"The well just exploded!"

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Anime Sword Fighter

"The well just exploded!"

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:29 am

I was bored and decided to do creative writing.

Sometime in the early 90s Arelith Reckoning, there happened to be a Plague of sorts that fell upon the city. This was brought about by a series of complicated things, a curse, and guardian spirits of a lost civilization.

During this plague, many strange and unusual things occurred. Perhaps one of the strange things will now be recounted as through the eyes of one poor William the Paper Man.

It went something like this...

-

William was minding his own business, as per usual, handing out out-dated copies of the Arelith Scribe to any poor suckers who would give him that sweet, precious coin- and then making a large profit off of those who paid an entire gold coin for a single piece of paper. He made billions off of that enterprise and the monopoly he held which his father had left as inheritance.

Some individuals were making remarks about some diseases being spread, some plague, other magicky-gibberish he did not rightly understand and frankly did not care to learn. His talents lay in paper-making and the business of selling it. Besides, he learned long ago not to question those strange people. They had a tendency to shoot lightning and wield great and flaming swords and generally scare every other person aside from each other.

This day, a large group had assembled within the Temple District. The city was in its usual chaos with more magic and other shenanigans flying around.
"Buy a newspaper for one gold piece?" said William, to a black-hooded man who walked up to him.
"No, but I'll give you a coin for some writing paper so I can leave a note at the message board." replied the man. William smiled as he handed over the paper, this normal ritual setting him at ease. Since the man bought it, he wouldn't try to hurt William today. Today, at least.

No, William had other things to worry about today. For suddenly, a rumbling was heard beneath the district. The well began bubbling, quite unusual. Oh well, probably just another of those mad experiments by those strange, alarmingly powerful individuals. He lowered the bucket down to get himself a drink of water, when-

The well exploded! A green waste had spewed forth. William barely managed to get out of the way, and nearly avoided being trampled upon by the ever-growing crowd of individuals now surrounding the scene. Shuffling to the back, William cleared his throat and continued trying to sell his papers.

What a sight to see, the spew shot straight smoothly into the sky, splattering back down around the district. He wrinkled his nose, thinking it would all be dealt with soon. Those people had a thing for fixing problems of the city, and they either tended to work out well and back to everyday normal life or something incredibly drastic happens and oh well, it doesn't matter anyway since he'd probably die. He learned long away to embrace his mortality, and then his re-mortality as he was brought back to life multiple times from stray lightning strikes.

"I wonder how this will affect my paper selling. I wonder if they'll want some kind of waste-paper to help clean it all up." thought William. This gave him an idea. Paper, used to mop up messes and spills. Specifically, to clean up after using the bathroom. More specifically, to wipe one's behind when done using the bucket.
He then discarded the idea as not really worth his time, and decided to go on talking about how the Banites Were Definitely Mobilizing This Time with his newspaper.