Ty'al

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Broken Hopes Shattered Dreams

Ty'al

Post by Broken Hopes Shattered Dreams » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 pm

The politics were maddening. They were all that consumed the warriors thoughts lately, a swirling vortex of nonsense as far as he was concerned. Cause and effect, ebb and flow, pro action versus reaction and vice versa. It was all a game to the Drow of the Table most loved it, Ty'al did not. He was a warrior a tool to be used on the battlefield. Getting there amidst all the talking was a waste of time yet all the leaders ever did was talk, plan. There were palms to be greased, factions to be included and on the flip side of the factions to be left out. There never seemed to be an end to all the planning. Gone were the days of old when the monsters of the depths would gather their strength on a whim and raid the surface spilling blood and dragging back sacrifices for Lolths altars. There was no planning, no hours upon hours of deliberation. Just warriors, priestesses, scouts, whoever could be mustered at that moment with one goal in mind bloodshed on the surface world. As far as Ty'al was concerned the current state of the Underdark was a weak one. It was no mystery why surfacers roamed freely the tunnels near Andunor they no longer feared the monster races that inhabited the Underdark and why should they? Most had friends and allies among the surface dwellers. It was enough to drive any true Lolthite mad.

So it was during the last round of discussions regarding raids to the surface that Ty'al had enough of the inaction. He left the District House and headed for his dwelling in the Shipyard barracks. Silent as even the best of Drow scouts a familiar barefoot elf trailed him as she always had. Head low eyes darting around taking in the surroundings she asked no questions simply followed along and awaited orders. The two figures entered the Barracks and headed upstairs where Ty'al pulled out a travel sized pack and began stuffing it with various items.

"I'm leaving Fadrithiel. You are free to do as you wish though if I were you I'd leave the city before someone else snatched you up and put a new clamp on you." Ty'al finally said out loud as he packed his things.

"Hammer does not want Her?" She replied.

Was that pain? Panic? He couldn't tell. He turned his head slightly to her she sat cross legged on the bear rug on the side of his bed.

"That's not what I said. I said you are free to do as you wish-"

"She wishes to be His and do as He commands. Fadri is a good girl. Fadri does not understand why Hammer wants her to leave." She interjected before he could even finish his sentence.

He knew the conversation would go like this. He likely could have recited her responses word for word before she even said them herself. She had been clamped to him for years and had served him as a Temple slave for years before that. They both understood each other well. He knew the idea of freedom terrified her.

"Fine, then we are leaving. Gather your things we won't be returning."

"She is ready" Fadri stood from where she was sitting belted her rapiers and stood ready.

The two left out of Sin's Gate and made their way out into the Flood Plains. There was no note left. Nobody was told of his intentions he just needed to get away. The thrill of survival and combat being an every day event had his senses tingling. He was done asking for permission to do battle with this one or that one. No one was there to tell him to hold off until the right time. And so they walked and wandered the Underdark far from Andunors borders and politics. They passed many outposts belonging to the many races of underdark dwellers. Passed through many cities and kept wandering.

Years had passed before the two had ever come close to Andunor again. Ty'al and Fadri found themselves on a familiar road covered in ice spanning from the Surface world to the Glacial Melt. As they passed through the melt and the heights without much a word spoken they finally entered the plains and Ty'al had made his decision.

"I intend to go into the city and see how much has changed in our time away. Stay out here and wait for me. I will return. I don't see myself staying very long."

"Yes, Hammer" She responded to Ty'al's back as he belted his hammer slung his shield and marched towards Sin's Gate.

Broken Hopes Shattered Dreams

Re: Ty'al

Post by Broken Hopes Shattered Dreams » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:48 am

A very new and even more unusual Andunor is what Ty'al discovered during his time getting acclimated to the city again. Some familiar faces remained, more new faces wandered about. Surprisingly there seemed to be a healthy population of young Drow. Hope? Perhaps. The larger Drow warrior marched onward after ferrying over from the Shipyards, he entered the Hub and spoke with the goblin messenger service handing a written letter to the goblin messenger along with a sack of coin and the runner was off.

The goblin sped off through the Rothe Fields and out into the Flood Plains in search of a target it would likely never find but who would track it for some time. Peridot green eyes peaked out at the goblin from the shadows watching it, tracking its movements. It was a wonder this pale creature could remain as stealthy as she does in the Underdark. A lifetime of practice had her blending with the shadows as only the best of the Drow can. Finally in the area Ty'al said to search and lap had it not found any sign of her she allowed the goblin deliver its message.

"Fadrithiel, change of plans. I think we'll be staying a while however there are things we need to go over before you enter the city. I'll be coming out to meet you within the next tenday or so. Keep an eye out for me."

The letter is signed in flowing Xanalress "Ty'al" with a sketch of a warhammer below the signature.