Who am I?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DeepDarkTruth

Who am I?

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:35 am

Dear diary,

.. Is this how they start?
Many years I've spend in this realm, decades on this strange isle. But even so, it is not until recently I've felt an urge to make a note of my thoughts.

Why?

Feelings of deceipt, of terror, of darkness. Would be easy to claim. But no. - Loyalty, honesty, truthful - All pretty words, yet none of them hit home.
The answer is simple, so easy, so obvious - Brother.

How?

Quill, ink, paper and leather. All that is needed to make you, dear diary. While empty is what you are, brimming with knowledge and wisdom you'll be. My guide when thoughts turn dark. My friend when hope seems but a vague idea. My brother, beyond time, beyond realms.

Who am I?

... *A few words are scribbled, none make sense, in the end.. The writing just trails off*
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

~~Rachel M'haaren~~ - Strangled by plague elf
~~Sipas~~ - Lost searching for ancient tomes in the sands
~~Marley Goodman~~ - Dead and rotting

DeepDarkTruth

Entry two

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Dear diary,

Today I saw her, if but for a brief grimpse. My eyes couldn't move themself from her, no matter the pain it caused. For a moment, I felt it.. Bliss, joy .. Then rushing they came. Dread, anger, suffering. My companions of darkness - I must shake them from my thoughts, not allow them to cloud my mind once again.

Why?

Desire springs to mind. Lust, second to that. A road travelled, a road abandoned - Paths carved in the dark, the tunnels still excist. Avoiding them I have for long - But for now. I shall acknowledge them. For I was the one who carved them, and they are me.

How?

I must speak to him - I must convince him. He does not think I'm ready, but without it.. I fear I'll wither away into nothing, or possible worse yet.. *A few taps on the paper, as the writer clearly paused* .. There's no other obvious. I must convince him.

Who am I?

.. Unknown .. *The single word is all that's written, but it has been etched onto the pace, over and over again*
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

DeepDarkTruth

Re: Who am I?

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:54 am

Challenges.

It's been a few days since last I had a moment, to sit, and write. A lot have changed over the past days, I wouldn't even know where to begin. My road is clear to me, presented and I'll walk each stride with confidence.
I'll endure what I must, for the sake of others.

Why?
This pin, small is size but heavy in burden. It weights on me. Responsibilities - I don't even know where to begin. I was not cut out for this, but he seems to believe I am. It's a token of appreciation. One I'll gladly accept, despite the consequences.
.. Family matters.. *The last two words are scribbled on their own line, in bold*
How?
If I had all the answers, I'd not be in this position. I simply do not no, but I refuse to let it stop me. I'll continue to do what I've done so far - And pray that will be enough.
There's still doubt in my mind - But it is not of my path, it is of me - Am I strong enough to withstand all of this? I shall hope so. When the trail I walk seems to vanish, I shall carve myself a new.

He promised me - He said I'd be allowed to take it soon. The rite. I know the risks, I know what it entails.
Does it frighten me? Yes! Will I let my fears stop me..

Never.
Who am I?
..Why does this question always boggle me so.. *A few dots of ink on the parchment trails the words*

A blizzard.