Weatherwitch's Diary {Luthane Barasstan}

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Weatherwitch's Diary {Luthane Barasstan}

Post by kittenblackfriends » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 pm

How long have I been afraid? I force the cheerful face, while knowing I'm a monster. I have power, and I only use it because I must...yet the temptation to wield it like so many of the gods do is all too great. I fear myself, and what would happen if I lost control. If I got angry, and let it out on others.

I've been taught to be afraid of myself. To keep control. After so long of letting these rules form welts on my ego, I don't know how long I can last. I want more destructive spells - I want less destructive spells. The duality of every motion - for blazing hot, there is bone-chill. For staleness, there are gales so fierce one cannot breathe. The earth shakes and quakes, yet also fosters growth. They drive me wild, and I flee.

Instead I use snide, joking remarks. Or challenge myself mentally - that gives me frustration sometimes, but never anger. Or maybe I cozy up to people. Whatever gets me away from the fact that the storm lies in my blood and flashes in my eyes.

~

WV and I have settled up in Guldorand, of Arelith. Quiet. The creatures here are odd - much different than Mistledale, with the bigger cats, wyverns, spiders, yetis, and constructs. W got a boat. I got a shop and room. There is some relief in having a home once more.

I've discovered the Astrolabe. He can keep the boat. I was at peace there, in a place without the elements, a place outside the elements, and yet a place I could dive to impossible depths within them. Shifting, above, beyond anger and fear, merely curiosity. I need to get more glass made. I want to explore more.

Water brought me to a place that challenged me too far - pirates can be formidable. Perhaps even more formidable than the Sahuagin we fought on the island, but the serpents were cute. I want one as a pet. Aliue says they aren't easily tamed though.

I also got to get that ring to AR. I saw him and his squire while practicing - though I will admit the alcohol on my breath helped. Miss Anna, I brought and got her the portal for Guldorand - see if there can be a better feminine presence to counteract all the shirtless men.

~

What would it be like to lose myself, if only for a little while? Would I find relief, or would the fear and guilt become worse?
Last edited by kittenblackfriends on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

kittenblackfriends

Re: Weatherwitch {Luthane Barasstan}

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:48 pm

The cliffside shrine in the logging camp is quite beautiful. Everyone comes together for one purpose. The bonsai I filched and cut is holding up well too - perhaps the ribbons were too much to drive home? I wonder if Malyss is for malice? I need to make more mojo so I can play more. Running near the Weatherstone is fun, even if I dislike that someone has harnessed it - nothing good comes from playing with weather.

I want to explore more today. Time to head down to Cordor and heist some spare hands and feet. And submit this painting; I could use the gold. Always run. Make sure to study, so you don't lose control. My will is my power, not my power my will.

~

Given a choice. Attack and prove point and lose, or stay alive and report. I don't want to be using my magic where I live.
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

kittenblackfriends

Re: Weatherwitch's Diary {Luthane Barasstan}

Post by kittenblackfriends » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 am

Found the red-head. She looked alive though dinged up. I offered her help. Also found a newer wildwalker - now with the Cavalry - and offered her what knowledge I have from the temple.

Went to go get sand, ran into a fiendpacter. Since he dismissed his cretin readily, I did not attack him. Merely warned him and gave advice. I doubt he took it to heart. I did not put any emotion into my pleas, since I didn't want to slip in my anger.

O ancient shield forgotten by the gods
Forged when the world was new
Open up, release thine heartache
And ostend the power of the cosmos