A Paladin's Journal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

A Paladin's Journal

Post by Cybernet21 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:25 pm

*a normal writing,not beautiful nor ugly in a clean and simple journal page*
This is my first time writing in a journal,i never thought i would need to,but with the current on-goings i must have someone or something to say or write my thoughts.

Yesterday i met a friend and fellow Knight,Dame Elona Winsbane,she looked sad and weak because of what...Jadoth had done with her and Dragonsong,i went to her and said if she wished to talk i was there for her,then we went to talk and this made me realize how much suffering this Sabine *the writing seems to written with a bit more force on the name*has brought upon almost everyone i know.

First the commander,and probably many people before her,then Jadoth... and now Elona and the innocent life of the unborn child of Sarina...all of this because of that witch,i swear to Tyr i will bring Justice to her as well as to Sarina and Jadoth although i wish to save the last two if possible,unfortunately i lack the Strength still...i must train harder and with more resolve.Justice always find a way *the writing ends here*
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Cybernet21

Re: A Paladin's Journal

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:25 am

My health worsened these past 6 months or so...i felt weak again.I am recovered now although i still feel pain as if i was getting drained of life by that Lich,fortunately it only happens once or twice in a month,but the pain can become almost unbearable...and i have no one to be comforted by...i must not show weakness to my fellow Crusaders and to my Squire or risking letting my foes know about it...this journal is the only small comfort i can find.

After i recovered and was able to know about what happened while my health was weakened and i could barely walk,It seems the eye of the storm has passed and we're back at the storm...Stronger Drow Raids in the Surface(they reached Wharftown...and might soon attack Cordor),Undead activity around Cordor increased(something to do with a negative energy sort of explosion),and a Mercenary Army that has replaced the guard,and is not directly serving the King but the Chancellor(wich seems to have been in suspicious activity before becoming Chancellor)and one of the captains being a Banite

It seems some bad times are coming...and i cant bear to know i might not be able to help those who cannot protect themselves because my health can be weakened at any time...
*the writing ends here*
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 am

Today i met the temple guardian,Noirin, and Jadoth Dawnfire,we started talking.A discussion that started when i asked Noirin's opinion about the Golden Eagle company,Jadoth overheard the convesation and joined,it seems that it wasnt a safe topic to discuss on the streets,so we went to the Temple meeting room,it seems both Noirin and Jadoth have their suspicions on this new "guard",it seems they tend to bend the law to get their way,maybe with a philosophy of "the end justifies the means",so i am decided i shall not join them,Tyr would never forgive me if i did...bendig the law makes them just like the evil they say they fight...

The discussion then went on and suddenly we were talking about Jadoth's latest...actions.It seems he as well thinks the goals justify whatever you do to reach them,even if that means losing our way...he believes if the good people are always holding their actions back then evil always triumphs,wich many of us have been trough,but i believe those moments are tests of the gods,to see if we are truly devoted to the good.

Jadoth spoke about what happened with Sarina truly,saying i only heard the lies Elona told to me...wich made me somewhat angry,Elona is a friend of mine and a fellow knight...i saw how Jadoth scarred her mind and body for life,but it also made me worried...Jadoth was indirectly saying that hurting innocents to defeat evil was acceptable.Me and Noirin tried to convince him we did not have to lose our way to defeat evil...we said he wasnt alone...i belive we made him think about it but not convinced him truly,Sarina's betrayal truly hurt him...

Other than that,Elona joined us to discuss Temple businnes,nothing of note.Then we each went our separate ways for now.We must now defend Cordor from Wharftown..that supports the Drow...*the writing ends here*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:28 am

Today i have seen what the Eagles are capable of,they are truly different than the guard,and not very honorable it seems.A dwarven mage conjured a fire circle around him to warm himself,the Red cloaks were present,the "General" and one of the members,and told him to dispel the circle as it might hurt people,and with that i agree it's in Cordor's laws,using a spell that might hurt someone is considered public endangerment(i still have the law book with me,even though i'm not a guard anymore),but the methods Never used...,he firstly didnt try reasoning ,as the guard once did,he went straight to what i thought...arresting,he said the mage had until the count of 5 to dispel the spell but..,in a very dishonorable way, ..on 4 he unsheathed his blade and...murdered the dwarf in a very fast move...no one had the time to react...that shocked me and it angered me as well,i was taught in the guard to use force as a last method(specially on cases like this)...but Never went straight to it.

After that the General used the excuse that they were at war so he had the authority to do that,i'm glad i didnt join them and will do everything in my power to make them be dissolved and the guard to come back,altough it might be hard choosing the new commander, and Brother Noirin agrees with me on this...the guard must come back after this war or when the next chancellor takes power.

Speaking of the war it seems many members of the Temple,and other people,believe there is many things the leaders appear to be hiding what this war is about,it seems the Temple has decided we offer our full support to defend Cordor but we'll choose when and how we help on the offensive.Among the people that were discussing about this there was a Banite,Tyr forgive me,that was...sensible and agreed with some of our views,he also said he was agreeing because this was no religious matter,and we should not bring our religious wars to places like Cordor,Noirin reluctantly agreed.I somewhat agree as well,although i will never trust a Banite.

And the last thing for this page/chapter,i feel the pains coming back,let us hope i can hold them back long enough in public so no one sees it...i must remain strong

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:09 am

Today i write about...not something of the current on-goings(other than i'm glad Sister Elona is running for chancellor, i support her and agree with all her opinions about the city and that the guard needs to be reestablished)but about a litlle adventure to help a friend,not a very close one but a friend nonetheless, and how happy i am that, besides everything that is going on,people can still find their purposes in life and reach their goals.Be it a epic goal to free the land of evil...or proving yourself worthy to enter the elven city,seeing as you were discriminated your whole life just because you are a half-blood.

That is the story of Findecano,a young half-elven man that was always discriminated in Neverwinter and had to live on the slums because of it,just because he is a half-blood,something i see it as unjust ,something that Tyr would never defend,for me he is just like the rest of us and even better than some "pure-bloods".And despite all that he learned how to use a bow very effectively,to follow Ilmater and help others,and learn elven completely and now,after a journey where he had many friends help including me,has proved himself of a pure heart and able to enter Myon.I respect that man.

The journey was short and nothing happened,other than entertaining a poor old man that has to live by the toll bridge and stand there all day,helping a Hin beggar,that unfortunately got attacked by a bear when we went away...and couldnt have his soul returned but we returned him to the village so that he could be given a proper rest,and fighting off many dangers including a bugbear ambush.This little adventure has given me more hope than most might think...it showed to me that despite terrible events happening,people still reach their goals and purposes.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:46 am

My pains are back...it seems they never stop coming back every month or so,i guess the Lich incident scarred my mortal body for life..i hope Tyr protected my soul.The pains made me have to lighten up my training,as well as lose some important decisions of the leaders of this island,like the King's decision to raze Wharftown unless the mad mayor surrenders,wich of course he didnt,the razing is set for in a few days of this entry.That decision raises a few doubts within me,is it right to to raze a city and have the innocents to lose their homes?Even if most of the people there are evil deities worshippers,Drow sympathizers or just common bandits...there are some innocents.

Some of the King's words ease my doubts however,he said he took a long time to make the final decision to raze Wharftown and it seems Cordor's governement is doing everything to lead the innocent refugees of Wharftown to a safe place,and even build refugee camps,it didnt get rid of my doubts...but houses can always be rebuilt as my Brother of the temple,Aerin,said.

Speaking of the temple,it seems Kyle Eldafire never was a Knight of the Triad formally,he never went through squireship,but now that he came back from losing his way,he wishes to go through squireship and re-learn our Virtues,it seems Brother Timon chose me to teach Kyle,and i accept him as my squire,even though Kyle has more experience than i and may know more about the virtues than i,but i can never doubt myself.

I also forgot...the pains stopped me from going to Kyle and Elona's wedding...i am happy for them truly..it's just that...,Tyr forgive me, i may have unconciously thought i could be more to Elona ever since i talked to her about her troubles,but i guess i'll just be able to view her as somewhat of a sister even if she only views me as a friend....*the points may appear as there was a brief hesitation* It's good to see Kyle and Elona happy after they have been through recently.

I must now prepare to re-teach the Triad's Values to Kyle *the entry ends here,the writing also seems to be getting more beautiful by each entry,from a simple writing it now reflects some of the celestial tongue quality*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 am

Today i write about a..happier event i guess.Almost everyone sees paladins as those people that are serious all the time and hold our duty and faith above all else,we indeed hold our duty and faith on top,but we arent serious all the time...no one is made of steel after all.

What made me realise this is when i met a friend today,Luthane,this is the second time i spent some time with her and i noticed that when i'm around her i joke around,smile more and only get serious when the matter is serious, we even annoy each other in a friendly way...not something many would think of a paladin...but it's not only that, she also reminds me of my duty when it has to be done,and is also a generous and good person that helps people in their fighting and goals.

I feel a great friendship growing.I would write about other matters...but today i do not wish to write about them...seeing as they are somewhat more serious..i'll leave that for another day
*the entry ends here,the writing has not become much better from the last entry*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 am

Sir Obren was hit hard by the King's decision of razing Wharftown,he looks saddened by so much destruction,even if Cordor helped all the innocent refugees,and i dont blame him...i and many other members of the Temple had our Doubts about the razing but in the end saw as there was no better solution,that added to the razing made Obren have doubts about the path and about Cordor.He has decided to spend some time among the ruins of Wharftown and Benwick so he can rid himself of his doubts and refind his path.It seems he doesnt know about the Temple recovering the artifact...

More worrying news,a member of the Eagles approached me ,when he noticed i was a member of the Triad,and spoke to me how the Black Hand(order of Banites) is getting bolder and doing incursions as well as having their eyes set upon whatever Wharftown will become,i dont know what they plan but we must not let their plans come to fruition,and we may have to postpone Benwick to fight them,because we cannot underestimate them seeing as many of them seem to be powerful.The Temple shall aid the Eagles and Cordor to fight this Banite scum.

Kyle's squirrship is progressing,he told me about when he started losing his way until he decided to come back,a long tale i shall not write here seeing as it's his and he might not want others to know,that made me realise wich virtues he lacked and wich he had too much of:It seems the ones he lacked somewhat were Devotion(by changing his worship to the god of vengeance bracause of setbacks) and Truth(by denying it),and the one he had too much of is Compassion(by being moved solely by it and denying the truth and the actions the one he loved did).I shall work these on him,for now i will teach him again about every Virtue

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:46 am

Today Luthane gave me a enchanted ring,i noticed it may not be of much use for every combat but as a good relic to use in a emergency,and it seems she was holding onto it for me,i couldnt simply refuse it or give to someone else.She is also wanting to do everything she can to buy me an adamantine helm...even though i didnt even have the time to even help her acquire some of it,i say to her in a jokingly way that i will never rest until i repay her if she ever buys me that helm with her gold but i truly mean it,and Knights dont give their words around ligthly.

I didnt have a full "session" with Kyle today,i must have some more time to prepare it,but i gave him a quest that will help him understand more fully the Virtue of Devotion,the quest is to speak with the believers of the Triad and followers of goodly faiths,as many as he can before i summon him,about why they have that faith and what makes them remain devoted even in the darkest of times.And then speak the general feelings and thoughts he has of everything he heard,i think that lecturing and correcting all the time might be too strict for some people,even though i was trained in such strict regimen but being a Knight is mostly not the same regimen for Paladins of Tyr.

I met a Banite who was shouting around how he made the roads around Cordor safer by killing goblins in a painful and slow way,wich in itself is already wrong..even if we are fighting evil it doesnt mean we should torture,he also says how it was the orders of the Dark Lord and was praising Bane as well.He wants us to belive it was for the good of Cordor but i will never believe that,nor in life nor in death,Banites should never be trusted,but unfortunately Cordor is mostly neutral ground, somewhere to not bring religious wars, and it's not i who decide who's welcome or not...but i'll remain vigilant about this Banite.And as if that's not enough he indirectly threatened and elf and only stopped when Aerin intervined,unfortunately i was looking the other eay when it haopened and only noticed it when i heard the elf asking "what do you want from me" and i saw Aerin approaching as well,when that happened tha Banite left saying he was done for now.

We spoke with the elf that he could seek any of the temple if he ever feels threatened by the same banite again seeing as it's our duty to help and protect people as well as fight the Dark Lord's servants.The elf,seeing as we try to help people the best we can,said he wanted to learn how to read.Me and Aerin thought this was a good quest for the squires,would teach them Patience and Humility,the squires who should do that are Kaenna,Shea and Marcellus,i decided that Kyle didnt need to focus on Patience for now,as much as i dont like treating Kyle differently...he is not a normal case.

*the writing ends here,the writing is still on the basic aesthetics of the celestial tongue,more beautiful than most but far from perfect*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:22 pm

There has been a couple of months i have written here last...i didn't have the time for this while i was focused on trying to increase the Temple of the Triad presence as well as recruit.Ever since i brought my concerns about our activities to the Guardian and our members,we decided to increase our presence in face of the Banite activities as of late,seeing as the more presence they have the more people hear and join their cause,as followers of the Triad we must not let that happen.

It's still a work in process but it seems more than our members wish to help,Arael Laceflower has decided she wishes to help us with increasing our presence as well as resolve some of our issues.Our issues are in three fronts,aside from wishing to increase presence in Cordor,Benwick's portal to the Hells and a set of infernal urns spread across the island that seems to call the devil horde to whenever they are,The Banites ever increasing cause and their hostilities towards us,and The Wharftown refugees getting attacked by a group of radicals called "Cordor Brotherhood" wich seems to have been arrested/killed but some stragglers may still be left.

Some things of concern within the Temple itself are:A paladin called Azrael who once was more of an ally is now officialy a member at the Rank of Overseer,along with Obren,and Kyle not trusting Azrael fully and in doubts of why Azrael became overseer right away,wich lead to some hostilities between them that seem to be resolved,for now.And Aerin being falsely accused of murder and High Treason,something to do with a few people murdering cordorian citizens supposed to be part of the Brotherhood,and a victim accusing Aerin,he says he was asleep and i belive and trust him,wich means someone wants to taint the Temple's image,coincidentally at the same time as we started to want to increase presence.

I sense a lot of work ahead of us Triadists,but following the Virtues of Patience and Devotion...every step towards a righteous cause is worth it.It may take a few more months before i write again,or not.

*the writing hasn't changed much,other than a little more rusty in the appearence way*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 am

We must learn to let go

This is something i told my squire,Kyle.We can bring closure to many things,not everything.We should focus on bringing conclusion to what we can resolve,for Kyle's case...his family,magistrate position,and his help for the Temple...as for his concern to prove himself worthy to wield the sword again...that has to be put aside,he has to let go of it or else it might consume him.

Some people may see this as hypocritical from a Knight of the Temple of the Triad,still fighting for the freedom of Benwick from the devils,but that is somethingg we can bring closure to,every day we are taking a step closer to completing our goal for the Light Keep,now more than ever...and that wouldn't be possible if those that came before us didn't give up,and we aren't focusing solely on it,we are helping elsewhere as well,like the refugees in Cordor we are finding a solution for them,and we are again with strong presence,although not enough yet.

Speaking of getting closer and closer to Benwick's freedom...the expedition i led into the Aurilite Temple up in the Spires,other than making me learn much about leadership, for the Celestial Keystone,a powerful artifact that along with the sword might finally be able to close the portal to the Hells,made us learn the keystone is split into shards and put into 4 rods that were all scattered along the isle,a Red rod wich we acquired when fighting the devils in Benwick,a White Rod...wich seems to be the most safely guarded according to Obren and Azrael...in a sub-plane of magical cold where a "High Sister" most likely a high priestess of Auril is guarding it,i do not know much about what happened between her Obren and Azrael,but seeing how much hope Obren lost his hope...made me realize how strong the priestess truly is.

The last two rods,don't seem to be heavily guarded,so those are the ones we shall set to find first...before we try the White one once again.Once that is done...Benwick will be closer than ever to being saved.

Kyle has progressed well,after seeing he learned the virtue of Devotion fully,i went for his understanding of the Virtue of Compassion,after speaking with both him and Elona,i believe he is recovered on that Virtue as well.I believe there is nothing more he can learn from others,he can only learn from himself and from experience from now on.It is time...Kyle is ready to become a Knight!

Light Never Fades

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 am

I am writing on this day not about our expedotions amd goals to restore about Benwick but how i...failed and lost a friend and sister of the Temple.Tyr seems to keep testing my Devotion to the cause i fight for....my illness striked again...,itseems i'll never recover of the incident...,while i was rec9vering it seems i missed many sad things....and my greatest failure until this day.

Light Never Fades,does it?

My first fully taught squire...Kyle Eldafire,has murdered his wife Elona Winsbane...the gods returned her...for a time,but more on that later,it seems Kyle was getting more and more strange for Elona,if that is the apropriate word,and Elona decided to send their child away with sir Tera while she and Kyle spoke about what is happening.

When she told him this it seems he attacked her...so breaking many of his vows and going against many of the Triad's teachings...after that he was judged and the law decided to exile him for 10 years,without his newly born son.I say this is my greatest faillure because he was my squire,i was the one who taught him about the Triad's Virtues...i was the one who saw him fit to be a Knight...and here we are...a couple of months later he murdered his wife ...the woman who has given birth to his son a oathbreaker and a coward,i have failed and accept any punishment the gods wish to give.

Part of me,worried about his newly born son to grow up without his father...as well as his mother now...,wishes for Kyle to find peace,so he can return to his family.But the part of me that is a paladin of Tyr he doesn't deserve peace,there are no third chances he already had his second,Justice would be for him to not find any peace at all...he made vows to Tyr and broke almost all of them,and it's the secomd time he has gone off his path

*this page ends here but it seems there's more of the same entry at the next*

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 am

*The continuation of a previous entry*
And the gods tests never end it seems,Elona has died....with her son away and her husband on trial for murder...i hear she died defeating a great evil,she put herself and her matters below the greater good...that is what a Knight must do.I wish we could have become closer friends,unfortunately i had little time to interact with her.

And it seems my Devotion is at a test once again,the one i made into a knight doing such thing...and a friend of the Temple dying while i was unable to do anything..while i recovered from my neverending illness...my Devotion will never waver...but these tests seem to have no end...

The gods of Light are good and i follow their teachings with my heart and soul...but they can be cruel with their tests