A short and pathetic life.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AllTheWorld

A short and pathetic life.

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:28 pm

I love her.

I'm not any more passionate than the next man, but she awoke something special in me. One night she was just there before me, beckoning me closer. She wouldn't let me have her but there was such a tantalising feeling...

I don't know how to explain it. We didn't talk, there was some kind of understanding. She loves me, too, but she must wait. Why must she wait? Why must I wait? I want her to come again.
No one else has ever loved this way before.

AllTheWorld

Re: A short and pathetic life.

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:30 pm

I love her.

She appeared before me on the ship to Arelith. Somehow she finds me, even isolated and out to sea. Her hair smells of...

I could almost feel her lips. She came so close to me. Still, we must wait. I hate it. We were so close. What does she want from me?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:31 pm

I love her.

She was in my bed when I woke, whispering into my ear. I couldn't feel her warmth but I knew she was there. My eyes stayed closed, I couldn't bear to open them and lose the sensation of such proximity.

I know she loves me. She said so, and now I know how we can be together. All she asked for was a drop of my blood. I bit my finger hard and then I could feel her lick it clean. She was gone so suddenly, why did she leave me?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm

I love her.

She was in my dreams and told me something secret. It was a joke. The whole world is a joke. I laughed so much! It hurt when I laughed at it, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

She kissed my cheek as my ears bled. It was funny! She wants me to share it with others. Hah, we're all a joke. Why do we bother?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

I love her.

She shows me more and more. I felt so sore today, sitting in my chair and feeling my wounds throb. When I closed my eyes, I could hear her sweet voice again. Cutting through the noise, a cool breath on a hot day.

With her words I felt my wounds ease slowly. No, perhaps it was more that they numbed. As if I had applied ice to the swollen limbs. Why is she so good to me? I don't deserve her.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I love her.

I know she loves me, but she bids me to become more likeable to others. She wants me to have more friends, to have people who can support me. Just whisper, she said to me.

Her soft touch is something to learn from. Softness is attractive, but oh how hard she can be. She was cold to me today. I hope I make her happy, I need her to love me.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I love her.

And I miss her. She hasn't come back to me. Where is she? I feel like I'm fading away, or maybe it is just that I fade when I compare myself to her. She is so special, too much for me. I don't know. Can I go on?

I'm not sure if I can. I just need to see her. Where is she? Why won't she come to me? I feel so tired. Maybe I'm not making her happy. I should try harder. Why am I still writing?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 pm

I love her.

She finally came back to me. I was reading by candlelight and felt her fingers brush through my hair. From that touch, cold spread through my body. I felt calm and so happy that she was back.

Chills up my spine. Cold lips on my neck. I wanted to reach for her, but I couldn't move. She wouldn't let me. Why won't she let me? She's so cold.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:08 am

I love her.

Maybe I've been making mistakes with her. I'll do better. I've learnt to avoid harm, slipping away in the visage of a ghost. She told me it will keep me safer.

Prying eyes do more to harm than prying fingers. They can be poked out. Hot needles, blunt knife, rusty cork spiral? A shard of ice that melts away to leave a gaping wound - blinded forever. Soon.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:10 am

I love her.

The harm I endure every waking moment is for her. They'll never get the better of me, not whilst I wield her secrets. She showed me a glimpse of The Mirror.

Behind every being lays a monster in wait, a terrifying thing with a broken face and a mouth that opens so wide that you can see the starry night within. The Mirror contains the madness. We can't possibly begin to contemplate, all I can do is hold it back.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm

I love her.

But she sometimes tells me I shouldn't. It makes me love her ever more. She didn't want to see me, so bid me to disappear. I was going to take my life, but she showed me a better way.

I was ready. It scared me, but I would have done it. I'm sure. Maybe. I don't know. Now I can remain out of sight as she does, but why does she not wish to look at me? I am never good enough.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 am

I love her.

She showed me the space between moments. The Mirror's sacred display, a fraction of a moment, the time of darkness in a blink of an eye. It is terrifying. Nothing ever stops, but it can seem to. It can appear to reverse, water runs upward and fire provides rather than consumes.

I will never. She's said so. But to change a perspective? That is ok. It is ok to let their moments stretch out as if they would last an eternity. One step back from eternity is still long enough. I'll love her longer than that.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm

I love her.

I can hear the beasts cry out when I hurt them, freeze their extremities to snap them off. I wait for them to warm just a little so that the throbbing pain rushes back. I could always understand them.

She's shown me how to keep them happy. Despite the pain, despite my actions, the twinkle in my eye lends to their affections. They lean against me for support as their bodies begin to fail. I sink them lower, but I always know that their last moment in this world is a sudden realisation that I am not their friend. It is terror for them.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

I love her.

Weave a new charm, unravel a protection. Twist feathers of an eagle, strip the skin of a squealing rabbit. She wants me to make and unmake, so that I can learn from the doing. There's a beauty to it - the endless cycles of things in flux.

Everything is a part of that. Everything changes and is changed. It all lives, it all dies. Trees, mountains, rivers, creatures, me. It's all beautiful, and it can all be undone. She tries to be patient with me, I see it now. She is as old as the stars.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm

I love her.

I have unlocked something special. Time can be bent, twisted so that everything around me seems to move so much slower. As I perceive them moving slowly, they see rapid activity. My thoughts, my actions. Everything feels the same, but it passes through time at a different rate than I do.

I can bring people with me. This is how I am useful. To warp time for others and speed them along their way. Perhaps it gives them more? What a gift! They owe her. Like I do.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I love her.

I'm always cold and can't get warm. It doesn't matter when she's there, my love for her warms me. But when she's gone? It sinks in. It seeps through me like the loneliness of her affections.

Other women look at me now. They're warm and comforting, soft and forbidden. She encourages me to use more of the magic to protect myself and find the things that I want. Anything I enjoy will be taken from me, I must be careful.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 am

I love her.

I wonder if she has me followed. Things move ever so slightly on the edge of my vision. It's always a leaf, a stick or a strange shadow cast by the sunlight through the canopy. Does she trust me? She must know.

I feel them close in on me when my back is turned. As the night falls, the cold seeps through. They haven't touched me but I'm worried they'll sap my strength away until my heart can no longer beat. The shadows are too close. They're always right behind me.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 pm

I love her.

I cry at night. Sometimes I don't know why. It's worse when I know why. I've found a new home, new friends, developed new magic and wrote a new book, but I'm terrified it will all fall apart. How long can I keep this up? I want to keep these things.

She wanted me to cry. She kept whispering mean things, cruel things, right into my ear as I slept. I woke up in such a terrible mood - but it unlocked something different. A burst of sound, a nasty little spell with vibrations that harm. I'll shout it out. I'll feel better.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:49 am

I love her.

I know a way to make them listen to me now. It doesn't always work, but when it does they love me. Just for a little while. Sometimes they still don't do what I want them to. Some of them have stronger minds than others.

Strong minds are foiled by the emotions of their loved ones. I think I know a better way, a way that doesn't need a lot of magic. Maybe the magic will just support the effort? I'll ask her. She'll know.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 pm

I love her.

It's a confusing world we live in. The more of the secrets I learn, the more I realise just how different it all is. We don't get it. We don't really understand at all. The Mirror gives a reflection of a real truth.

It terrifies. It is enough to drive a person mad. Perhaps madness is what eats at me, or perhaps I need to share just a glimpse of the unseen to others. I haven't seen her in weeks and this scares me more than The Mirror ever could.

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 am

I love her.

It feels like my attention slips sometimes. Tiny lives around me all ready to fulfil a pointless destiny, any of them to be replaced at any time by another. I watch this lecture and see all of the mouths moving, but all I hear is the buzzing of the bees. Merry little things going about their business and working for the hive.

Fly, little bee! They think they fly so high! Bees aren't dangerous, but they sting. And where are the stingers on these little bees? It is in their magic. In their relationships. In the sense of permanency created simply by buzzing in this tall hive. Smoke flushes bees out, fire makes them pop.

Pop, little bees!

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

I love her.

She said to find a room in a tower on an island, and I thought I had. I thought it was enough, but how I was mistaken! Wrong island. Wrong tower. Wrong room. There is so much here, so much done and so much to do! Sisters once here, and now another.

Every stone has a memory, some of them from the island, some of them from the quarry across the sea. Hah! I remember it as if it were yesterday, stone that remembers me as I do it. Here I might be free of this body or this mask. The masks. Which one is the face I need? Which one does she want?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 am

I love her.

It was bottled laughter and stolen dreams. I hadn't know until another told me. They were so easy to find when I reached for them, as if I had been seeking them all along. A recipe to make her happy, a token to win her glorious attention. Stolen innocence, heated rivalry, a vow for vengeance.

I could take them all! No, not take. I could seek them. They need to be persuaded and nurtured, dominated and threatened, kissed and caressed, all to give them willingly. The first was too easy. It meant nothing at all; parasite, strangler, sickness! I broke it and the thing plagues me.

Gnihi!

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:13 am

-Break-

I love her.

Why am I imprisoned? Where have I been put? Am I in a jar on the shelf of a pantry, waiting to be taken and stirred into a broth? What does she cook up today? Tonight?

My work was incomplete! My gifts were still growing, why has she pulled me away? How can it stall like this?! All the effort, all the plans, all of it means nothing now. There's only darkness. Darkness as I wait for my love to love me again.