The Broken Sword

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

aaa3

The Broken Sword

Post by aaa3 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:11 pm

The broken honor

Ten years ago, if someone would ask me, if drow has any honor, i could answer - My honor is my loyalty. I stood loyal when everyone kept spitting on us, when many sided with enemies. I did not tremble when Yasdia kept making offers and everyone else tried to lure me out.
But now, after almost thirty years. A single woman, a slave, a low human, broke it. She stole the only certain thing from me.
When we said a farewell to each other many years ago, with her shackles removed, i knew it is forever. The last farewell.

But i did not expect this. She changed. Where is gone this black hair i so loved? And her memories were wiped out, she said. Realy cruel play of the fate.
A reminder, that sometimes past is past, and nothing will change. Should i regret that? And what did she cost me? Dealing with black archer to get her to surface. That fool Yasdia would laugh me out, if he ever discovered I even did not sleep with her.

Paying my own coins to help her remove the collar, and thus making my matron to loose her...property. I paid attention to her, instead my own duties.

But I do NOT regret that. The knowledge she is somewhere out there, the only life i have ever saved, fed me more satisfaction than anything else.

This time i left her without a farewell. Perhaps to delay the definitive.
I liked her too much to simple take her.

Walking down the stairs towards the portal, i had to think of the things to come. In one i was certain. I found my place. I do not belong either down or up, I belong where am I at the moment. Hand wrapped up amulet, one of the two i wear now. It belonged to the priest of goddes with such similar name.
Why did i murder him resting in the surface cave, i will never be able to tell. Sometimes, sometimes i do the first urge i feel. Like Selvetarglin is expected.
I paused a moment, holding the worn surface amulet in tight grip. Who says you cannot kill in name of a Selveterm, while honoring her off the battle? Is she not afterall, goddes of happiness and joy? How much a grumbled and grizzled veteran get from both down there?

Hire sword. Indenpendence. Freedom.

It is time to spoil some bad blood again.

aaa3

Re: The Broken Sword

Post by aaa3 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:27 pm

What never changes

I lingered in the hall, thinking how much this city had changed. A false god is honored, and not so long ago, i stood side by side with Nadarzuls, thing i could never imagine. What is doing Drakus? We should get some drinking and then go to roll around killing some outcasts as we always planned to.

What is doing Kiya? When i asked myself, i had no idea how angry i will be, once it is answered.

Alydra, i hope someone finally murdered her, or i will have to do it myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by a conversation i overheard. Some female said that underdark is beutiful.

And cold, smelly, moisty, with water dropping on your heads from ceiling. Did i remark it aloud? Sadly, yes. I turned and walked off, if i did not stop! I stopped to take a look around when that wench ran after me. And began to shout about bowing...to superior women.

This will never change. No matter what gods name or whatever they call on, it will be always same. The more unimportant, the more acting like queens and kings of all space. Worshipping false god but demanding llothite traditions. What a ridiculous parody on a drow. Even the sharrans and vhaerunites and all others have much better backbone. Why did we strike each other for centuries to allow such crap to rise in power? Oh Drakus, we had to beat some sense to our females, but we were so naive and stupid and obeyed them so blindly.

To increase her value she brought in someone she called a priestess from Xunviir. That one in fact hid behind this wench. That mere female from street demanded me to obey her commands. To drop my amulet, and similar bullshits. When i told her, if she wants to command me, she has to hire me before, as i hold no district neither house allegience, that ssin drew a sword.
On me! I was not impressed. Both looked like someone i could cut down with casual swings, but hey wait? I havent brought my sword into that already? Apparently i am growing too old. Ten years ago i would strike them down both. But now, who cares for some whinning whelps?
She understood my message, and pulled back. Then, both with noses raised up walked off.

What a display of a noble house, indeed.