Aqarev's Reflections

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomato

Aqarev's Reflections

Post by Tomato » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Aqarev wrote:The Sun is a pleasant, oft forgotten pleasure.
When its rays are gentle it weakens a man such as myself. I want nothing but to remove my thick armor and heavy gambeson and lay naked in sand as the simplest kobold.

This sand would be coarse, ideally, and hotter than the sun. Almost scalding when I lay atop it and rub it on my skin, to remove pesky dirt and the dried lifeblood of my enemies, I would relax, and be at peace.
Last edited by Tomato on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomato

Re: Aqarev's Reflections

Post by Tomato » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Aqarev wrote:A great measure of a man is the manner with which he hosts.
Accomodating another is a graceful art, requiring constant vigilance of The Guests' state of mind.
A hosts attentiveness must be subtle or those who take the time to come and share pleasant experiences together would be made to feel self concious.

The comfort of the Guest must take precedence long as they are within the host's home. A good home must be kept tidy and clean or it would leave a crude image, showing the hosts lack of concern for those familiar enough to receive an invitation to enter such an intimate place.

Food must always be at hand, I have found cold meats and fresh fruits along with a choice of water, coffee or a fine spirits would appease most. If a Guest leaves unsatisfied, special preparations must be made to perfect the next visit.

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:22 am

Aqarev wrote: It is proper to cruch one's enemy completely and utterly.
A man who has killed his enemies does not need to consider if he would ever forgive them. It is much wiser to annihilate an enemy than keep him alive, so he would consolidate his powers and seek to strike out once more.

If one shows such mercy, he gives his enemies options. Negotiation is a poison that will eat away at one's victory. Give them no such charity. Crush them, and that will be that.
It must not be Holy Murder, but banishment would work as well. Weakened, and thrown away, they would pose no risk.

One's enemies want nothing more than your destruction, there is no hope of reconciliation, only a fake humble face to buy more time or enjoy ones strength. They must not be destroyed only in body, but in mind. No mercy given to those who seek harm on you. No love, no honor. No second guesses, and no half measures.
Last edited by Tomato on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Aqarev wrote: Of love.
I find it hard to speak of something so intangible, but I often find myself thinking of it.
The laws of Proper Hosting hold true for loving, but they must be refined if one wishes to enjoy such a luxury. I have found that in the island of Arelith depravity is a disease, many fall prey to foul harems that in the end collapse and occupy one's life with burdensome melodrama as one tries to untangle the web they had spun themselves into.

Thus- a man, or a woman, must be devoted to a single person, and toil to gratify and soothe him above all others. It is proper, it is simple, and it is beautiful. One must look after the one they had chosen and pay only them the many love-begotten attentions which only the lover may provide. Cherish, and be cherished by this another, find what they enjoy and have it at the ready, or study it, if such is an art of pleasure, and you will find happiness.

My own choice is a fickle man prone to dangerous moods. A Strifeleader whose anger I have deeply tasted, but I would not change him. His madness is a Radiance is both sublime and inspiring. His white-hot anger. His unreasonably violent emotions hammer the peaceful nature of my existence to its very core, and inspire me to rise up and be Great.

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Aqarev wrote: Of making love.
Tempting as it may be, one should refrain from overt shows of endearment in public, the use of which is always in bad taste, especially in mature company. The art lies in a steady, unobtrusive command of the self. Moreover, one should avoid idle gossip of one’s lover, and as much as one can, moderation of harsh and unkind words towards them, for when one is close, the stabbing distance grows far closer, and the wounds inflicted deeper.

Instead, if you cannot contain yourself, spread lascivious hints for your beloved, ones only they would understand, ones that will teach perfectly of your intent. Childish as it may sound it is only improper if one gets caught. It is dangerous, but if tastefully executed, very rewarding.

Once, when it was my duty to make love and oil the many folds of skin of the second former mistress, I had made it into art. When the third master told me he wished for me to please this or that business partner, I had liked it. A use of the body that would not usually cause me pain or discomfort. Now I realize that I had taken great but quiet pride in the quality of the services rendered.

But my fourth master, even when he was in this position, he has not forced me to such things regardless of the acts he so hotly lusted for. One does not simply ask permission from a slave. But to a Cyricist, the expression of Self and his freedom is paramount. Supreme. Now it is my firm belief that the act of making love is the highest expression of our humanity, it is the celebration of our love for being alive. And so I have found one must make love vigorously and yet with great patience, until the body can no longer reign in their lust. Only then may one lose control, and by keeping abandonment at bay it will be made all the sweeter.

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Aqarev wrote: Of Drow
Ever since I took on the mantle of service to this man who was once my Fourth Master, I have studied much of this strange culture of coal skinned elves I had been thrust into unwillingly.
Most, I pity, but not because of their lack of emotional capacity, but because of what they do with it. These elves would never rise up to take more than a minor death or two out of the surface lands, because they waste their time with useless inner power struggles, while they should be working together. It’s every drow for himself, and such a community cannot grow.

Even as a slave, I have found this practice of Darksteel collars distasteful in the extreme, putting metal on a man’s neck does not mean one will be loyal or smart about their service, it does not mean they will not run, or even worse, betray their master at the first possible moment for a scrap of food. Service comes from within, from Duty, and Love.

It is a shame, for they are mostly cunning and strong, and have the right sort of drive one needs to advance in life. But to me they seem like a horse with blinders too big, they can only step in one direction and will all eventually drop to a death of their own making.

One of them is far more tragic than most, a high priestess of theirs with innocence and purity radiating so clearly out of those pink eyes I’d adopt her as my own daughter were she not so intent on covering her heart with a leaden seal. I find myself wanting to protect her even while admiring what she is able to become, despite it. I know she will be a great figure one day, but I hope she finds peace within this role she is carving out for herself.