The Gathering Storm

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

caldura firebourne

The Gathering Storm

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:13 pm

*Written in a small journal bound in the hide of a winter wolf with elegant script*

"it's been some time now since we've left, and now I feel our return is as inevitable as the coming winter. but for now we better serve the maiden here, in this middle of nowhere fish town, possibly the only place left on this gods forsaken island that still knows fear.

Fear is not always a bad thing, in this case it is that fear that may be this towns salvation when the rest of the isle slowly dies in agony from the gathering storm that their own stubbornness blinds them to, certainly a few people noticed, a few people went around settlement to settlement with warnings on the boards, but they were by and large ignored except here.

Except in this little fish town full of fear.

we have much work to do."
Plays as the monster in your closet

caldura firebourne

Winter is Coming

Post by caldura firebourne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:37 am

I was not chosen sadly, to become one of the clergy, was never gifted with the powers of those favored by the divines. possibly I was unworthy in the eyes of Auril, or maybe it's because though twins my sister was firstborn, who can know for certain?

All I know is that if I'm going to be favored by Auril it's not going to be because I use her will as my weapon, instead I'll be the Frost Maidens instrument in this life, what better way to show my devotion than to be a guardian of the clergy, or the weapon chosen by the goddess herself to carry out her will.

too long has this isle gone without word of prayer to my goddess, too long has it been since they've decided they need to beg her for mercy in the cold winter. that is about to change, Winter is coming Arelith, and the bitter cold will bite those who are unworthy, will freeze those who shun her followers, and will kill those who try to stand against the furies in foolish defiance.

Flameborn

Re: The Gathering Storm

Post by Flameborn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:14 am

Oh cold pale moon see us through the frigid dark nights and let our enemies wither and cry out for the mercy that winter shall not grant them. We shall teach them the maidens balance, be you child or man or beast, be you good or evil, pious or heretic, cold comes for us all. ~A short frost sister prayer.
"Never underestimate the enmity of those for which outrage is a sport."

caldura firebourne

Of failures and revelations

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 am

We failed, wharftown decided to vote in the tyrant Alicia, though they refuse to see her as such instead of those pledged to their salvation, my sister has been recalled to service amongst our sisters, but my path is yet my own to forge.

I've left the waymen, no longer a guard in title but a guardian nonetheless, where one is needed but not desired, wharftown. My home currently, those who took me and my sister in when no others would look at us without a sneer of self righteous hatred. I will protect my home to my last breath as I vowed when I joined the waymen, even though I can no longer do such as a official guard.

I visited the temple of the Triad in Cordor, yes, even I am surprised they haven't found cause to exile me and take away my shop. I've made no secret as to my affiliations, but it seems entrance to the triadic temple for simplicities such as healing kits, potions and portal lenses is denied me yet.

I took the time to point out the irony of this to my evictor, nameless though she remains to me, no matter I'll learn it in time.

I was there buying goods pure and simple, with no intention to linger. A place of such upturned noses of self righteousness makes my skin crawl.

I was told, rather politely to leave as my kind was not welcome there, I thought it fitting to point out, while the triadists will do anything to uphold the sanctity and purity of their temple, they've no qualms of raiding other temples and slaughtering the guardians and followers for naught but a few trinkets, ores gems... Books even. On their own board I've seen planned raids on the temple of my sisters in the spires, and they wonder why the aurites are gathering, how long must we endure such attacks by these heathens and heretics? How many of my sisters must die?

How many of our treasures must be taken as trophies by those who claim a just life before retaliation is acceptable?

I think we've endured enough, now it's their turn

caldura firebourne

The Cold War

Post by caldura firebourne » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:29 am

Territory....

that's all that concerns them, ensure my sisters gain none, but take what they can from them.
they claim a wish for a peaceful end to this conflict, at least to my face, but it's all lies and deceit.

Outpost camps encroach further into the temple lands, closer, pushing quietly for more territory to make their demands on, it's time to push back, though I suspect I won't be as quiet about it. the beautiful white snow is liable to be tainted a deep red color soon