The Aged Prayer Book - Journal Entries

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

deadpeopledontdream

The Aged Prayer Book - Journal Entries

Post by deadpeopledontdream » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 pm

It's an old elven written prayer book with countless ritual, then prayers, and cleansings followed by previous personal notes from other clergy who had handed it down till now, everything from the ranting mumbles of priestess who was tired of the high priest taking his free time to stalk her prayer time. To the enlightened thoughts of how a session with a sorrowful or lost elf might have been better guided. The first entry of the new priest who had been gifted the prayer's of the Luminous Cloud with limitless pages beyond it for person note had started were simple and hesitant at first but soon gives way to full thoughts.

"He told me to write in it, so I am. Maybe a few years late and I am not sure I'm the journal type but you don't question my mentors priest's last few requests now that he's west. Odd that he choose me of his many acolytes to take his thoughts on with them. So many younger more gifted priests, I am honored by what he saw in me and at the same time cautious, not even months after his Moonbow orders come down from the Mystical that I am to take this venture across the trackless seas.. I honestly wouldn't even be writing still but many of the young sailors find it hard to speak to me unless they seek advice, the older ones are stubborn in their ways and feel to formal with me for light discussion, and boredom on these months waning and waxing waves quickly ensues. Being so far from the green isle with so little blessings isn't exactly exciting, they assured me there is a wealth to learn at this distant isle lost in the trackless sea and quickly. I could use the break now that Lea'shell has her formal marriage, our eldest daughter seemed most concerned about my travel, I tried as I might to assure her with the other priests' words. I know she's not on this ship but I wouldn't be surprised if she got passage on one of the fleet ships with us. I will check once we disembark at the city of Core Door was it called? Human trade port of some kind, they said the elves have settled further inland for themselves, I imagine I can get the details of such there. Although my mission like any mission from the Moonlit Mystery was vague at best and simply stated <I was to take my place at this isle amidst the many who call it home.> Home that's worth a wonderful reverie tonight.-

I do wonder if Lea'shell regrets her feelings for me, she would no doubt be much happier in her formal courtship if we hadn't let the lustful nights take us time after time. I'm shocked any Or-tel-quessir noble found it suitable to take a formal marriage with a mother of three. I won't complain though if it serves her family and the needs of our people it's for the best. Not like we did much beside drink too much wine and share our reverie.. I admit it, I am bitter. Bitter for the loss of those free feelings of pleasure and fun. Without a family house and formal dwellings of my own I understand why her family was less then thrilled with our entanglements. Yet to marry her off suddenly.. perhaps she had warning and simply choose not to enlighten me. I may be a servant of the Lady of Dream but I suppose it would have made our last times together less enjoyable.-

Oh the moonlight and stars were glorious. I see why people get so addicted to the sea. Fresher then fresh air no stuffy demands. Although I admit the food lacks a certain flare. I danced with a few other sailors they were very pleased to see a light hearten priest. Although we have a noble lady on this ship, I didn't really catch her name over the loud waves but she seemed most displeased with my freedom to enjoy myself. Anyways, I have invitation tonight-

Good few weeks of not writing but the concerns draw me closed, the ship is more geared towards cargo and swift travel but I honestly wonder if they even know where we're going sometimes, I think we might be lost in the trackless sea and although I am concerned I am one of a few. Most of the well traveled sailors seem assured in the concept of where were going despite the limitless refusal to tell me when we will get there and how much longer we will be at sea. I sense no game in their motivations perhaps simply they have an idea of where they're supposed to be and finding this tiny isle isn't a certainty. We're not lacking in food or supplies but I admit stir crazy was last week, I'm tired motion under my floor boards, the fresh smell has lost it's original excitement. I want a warm fire and perhaps a some fresh mint. A glass of newly uncorked apple wine wouldn't hurt either. I haven't honestly kept track of how many days or weeks but this is the third full moon that has passed an in my prayers I could sense her caution. I will remain wary and awake least I alone know something that she wishes to be noticed.-

Perhaps my prayers fears were nothing but I can't help but feel an unshakable sense of ill ease, it seems lost on the other sailors, I even informed the captain finely of my concerns. He trusts the Luminous Cloud and took them to heart, he will have more men at arms for the next week. I rest a little easier knowing this.-

Nothing again tonight, perhaps I am simply tired of being at sea. I stayed up close to dawn with the sailors again. I can't help myself the moon eases my tensions and the company of kindred smooths my loneliness without Lea'shell to seek out on dark nights. The moon is waning slowly and with it I notice how little I think of the Greenisle and how much I consider this new isle that I am to live for the coming time. Will be the first time in over a century I will see the races beyond my kin. The idea of a drunken dwarf singing and gnomes trying to sell trinket tools excites me. Probably nothing that amusing for me though, I assume it's mostly humans busy and crowded with new foods and drinks, some kindred no doubt.. armed with archers quiver to quiver that would make my mother fawn. My reverie will no doubt be filled with my mother's voice stories of the old archer leagues contesting for her hand, true or not those stories were always hysterical.-

Well, the loss is less then it would have been. I really wish my warning had been wrong but there is no taking credit for the ill givings of those merciless types. The third night of my warning the sailors had gotten a touch more lax but it was enough, enough to make sure they didn't take the ship without warning. Two died, I wish a better priest then I had been present for those youth I helped them west but I really feel it hadn't been their time. The captain was much at ease just to have them sent west honestly, so I can't fault myself for not having more skill. They could have sent another but did not. My frustration is heavy though, the captain said there is good news though we are no doubt going to hit land within the week if since bandits don't travel far to raid. This is the first time a pirate ship had been so effective in using cover and nightfall at his fleet. He seemed concerned for the isle's well being. Odd, he seems attached to this isle despite being at sea between here and the Greenisle. The other two in the fleet had no fallen such is the relief of being the scout. Tonight after tending to the wounded with all my strength the captain personally saw me to my room, I felt honored. He used that time to tell me another ship from the Greenisle would be years out probably close to a decade. So if wanted to go back I needed to decide quickly as they would only be docked a few weeks, month at most while they unloaded, traded, and prepared to go back out. I guess even the mainland humans only send so many ships, understandable giving the nature of crossing the trackless sea. If I stay, he said next time he is sent this way I would without doubt hear from him encase I wanted a trip home or to perhaps join his crew.. An invitation I did not expect, he even said the crew rather liked me. I had to explain why I came this way because without my expectations I think I would have taken that offer. I feel they need a priest more so one of the Luminous Cloud on such a fleet but my duties come first. Still the idea of a warm fire and some fresh fruit sounds almost intoxicating at this point. My place isn't here on this ship, I know that. Although I will look back on these many nights of moon light chatter and sun lite laughter fondly. Perhaps even offer them aid should come past.. my new home, again. Home. Home? Fathoming a place you have never seen as your new home is strange but it seems right at least now."

That was the last of what was written before the priest took to shore. Perhaps he will find interest in his travels to write again.