deal with so it is understandable why she stepped down. The Hin seem to be all too happy shes gone, but i’ll get to that little nugget of information later..

I still do not know of Terto’s condition, I have not seen him around even despite being around in the dale for quite a lot in the past two weeks. I hope hes alright; he probably will not remember me though when I do see him again, I’ll need to be strong for his sake.

Aurora
I went to a place with Aurora last week. That was exciting her strength is really amazing for a lady. She looks so magnificent while she’s fighting... Just like Fifi and my Dunpling swinging that huge sword around like it’s made of Balsa wood. We also made a fair amount of profit from that trip.

Shes living in Guldorand now, which is a shame, it is so cold there I don’t know how she puts up with it. I have enough trouble padding my dresses to keep myself decent at chest level due to the cold! How does she cope with the chafing? I must ask her about it when next we meet...

Alara Thienfalin
I had heard some bad things had happened to Alara so I happy to see her again and see that things seemed to be doing okay with her. Though she is very quiet I should probably not mother her so much... If at all... That really is a terrible habit of mine, but when I see somebody so quiet or so gentle I can’t help myself... Thankfully she didn’t seem to mind at all.

Lunarya
She cut her eyes at me in passing on her way out of Cordor last week, im not sure if Fifi managed to talk to her yet but it I doubt it would make any difference. Lunarya seems to have decided that life with nuance is too difficult to live with and continues to wish to stay in ignorance, which honestly really is a total shame, I sent her a Hin messenger that was maybe a little harsh but... Really, who glares at people like that in public? When shes ready to stop living in a bubble I am happy to talk to her.

Maluvar Maulivur Mailavaur.. Myon Coronal Marley
Goodness what a mess, I have no idea how to spell his name... maybe I should write this in political.

Politics

Cordor
More questions arise in my mind every day, there had been a werewolf outbreak in the cultural district just a few days ago, which saw many people killed. My Dunpling still believes that Cordor is the safest place to be and I am starting to doubt his word again on this matter. Our children are unable to leave the house at all in cordor because there are murderers running loose in the streets, brawls outside the nomad every few days which results in more murders, and now werewolves in the city too!
Ive not heard a peep out of Governor Thron since he was re-elected, something needs to be done to combat the rampant violence on the streets!

Bendir
The Hin seemed far too happy to finally be rid of Lissa and to have another Hin as mayor, so much for being fellow Earthkin! When I question as to whether or not it is better to simply just have a good mayor regardless of creed rather than any old Hinfolk, I was looked upon as if I must be crazy. Then they started to claim that Hin are different and have different values to other races, which honestly in my experience is true but only in the most negative of aspects.

If by different values they mean being generally twice as miserable and half as tall then I think thats right on the money. They share the same general beliefs as most people who are of the good, do good things and be good to people! I do not understand why they think that they are somehow special in their beliefs or why they would shun even their own Earthkin for doing the jobs that none of them wanted or were capable of doing.

It just comes across as beyond petty and childish, like the insane woman that stated she could not swear fealty to the dale because its leader was not a kin. What a horrible thing to stand there and allow to come out of one’s mouth, if she cannot swear to protect a the land that all of her precious people live in because of such a reason then she is either an objectively bad person, amoral or completely misguided at best.

Myon
I met... Ma*the pen was obviously held here for a while in thought* Coronal Marley today when I was summoned to Myon to discuss some things with him. It turns out that he is not such a bad person as I had heard, while I obviously do not have the same investment in Myon that my dear friend Fifi does I did not find that I could fault Coronal Marley in our meeting.

He was courteous and seemed quite genuine, he also used my name this time rather than simply calling me ‘human’ though that might just because he was asking me for something? Honestly though dear I am glad for the hard stance he has on the growing goblin situation. Goblins seem to run amok across the lands far too freely these days, it is a bad omen I feel.

Coronal Marley (hes not even here and I feel intimidated by writing this, i need to know how to spell his name!) spoke of needing two bushes of berries for making tart and other deserts, so I am in the process of cultivating Raspberry and Strawberry seeds for him, they are coming along well.

I was then surprised again dear, as Coronal Marley revealed that his birthday also falls on the GreenGrass festival date. He admitted that he is distant from things of Green but still had much respect for all things of nature, which made me feel very much more at ease.

I mentioned that I had been trying to get in touch with Archdruid Y’ladda so that I could perhaps make plans to hold a festival in the Heartwood Grove again this year, Marley revealed that he could host the festival near the Myon Mythal portal! That would be lovely and would mean that people can use the caravan to get to and home from the festivities. So I agreed to that.

Economy & Inventory

By my lady goddess’s greying hair I never thought I would be so tired of seeing wands as I am now. I’ll explain dear... So after I met with Coronal Marley we took a walk with Alara and some of their kin, I showed them a place in the mountains where Mandrake herbs had taken root extensively.

I then went home to sleep and when I awoke I took a walk to Bendir where a Hin messenger greeted me and asked me to meet Myon Sentinel Mori. I thought it best to just summon her rather than send my own message. Sure enough Mori appeared before me and to my shock she was able to speak Common tongue really well, Astounding.

She told me that she had a wand order for me from Coronal Marley, a BIG wand order... 33 wands in total!

GOODNESS ME!” I thought to myself, but it was a business opportunity as well as a chance to really help people, so I set to work crafting the wands and labelling them appropriately. Almost an entire day later I managed to get through them all! By the time I finished making them dear I felt like if I ever saw a wand again it would be too soon...

The total cost based on the strength of the wands and their types and numbers was 366,225G hopefully that will go some way towards paying for the 300,000G crossbow my Dunpling decided it was a good idea to suddenly buy!?? My gracious I do despair sometimes...

Clergy & Clerical

Zachard is in trouble. I don’t know much about it but just after I finished making all those wands for Mori a Goblin messenger appeared and told me to talk to a Duergar fellow but ... In my haste to finish the pricing calculations for the wands I did not write down his name.

This Duergar is supposed to be trustworthy and is leading the investigation into some crime that Zachard was supposed to have committed down in... Wherever he’s being held... I will have to use the sight to find him, make sure hes okay and if possible bring him to safety.

I will finish on a lighter note; the cows keep escaping into the farmlands! Some vagabond stole the fence link that kept the cows in the pen. I had to ask a passing person to help me get the cow back into the right place, thankfully dear he seemed to be able to talk to animals too so that was rather fortunate!

Well thats all for now dear, I will get back to you another day, love and blessings to you.

Diilicious

Re: Musings of a Wife, Friend & Mother

Post by Diilicious » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Well I'm here again dear, so tighten that corset, there is a lot to get through!

Family
My Dunpling was super happy with the gift I had given him! A big success if I do say so myself <3. The return of "Mister Fishy" was a very welcome sight, and as I predicted he did indeed have that twinkle of mischief in his eyes while he held it. I could tell he wanted to rush out and test it on something like a local bear.

It really felt good in my heart to see him smile like that again. Though the smiles were short lived beyond that as he explained he would not be able to come with me to GreenGrass... My heart once aflutter with happiness had been made bittersweet and heavy, he said he needed to scout out the hells, I assumed it was something he would be doing with mister Varg, but when he turned up to the party my heartfelt even heavier than ever.

Chauntea forgive these words I write, but I had been almost happy in that there were no couples present at the party, being in their presence without my husband... It would have been more than I could bear. Lady forgive my selfish thoughts...

Matara has been steadily getting smaller over the weeks, which is not surprising given how much she walks around. Seems more new clothes will be in order by the end of Kythorn. which I know Kyomi will definitely want to help out with. I really wish that my Dunpling would take that girl somewhere and teach her how to fight though, I'm not sure what he expects from her at this point but anyone can see she needs help! I might even have to take classes in martial arts or something just to help her out.

I honestly think that's why Ozenda stopped leaving the house at all these days. She needs martial guidance and training that I just cannot provide for her, and her father seems to be unwilling to teach her so shes just given up. I do not know what to do about that dear, my magic is potent and can protect one from a great many things... But without even a foundation of knowledge on how to defend oneself it won't make any different to the eventual outcome. An outcome id rather not think about... Perhaps then it is better that Ozenda stay home in that case.

I have never seen Shiel so excited as he was this year, it is quite funny because my Dunpling made Shiel a set of armour, a sword and shield without him ever knowing it was for him. It must have been hard for Shiel to go through all the measurements with the armour but believe the armour was for the Hin client his father was making something for.

So when he was presented with the final work he actually squealed. I have never heard him make such a sound! He's been gloating about it to his sisters ever since. Not that they have not also been beside their selves with the gifts they received too, Kyomi has been spending all her time making adjustments to her garments and Tahira has had her nose in the books we got her ever since.

I have told them though that if I hear another argument about whose present is better I will confiscate all of their gifts, because they clearly will not understand their value.

Friends

Coronal Marley
Gosh, where to begin? The Coronal really came through in spades with the celebration preparations! considering the minimal communication we had in the interim between our initial discussion and the final event, I was surprised.

He had to exile somebody called Khabul during the party I think... it is still a little hazy I dont know who that person is but they must be a troublemaker, I was busy trying to watch the Archmage's magic show, which was rather wonderful if my memory serves me right!

Kyle & Eilonna
Now dear this is mostly information from the grapevine but, from what I managed to piece together it seems Kyle actually tried to KILL Eilonna... Those wounds were not from a mere domestic squabble, they were clearly intended to be fatal.

I have minimal contact with Eilonna on a day to day basis but to see her like that was difficult, with my ladys power I was able to fix her wounds after around a day of surgery, leaving minimal scarring in the process. As long as Azrael and Olivia can keep her fed and watered she will get better and start to feel a little lighter, as such wounds do make one feel heavy with agony.

Azrael & Olivia
Blow me down if I did not know that Sir Azrael was a follower of the Doombringer, that was a shock to my system if ever I've had one. Though it makes now more sense as to why he is so... 'amicable' shall we say in regards to Olivia's antics with undead creatures. I had always thought he was a Triadist.

I do not know still what to make of Olivia, my mind and teachings tell me that such a person who would be willing to bring forth the undead must be a bad person.

Looking upon that guilty smile of being caught eating cake made me think of my daughter Kyomi trying to sneak more pudding a few days previous. There must be something wrong with me, why do I feel like I want to mother her too?? if you know why dear do let me know!

Terto Tarquin
Well I met Terto to again, or rather I summoned him after he had sent me a Hin messenger. It seems that his memory is still foggy at best as he still did not really remember me, just as the one that he helped escape being sacrificed.

He gave to me five Dwarven incantations, he must have been holding onto them for at least the past eight years... memory is a strange thing, he must have known they were mine but I wonder how he knew such a thing?

Ghestaldt Blimth
Whoa it had been so many years since I had last seen Ghestaldt, it felt strange giving him a hug, was that too informal maybe? He IS the Thane of Brogendenstein and you gave him a hug as if he's your best friend. Yes but what am I to do?? I have missed him, It is hard to contain such emotions when he turns up so suddenly.

Sadly Finibelle was not with him, she delivered my children dear just so you know, the both of them mean so much to me. It really was good to see him, maybe I will apologise for being so informal in front of so many people. I hope I did not make him lose face.

Mori
This poor woman, so it turns out that Sentinel Mori was not given the task of sorting out the deal with me for all those wands after all. I bet she was just trying to be helpful and now it seems she has been punished for going ahead with such a costly wand order without informing anybody or trying to negotiate the price.

This was the first time so far that I have felt uncomfortable being in the Coronals presence, I hope that she was not punished too severely or I may have to suspend further wand orders. Time will tell....

Fifi
Fifi seems to be around more often these days, I always bump into her which is honestly lovely. She seemed to have some serious business to attend to during GreenGrass but was glad she came back and was able to enjoy the food I had prepared.

Then there is this business with Seril and his partner Daeris...

Seril & Daeris
While not strictly my friends so to speak, an elven gentleman was hiding in the grass at the edge of the woodlands near the Earthmothers Rest, while myself and Zachard were performing our evening prayers.

He overheard us speaking about miss Daeris and how I am trying to help the Coronal get her out of whatever terrible circumstances she is in right now. He was very skittish but I made clear that the shrine a peaceful place and he would not be harmed, even if he had been sneaking around.

I am not sure if Lady Chauntea herself guided him to us but it turns out this Elven gentleman is called Seril, and more than that this miss Daeris is his partner! though he said 'Mate', goodness, such a term is... it's so primal, gives me goose bumps hearing it, I would probably jump my Dunplings bones if he referred to me as such.

Anyway! Dear so I had summoned Fifi & Mori over to help me talk to Seril so that we could all talk with him and get the most out of his being somewhere they could communicate easily with him.

I worry for his partner, Daeris. Though Fifi did reveal that there is a plan in the works to rescue both of them from their captors, I pray to lady Chauntea that their plan be successful.

Zachard
Seeing Zachard again is always a lovely thing, he helped me bring the mountain of food I had cooked from Cordor to Myon. It seems he is under investigation for being a potential spy?? While I might not have put it past him in his earlier days before he found Chauntea, he is a different man now so much so that it is honestly quite enlightening, a constant reminder that there is always a way to the light if one wishes to accept the responsibility of one's actions and receive redemption.

He is a beacon of hope to myself and all others, a true testament to the kindness and ever-loving heart of Chauntea.

Just as an aside, ive never seen a man eat so much food. He was really enjoying himself, that gleam in his eye has he ate more cheesecake. Thats why im so glad I can cook!

Still no word from this Duergar named Kit...

Politics

Bendir
The Hin will be having a long series of meetings in the next few days to sort things out between them and hopefully iron out the hostilities that have been brewing over the use of the chapel. I wish to attend some of these if I get the time just so I can keep a pulse on the general attitudes of the population.

Kera mentioned that Fibbs had been taking a break from his Hawk'in duties because of an incident with the Spriggans again. They do command powerful enchantments that can make people do things they would not otherwise, or hear and see things that are not real. I heard he needed a break from all of this, hope he gets better soon.

Otherwise the situation in Bendir, by Kera's estimates, seems to be calming down quite a bit now.

Myon
There are so many more elves around Myon than there have been for many years, though I cannot speak of the conditions inside of the city for more than a mere glance everything seems very much as it always had been.

The Gardens are clearly tended to with a lot of love. Their trade Tsar seemed happy enough with their supply situation at present, and I had not been able to hear many dissenting opinions regarding Coronal Marley... Though I do have my own suspicions as to why that might be...

Economy & Inventory
The Healing potions do ever fly off the shelves with increasing speed these days, whenever I put them in and walk away I come back but not two hours later and they are all gone once again. I put forty into the shop just yesterday and within five hours all forty had been purchased.

My Dunpling says I am not pricing them high enough if they are being bought like that but I feel that the price I am selling them for accurately reflects their worth.. I sell my Healing scrolls for the same price.

I may have to bump the price up to 1800 per bottle, though in truth dear I really do not want to have to do that.

I received payment for the 33 wands that were ordered, the price was negotiated down some in exchange for supplies used in healing equipment. so the final sum received was 324,000 gold. meaning a profit of 174,000 gold.

Together with potions sales we have at least recovered from the cost of that crossbow my Dunpling decided to buy!

Clergy & Clerical
GREENGRASS

What a truely wonderful wonderful celebration it was! I am a little sad that Azrael didnt turn up, and my Dunpling wasnt there, or Matara... BUT Triah & Zachard came along with me, and there were dozens and dozens of people.

when it first began I had maybe thought that it would not draw very much interest but my worries were very quickly dispelled as more and more and more people turned up! I didnt get a chance to adress everbody and thank them for coming but I thanked who I could.

The menu
Oooh goodness did this cause some tears in this house while I was cooking. Like vultures the kids would circle wanting to have the mixing bowl or the spoon I was using to stir the ingrediants with.

so what caused all the fuss? well dear the following were on the menu.

Dessert menu
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Starlight Lemon Cheesecake
Magnificent Strawberry Cheesecake
Regal Raspberry Tart
Dark Chocolate & Fudge Pudding
- The star of the whole feast!
Homemade Apple Pie

Main Courses
Classic Aranged Salad (10 servings instead of 5)
Rich Potato Salad
Barbequed Bear & Cheese Lattice
Deep Dish Wolf & Ale Pie
Roast Boar & Ale Pie
Stir fried Anaconda & Spring onion
- The black sheep!
Mud Crab Supreme
Bendir Flatfish Pie
(like shepherds pie but with fish!)

I also stacked up on a lot of alcohol, Hesta gave me a discount which was grand! the cart was super heavy but Triah, Zachard and me managed to get to Myon just before everything started.

I tried to resist but I ended up drinking a glass of that Myonian Glowfire, oooh my goodness dear I tell you, it felt as though a tiny fire elemental had been dancing a dance inside my tummy, such a firey glow inside! By half way through the second glass.. I will be honest dear I was having trouble remaining on my feet... I missed the wood consignment, or.. at least I was too impaired to be able to really see what was happening, or pay much attention.

I must send the pudding King & Queen more pudding as thanks for looking after me while I was impaired.

Overall a truely wonderful celebration that would have made Chauntea proud!