Journal of a Priestess...

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Journal of a Priestess...

Post by DarkDreamer » Fri May 26, 2017 10:10 am

Its dawn again, another sleepless night out of how many so far? One week, two? Possibly two I think, not since my capture and torture anyways. Now one of the few people I feel truly comfortable opening up to is gone, Kyle has left the Temple and with it sent my world crashing down. I am falling apart yet cannot tell anyone that understands or listens. My brothers and sisters here in the temple would listen, but they cannot understand. The other day I stood at the Altar of Eilistraee and found no joy, no smile, just distress and absence. I couldn't bring myself to pray to her. I couldn't bring myself to look at her again and feel the same pain as I did those days below. I don't blame her, but I cannot worship her further. I cried the first night I realized it, the nightmare doesn't stop, the pain doesn't stop.

I still see them, I still hear them. Still feel her dagger pressed hard against my skin as she demands the names of those I called my kin, and still...I do not regret telling her to piss off. It is the one and only thing I can carry with me. That I did not betray the others to them. I must see Amadeo soon, I need to go back to my monk training or I feel I will be horribly lost. I am truly out of balance and horribly so, I cannot do this battle alone, I know that. Yet how do I make it stop?

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Journal of a Priestess...

Post by DarkDreamer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:23 pm

So, again my life started to fall apart, I had started falling for Kyle....and he fell for Akira, and I had to put my heart to the side. I will help him heal, help him get his life back on track. He is still a brother to the faith regardless of how my heart feels for him, though I am truly happy he is happy.

He has officially started his redemption and is doing very well, his heart is truly in it and he prays with me to Ilmater, a great start I think. He seems truly on the path to get back in with the temple and get it up and running again.

I asked Noirin to make me Emissary of the Temple of the Triad, he was going to put Eric in as such, but Eric already has other responsibilities with the more important things going on, and I have been sidelined all this time. My insistence paid off and I was named Emissary.

I am eating a bit more now, but I still do not sleep well. Amazing what makeup and some magic can hide.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:03 pm

How many times will that horrible woman wreck havoc on Kyles heart, how many times will I find him in tears aching over her actions or his in response to her actions? It breaks my heart to see him so distressed. I spent several hours soothing and calming him once more before finally getting him to sleep. After getting him to sleep...I finally made my decision.

I went to Myon today...I had hopes of seeing Elessar but again they were in vain, I posted to the main board the went to post it on his door, only to realize he lost the apartment. I left the letter with Vanion though. Four years now I haven't seen him, I am sad it ended this way, but for now I have to move on. Yet I still feel broken. I really hope things start to get better soon....for all of us.

*the page is stained with tears*

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Its been a long time since I have had the strength to write in this book, so much has happened since then its strange, yet it hasn't entirely been a bad thing. I wrote home to Elessars parents and explained everything, I hope they forgive me, I truly love them. I also promised not to keep the boys from them at all. Me and Kyle are married and expecting our first child. Daltynn Maythor Eldafire. The name holds high meaning for us both, one for Daltanius Silverarms, who was lost to us when he was tricked in the Underdark Arena into slaughtering women and children. I don't know where he is now, but I pray to Ilmater he is finally at peace, and Maythor, the dwarf who all but raised me when my adoptive parents finally passed away. I love that dwarf beyond compare and miss listening to his stories. I pray he is still enjoying his ale and finding everything he could ever enjoy.

The nightmares still come and go, but not as bad nor nearly as often. It doesn't take much to trigger them though. Jadoth seems to like talking in the drow tongue infront of me, and others about Arakh, both are always a trigger for me. They make me lock up and feel sick, sending my mind back to that cell. At those times I would prefer either to lash out and hurt the one bringing it back...or run away, which is generally what I do, I flee the area and the conversations.

I am also now the head of Public Works. I admit I enjoy the work and see no issues at all with doing it, handling magic writs, Patrician writs, setting up city events and so on. Ortega and Erasmus are doing a great job as are most of the others, though me and Alyssia are gonna have some words on her trial with Ingborg and Kyle.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 pm

It has been a long time again since I wrote, I am married and have a child, and yet now I worry more then ever...Kyle has changed so much in such a short amount of time it is terrifying. He is rude,
demanding, tried ordering me around like some servant, following some heretic goddess that likely doesn't even exist. How do I respond to all this? I have of course made contingency plans incase this gets out of hand, I hate it and really wish it wasn't needed. After Elessar though I cant take that risk again without having plans of my own. Ilmater help me please....

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:53 pm

What in the hell happened to my marriage...my husbands in jail, my son is miles away, and everything is insane...what do I do and feel? Gods Ilmater where are you when I need you, I don't even know if I can draw breath let alone continue on. Part of me while I was in the fugue encouraged me to just let go....to not come back. Though what would happen then? Part of me wanted to find out. Part of me still does. What would happen to the House of Salvation? To Daltynn? To Kyle? I don't know.....so much is in the air I am damn near going mad.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Tera'thiel has returned, but without our son, he fears for his safety and has left him with family, he bids me to rest and find solance but I cannot, I cannot do anything but feel the pain and the cold build up inside me. To what end? I cannot be sure, I havent felt this cold inside since I was held by drow....or since Jonathans death. How do I feel anything again?

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:27 am

Epilogue...

It all started with a simple request, to be able to search Kyles house for information. A simple request one might think. So off she went to let them in, bidding them not to touch the basin and the altars....but elven curiosity is a dangerous thing. Tera had to cross beyond the altars, had to investigate...and it woke her up. It didnt take long for the hag to take advantage of the situation, an elemental had been summoned and it destroyed the altar barrier surrounding the basin, setting it free once and for all. Everyone there fought in vain, trying to destroy the creature, but she was far too powerful. They had no chance of stopping her. So a choice had to be made.

She would never see her son again, her husband....she made sure to ask someone to tell him that she loved him...and that she forgave him. Then with her will, she poured some of the vial into the basin, and drank the rest. Calling to Ilmater, asking him to bind them as one, a statue to bind the hag forever.

Almost instantly she could feel the cold settling in, her heart straining to pump blood through her body in duress. She felt the tears as she said goodbye to those in the room, asking them to look after her son and those she cared for. As she said her final goodbyes, she felt everything grow stiff and cold. Darkness set in, and all was quiet....she was gone, a statue, a final sacrifice as a Knight.