An Early Dawn in the Bramble Wood

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

An Early Dawn in the Bramble Wood

Post by The Kriv » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:22 am

A lightly armored elven ranger in forest greens and earth-tone browns, wearing a very distinct white stag helm searches the interior of the Bramble Outpost shelter.

Muttering to himself as he pushes away tables, workstations, moves bunks, tears apart the contents of the storage locker, "It has to be here somewhere... it HAS to... c'mon, Kregor, my old friend, I know you stashed a copy some...."

His muttering stops as he taps the back wall of the storage locker. A hollow sound.

"YES!!!!"

His dirt filled fingernails pry the lip off of a small compartment revealing a soft buck-leather wrap tied closed with a small leather strap. The elf gets down on his hands and knees, placing the leather-wrap on the ground of the shelter in front of the storage locker. He unties the wrap and spreads it out on the dirt floor.

A several duplicate parchments with the official seal of Cordor lies protected within. In pristine condition

"YES. good man. Copies!" The elf speaks under his breath. "Oh, Kregor I'd kiss you right now if you were here."

The elf leans back, still on his knees, unfolds one of the copies of the document, holds it up to the candlelight of the outpost. The document reads:

City of Cordor - Bramble Watch Treaty
In recognition of its continued assistance, the City of Cordor offers its gratitude to the Bramble Watch as follows:

I: Summary
The Bramble Watch are formally recognized as stewards over the undeveloped and outlying lands bordering Cordor. As stewards the Bramble Watch are hereby granted care and oversight of the land from the Bramble Forest and its thickets, Northern and Eastern Frontier, and the Traders Route North to the edge of the Liberated Territories' Bridge.

II: Considerations
The Watch agrees to patrol the lands within these bounds, and maintain its flora and fauna. The Watch shall also act as caretakers of the game and resources within. The Watch will regulate such resources to the mutual benefit of the forest and the City of Cordor. The Watch shall act in cooperation with the Cordor Guard and Military forces to act as officers, scouts and advance support for the security and defense of these lands. Cordor's forces will in return support the Watch's actions to this end, and communicate directly with the Bramble Watch's officers on relevant issues.

In further consideration and remembrance of the Watch's past aid, and to facilitate their operations, Cordor will grant, in deed and title, the land within the Bramble Forest's southern quadrant - from the northwestern hill current hosting their outpost, to the southern hill named by them as Howling Peak - for their use as they see fit within Cordor law.

III: Terms
The terms of this agreement shall pass through the generations of the Bramble Watch, its Warden, Scouts and Druids - belonging to no one man, but the whole of the Bramble Watch.
The elf's eyes look down to the bottom of the document. It is signed by the Councilors Sellenia Astarith and Giogi Silveroak and bears the seal of the City of Cordor.

A shallow smile comes to his lips. "Looks like I'm not going to get that personalized tour of the Cordor Prison after all..."

Folding up the documents, he places one securely in his vest pocket, while re-wrapping the remaining documents. "These will need be placed... somewhere secret... somewhere safe."

The elf gains his feet and slips into the shadows of Brambles under the golden light of the early morning dawn.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen