Last will of Ingeborg Herzmesser

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MoreThanThree

Last will of Ingeborg Herzmesser

Post by MoreThanThree » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 am

To whom it may concern,

In the coming days, Wharftown will be obliterated by Cordor. The two settlements have shared a dark, hundreds-year relationship of perpetual hostility. As the latter has grown into a prominent kingdom to which I have pledged my servise, the former has stagnated into violence and mob rule. I will be present for the final hours of Wharftown, and if I do not make it home in time to feed this letter to Koßüth, I make these final divisions of my belongings:

I give my manor to my family, for them to keep or sell as they see fit.
One third of my gold will be given to General Sewiran Danethe, who I loved dearly.
Another third of my gold will be given to Soldier Verity, who was always happy to see me.
The final third share of my gold will be given to my sister, Helga Herzmesser, who I loved dearly.
To Helga, if she comes to settle in Cordor, I bestow the title of Matriarch of Herzmesser. I also request that she resieve my title as Patrician.
The gonnes, swords, metals, and armors in my possession will be donated to the Church of Cordoria, with the expectation that they will be used in defense of my dear city.

With the remainder of this page, I reflect on the role Wharftown has played in my life, and the role I played inside of it.
My earliest and fondest interactions with the city are tinged with love; this was once the home of two of my dearest friends, Claire and Sylali Foreshine. Together, they nurtured a garden and an old haund with their love. Visiting the town was once a favored pleasure of mine, but not even elves are eternal.
When Armenius took power and reformed the defence of the town, I volunteered to join his militia. No oaths were drawn to Tempos or to Wharftown, the militia of Armenius was the warlord's iron grasp. My distaste for Armenius may cloud my judgment, but I hope that any former comrads with whom I fought to defend the city in the prior years may forgive my final betrayal.

Signed,
Ingeborg Herzmeßer
Blademißtreß of Tempos, Captain of the Golden Eagles, Matriarch of House Herzmesser on Arelith, Patrician of Cordor

Addendum:
Do not erect a statue of me if my body is never found.
20 RPR GANG

MoreThanThree

Re: Last will of Ingeborg Herzmesser

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:54 pm

The will curls up in Inge's hearth and blackens.
20 RPR GANG