Letters Home - Updates to Tantras

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

OverTheSeaToSkye

Letters Home - Updates to Tantras

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:07 pm

The letter is one of many in a bound packet, all due to be sent off to Tantras in good time.

Confanonier Jameson;

I have safely arrived on the isle to which you dispatched me. I confess a certain hesitance in moving forward, perhaps because this is my first step into the path I have trained for, perhaps because this place is completely crazy. I am not sure yet. You will likely be the first to know, when I have decided.

The main city itself is as many others, though much smaller. It would fit neatly on a couple of streets of Tantras, but I am assured it is, in fact, the "capitol", so to speak, of the island. I find this nervewracking. There are the poor and indigent here, as well, and I intend to do what I can to uplift them, both materially and spiritually. It seems too few pay attention to their plight. Wish me well with this endeavour.

I have sought out those of the Temple of the Triad, which is a pretty building, though both less impressive and smaller than any I am accustomed to. There is no martial arm that I have seen, though there is one listed. They have not yet contacted me, but I shall persevere.

As developments come, I shall update you as agreed. I know I am on my own, but these letters provide me some measure of comfort, and for that I am grateful.

Tell Cook I send my best, and I already miss her stew.

Shereene Jorian
Knight-Aspirant
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

OverTheSeaToSkye

Re: Letters Home - Updates to Tantras

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:25 pm

The writing of this letter is visibly harried and shaky, and not at all the steady, blocky script of the one below it.

Confanonier Jameson;
As agreed, you are the first to know. This place is crazy. I have decided.

I had been on the island less than a week, and was beset by murderous, bloodthirsty fey. "Grigs", the pixie I met called them. I am not sure if the pixie was male or female; I am not even sure if a difference even exists amongst their kind, but Friend Dewdrop was a singular, friendly fey, who warned the city of the Grigs. I ran to help, and was nearly slain, by a being no larger than my hand. To say I was mortified would be putting it lightly.

I got help, and Dewdrop was saved from her malevolent kin, blessedly. It would seem my bronze armour and weaponry simply were not a match to tiny beasts calling down thunder and acid rain from the heavens, and I woke sometime later on the forest floor, Lady Innogen having barely saved me from returning to Torm's embrace. A man called Kyle, who called himself a knight, chose this time to start an argument within the party about some goings-on with some woman, some months before. I was astonished, Confanonier, I shall not lie. These fey were a very real and present threat, and it was not even approaching an appropriate time for a fight of anything else, let alone alienating partymembers who might see the current threat to its end. I see now that some kind of training regimen is needed, even for those who have been here some time. I shall see to it, in time.

We ended up facing down a Hag. She was the singular ugliest creature I have ever laid eyes on, and I do not solely refer to her outward appearance. However, if her forward troops could kill me with no issue whatsoever, I thought it prudent to barter for our freedom, rather than attack. I provided her some trinkets, and she gave us information about why the grigs were there, and allowed us passage back to the forest.

I have a sinking feeling that this is likely the mildest happening I shall relay in future communications.

Shereene Jorian
Knight-Aspirant
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents